Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 9:11:30 AM EDT
A few months ago, my 8 y.o. daughter came to me wanting an iPad. I suggested she start selling paracord survival bracelets and keychains. Took her about 2 months to get the iPad, and then made the mistake of letting her shoot my A2 clone. Now she's no longer happy shooting .22LR, and is saving for her first AR-15 and ammo. We've just ordered the parts to build the lower out of her profits.

Here is the problem: She wants the gun painted blue (she hates pink, and considers Hello Kitty items legitimate for target practice only).

I obviously don't want to paint the entire gun blue (otherwise it will look like a rubber training 'blue gun').

I've suggested she just paint the furniture (that way it is fairly cheap and easy to replace later when she grows out of liking it, which I know she will). Alternatively I've had her looking for a 'cool' paint job that is more likely to stand the test of time, and which a teenager or adult wouldn't be embarrassed to shoot. I've had her looking at various pictures of custom paint jobs on AR-15's, but nothing really jumps out at her.

So really I'm looking for idea's/suggestions/inspiration for a AR-15 paint job for an 8 y.o. girl, that's into shooting and martial arts (she placed 3rd at the State Championships in sparring last year), that she is not likely to 'outgrow'. This being her first gun, I'm hoping it's something she'll want to keep for decades...

Any idea's?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Obviously this isn't a AR15 but a color scheme something like this would be cool and it's something she wouldn't mind shooing when she gets older....

ETA - Probably find some ideas at www.lauerweaponry.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top