Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 9:35:02 AM EDT
Hopefully not a dupe, from thehill website, during a tour of the Sturm, Ruger & Co. factory, Gingrich was asked if he personally had ever owned a gun.

Gingrich admitted that he had never owned a firearm, though he reiterated his support for Second Amendment rights.

Link left cold,

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/202825-touring-gun-factory-gingrich-admits-to-never-owning-firearm

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure I've ever exercised my right of assembly, doesn't mean I don't care about it or can't support it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm not sure I've ever exercised my right of assembly, doesn't mean I don't care about it or can't support it.

Gingrich would sell you for a dollar.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
For some reason Arfcom doesn't like pro-2A politicians. It's weird, but true. Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum all have guns and know how to shoot, but Arfcom hates them with a passion. Idiots.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

probably

I'm not sure I know a grown man who's never owned a firearm
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For some reason Arfcom doesn't like pro-2A politicians. It's weird, but true. Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum all have guns and know how to shoot, but Arfcom hates them with a passion. Idiots.

all three of them are popular here.  on the other hand, arfcom hates everything with a passion.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#6]
For all we know he has an arsenal buried in Utah and at the time of the interview considered it politically problematic to admit to personal ownership.  I wouldn't consider that statement to be a big deal.  I'm not a fan of Gingrich and he would be pretty low on my list of primary candidates to vote for, but that statement isn't going to be a factor in my thinking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

probably

I'm not sure I know a grown man who's never owned a firearm

...or in the alternative, carried one as a soldier !
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Both Sarah Brady and Diane Feinstein have purchased firearms, so I think they deserve our political support.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Newt is a douche bag.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell, he could be an Arfcommer then.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Or it could possibly be that many arfcommers aren't single-issue voters.

Are you?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

All three of them are also religious nut-jobs. I would vote for Perry though, just because.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I am a little surprised to learn this about Newt.  It's hard to imagine that someone didn't give him a gun in all these years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I bet Ron Paul owns a gun!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My platform isn't 100% decided on pro-2A stances.  Pope Santorum wants the USA to be a Catholic theocracy, but hey, you can have [some] guns!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Perry appears to be a great range partner and drinking buddy, but not a debater.  Bachmann is the empty shell of a never-was, and Santorum is Inquisition material.

I'm not overly concerned about the (R)'s 2A stance.  The NRA is going to have them in their pocket.  

[NRA]  Hi there.  You seem to have won the nomination.  Can we chat for a second?  [/NRA]

[(R) Nominee]  I fucking love guns!  I love you!  For the love of Christ and all that is holy, I will personally skull fuck anyone that dares put anti-gun legislation on my desk.  Please, please, for the love of God, put me on the cover of American Rifleman. [/(R) Nominee]

[NRA]  All your party are belong to us.  Behave, or we come in the night for your children.  [/NRA]

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My platform isn't 100% decided on pro-2A stances.  Pope Santorum wants the USA to be a Catholic theocracy, but hey, you can have [some] guns!

That's a straight up lie. His entire platform is all about reducing people's dependence on the federal government. Is the real problem that he's a Christian? Disliking someone because they belong to a specific religion makes you a bigot. Is that what this is about?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a straight up lie. His entire platform is all about reducing people's dependence on the federal government. Is the real problem that he's a Christian? Disliking someone because they belong to a specific religion makes you a bigot. Is that what this is about?

If you are dumb enough to open your pie-hole and say bigoted shit, it makes you a bigot.

If I see someone in Muslim garb, I don't think to myself, "My goodness, what a bigot."  When he opens his falafel-hole about stoning Christians, I think to myself, "Yeah, he's apparently a bigot."

On the other side of the coin, I may think to myself, "Holy shit, a terrorist!" but that's a whole different issue.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#19]
And?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Don't care if he owns one as long as he supports my right to.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All three of them are also religious nut-jobs. I would vote for Perry though, just because.

I have soooooooo much respect for those people who would gladly sell our nation down the sewer just because of their misplaced anti-religious bigotry.

Seriously?!!?  I expect many of your type would turn traitor just to spite Christianity if it came down to it!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top