User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/6/2012 2:56:24 AM EDT
What

The

Fuck?
Ok, so the place I get my gas from screwed up and rang my charge card 5 times for one sale.

Bad enough.
The spousal unit does the bills 5 nanoseconds after this occurs and finds the mistake.

So I take care of it and the people who own the gas station tell me "We'll take care of it", so I figure my job is done.......As long as they do take care of it.
Simple enough right?
No, No fucking way.

Why?
Cause the wife needs to know from me ......How?
How are they going to do it?
Insert my dumb question look here.

But she insists on getting out of me the very method they are going to use to refund the mistaken $278.00.
How the fuck am I supposed to know this? I dont work for a bank nor do I own a credit card machine.

Why the fuck is she demanding I tell her how the fuck it is going to be processed?

And this isint the only instance, the Mrs. is constantly asking me stupit fuckinmg questions that have almost in your fucking face answers.

Its almost like she is torturing me with this innane babble of bullshit questoions.
FUCK IM PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There, Rate it.

Oh, and fuck you too.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
can't rate it. No pics....

ETA: sounds frustrating
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn. Is she always like that?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck trying to figure that out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Damn. Is she always like that?

Couple times a week.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:00:21 AM EDT
[#5]
if thats the best you got ...you aint got much.....2/10 for subject matter

but i feel your pain and can sympathize...10/10 cause she will prolly do this over and over again.

irrational beings they are.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:00:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Ask her if it is that time of month.

If not,maybe menopause is starting.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:01:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Frankly, I wish my wife gave that much of a shit about finances.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:05:02 AM EDT
[#8]
i figure its cause it throws a kink in how she does the bills.  she wants it to be a smooth, seamless process and this just blew that out of the water.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:06:12 AM EDT
[#9]
First multiple-choice poll I've seen here where I can truthfully indicate the affirmative for all options...

Meh.... FML
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:07:21 AM EDT
[#10]
That is not even a scratch on outer layer of the top shell of the surface of crazy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:09:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Honey, here is the name and number of the gas station, they can answer all your questions...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:11:33 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife does the same thing.  When I was reading your post I was wondering if you were actually talking about my wife.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:14:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Female mindset.  They want to know each and every detail to every damn thing.  unless it has something to do with guns or cars, then they could care less what the fuck is coming out of your mouth as long as it doesn't cut into their shoe fund
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Voted "I feel your pain".

But, folks that can do that type of list-organizing in their heads and act on it are valuable tools to have.  You just gotta get her in her right environment and keep you from being one of the critical steps.

So, the only thing you need to learn is point her at the task and let it go. Don't start the task and pass it or it'll backfire on you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:17:50 AM EDT
[#15]
tell her "fucking magnets."
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:18:43 AM EDT
[#16]
You're both wound too tight. Personally, I think your real issue is that you and she aren't having enough sex.
You're welcome.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:19:40 AM EDT
[#17]
LISTEN, there are two theories to explaining how a women thinks.......neither one works!!!!!  It seems to me that you have an awful lot of anger, chill out and tell her to call the store herself if she wants an explanation.  Let them listen to an earful, it was their mistake.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:19:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Pics not loading.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:30:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You're both wound too tight. Personally, I think your real issue is that you and she aren't having enough sex.

You're welcome.

Maybe it's because she insists on him explaining in excruciating detail exactly how he plans to have sex with her before they begin.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

LISTEN, there are two theories to explaining how a women thinks.......neither one works!!!!!  It seems to me that you have an awful lot of anger, chill out and tell her to call the store herself if she wants an explanation.  Let them listen to an earful, it was their mistake.

Wouldn't you think she could come up with this simple amicable solution all by her lonesome?

Why give me the run around, and especially after being told that it was taken care of?

And sorry, but Im too pissed for pics.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:35:16 AM EDT
[#21]
YOUR WIFE IS RIGHT!   Dude, you wouldn't believe how much money can disappear form you account if you are not careful.   How ARE they going to take care of it?  And, BTW, demand that they do it while you are watching to insure that it is done.  You want receipts for the whole thing.  Now take your wife out to dinner.  Been married 35 years to a woman like that.   Having a wife who watches the money flow like a hawk is a great thing.  

This is why cash is such a great thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:35:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're welcome.

As always, the correct answer from Playmore....  I just may need to update my sig line with this one!  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:43:34 AM EDT
[#24]
You are going to need to bring back a head. Any head will do. Put it on a stick.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:48:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I get a lot of that from my wife. She's not a bitch about it but she needs to know the specific details. However, I get pretty tired of it and I usually will pick up the phone, dial the number, get someone on the line then hand the phone off to her. Most of the time she gets annoyed with me over the issue so I simply tell her that:

A) I'm not your personal assistant

B) I don't want to forget or overlook you getting any of the "important" details so I figure that it's better to let you handle the data mining directly

C) My way gets the problem solved in the shortest and least dramatic manner possible
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:51:40 AM EDT
[#26]
We let them own land and gave them the vote. It's all downhill now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:52:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Hormones......

best thing to do is ignore the stupid question, only answer (with kindness and love) legitimate questions.

soon she'll learn to not ask the stupid ones and respect the legitimate answers.

who's in charge in your house anyway.

be the Alpha male, in charge.

problem is most men are not properly schooled in this and tend toward the abusive side of the system and it back fires on them.

good luck
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're welcome.

Maybe it's because she insists on him explaining in excruciating detail exactly how he plans to have sex with her before they begin.....

I'd be willing to write this procedure up in detail in trade for illustrations of the process as completed.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:54:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That is not even a scratch on outer layer of the top shell of the surface of crazy.

Yup, get back to me when she stabs yo uin the back of the leg with a fork, or breaks her hand on your face and tries to kick you in the nuts at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:02:03 AM EDT
[#30]
As a psychologist I would say you need help.

Wife sounds fine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:03:30 AM EDT
[#31]

A woman asking inane, unanswerable questions?

This is something new?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What

The

Fuck?

Ok, so the place I get my gas from screwed up and rang my charge card 5 times for one sale.

Bad enough.

The spousal unit does the bills 5 nanoseconds after this occurs and finds the mistake.

So I take care of it and the people who own the gas station tell me "We'll take care of it", so I figure my job is done.......As long as they do take care of it.

Simple enough right?

No, No fucking way.

Why?

Cause the wife needs to know from me ......How?

How are they going to do it?

Insert my dumb question look here.

But she insists on getting out of me the very method they are going to use to refund the mistaken $278.00.

How the fuck am I supposed to know this? I dont work for a bank nor do I own a credit card machine.

Why the fuck is she demanding I tell her how the fuck it is going to be processed?

And this isint the only instance, the Mrs. is constantly asking me stupit fuckinmg questions that have almost in your fucking face answers.

Its almost like she is torturing me with this innane babble of bullshit questoions.

FUCK IM PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, Rate it.

Oh, and fuck you too.  

Dude, does your wife have a pussy?  If the answer is yes, then she's crazy.  A wimminz is crazy to one degree or another.  The direction of craziness and if it's good crazy or bad crazy can vary from case to case.  Look at my wife.  She has the good crazy.  Though she did marry me...  

So, there's the answer to your question.  And you and I know why we put up with it...   PIE.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:10:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

YOUR WIFE IS RIGHT!   Dude, you wouldn't believe how much money can disappear form you account if you are not careful.   How ARE they going to take care of it?  And, BTW, demand that they do it while you are watching to insure that it is done.  You want receipts for the whole thing.  Now take your wife out to dinner.  Been married 35 years to a woman like that.   Having a wife who watches the money flow like a hawk is a great thing.  

This is why cash is such a great thing.

This, they can do refunds just as easily as they can charge.  Why did they not fix right on the spot?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:10:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:11:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Just make up some bullshit to tell her
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:14:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

he did already

those extr charges were done on purpose as a way to get him some play money cash because she won't let him have any

it just backfired on him

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Rules... you know em
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Son, get used to it I have never met a totally logical woman.  And to be blount about it every man at least once in his life has thought "If they were not needed for reproduction we would all hunt them for meat."
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You're welcome.

Always makes me more tractable.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I would tell you why she does crazy things, but I think there's an entry in the CoC that would get me a letter for my explanation.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#42]

i don't understand why this is even a question. refund via the original payment method is the defacto standard and it is usually required by agreement with card issuers. she should have asked "When?". since she didn't i can only suppose she is desperate and was hoping for cash or a check to fuel an unmentioned drug addiction. she may also have an anxiety disorder. or is simply not very bright.

you chose poorly.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:32:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

he did already
those extr charges were done on purpose as a way to get him some play money cash because she won't let him have any

it just backfired on him

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:32:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Has nothing to do with having to know the mechanics of how the gas station is going to rectify the problem.

What she is saying is that she doesn't trust you actually took care of the problem, and thinks the gas station saying "duh....we'll fix it...please drive through" is a halfassed solution. Worse yet, you apparently said "duih....ok thanks" instead of actually rectifying the error.

In other words, she doesn't actually think you took care of the problem. Asking how they are going to fix it is her way if pointing out you didn't actually do anything.

You asked "how the fuck am I supposed to know this" regarding how they'll fix the problem. The reasonable answer, that any real man would know, is that you sat there and fucking made them fix the problem. Not say "oh.....er....ok.....dur.....thanks!" and walked off hoping they remembered to fix it. Had you actually resolved the issue you'd be able to answer, "well honey, I listened while the manager called headquarters and after five minutes of back & forth they credited our account, here's the confirmation number." Alternatively, "here are the receipts honey from where the pimply faced 16 year old credited my card for the over-charge."

Your wife has asked a completely reasonable question that had you resolved the issue properly you would have been able to quickly, and painlessly, answer. Instead you are now left hoping that the gas station that is so retarded they hit your card 5x times will suddenly transform into a well run and professional outfit and remember to fix the error.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:36:25 AM EDT
[#45]
There's nothing wrong with her.  She's a woman.  Thank God they are different that us (men).

I've been married over 34 years (to the same woman).  Do you know how many times I've explained that you don't have to "turn the thermostat up" when the weatherman says its going to be colder tonight than normal.  Do you know how many times I've told her not to crank the heat/fan from all the off to all the way on in our car/truck/suv?  I seem to be able to find the "sweet spot" where its comfortable.  She has to have everything on hot/high till she gets too warm, then everything is cold/low (till she gets cold and then it goes back to hot/high).  I gave up and bought a car with automatic temperature control.  Set it on the temperature you want and the heat/fan speed vary to maintain that temperature.  A couple of days ago she grabbed the knob and twisted it all the way around to the cold side.  I've just started smacking her hand/fingers when she does that (after all, its MY car, if she wants to twist the heat/fan speed knobs from off/cold to high speed/hot she can drive her own car).

Then there's those trouble shooting suggestions when she thinks her car is making a funny noise, you know the ones:
The front right tire looks a little low, could that be making the seat jerk when I hit the button to move it forward?
When was the last time you changed the oil/oil filter?  Could that make the fan not run on high speed when its cold?
You put new brake shoes on it last month.  Would that have anything to do with the check engine light coming on?

etc., etc., etc.

That stuff used to really fry me.  Now I just laugh at her (and myself when I think about how it used to piss me off - she's smarter than that, NHS all through school and our kids are too smart to just get it all from me and sometimes she does have good ideas about stuff, even if I do struggle to understand the words she uses to convey the idea.)

Get used to it.  Accept it.  Smile and keep your blood pressure low.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:37:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Female mindset.  They want to know each and every detail to every damn thing.  unless it has something to do with guns or cars, then they could care less what the fuck is coming out of your mouth as long as it doesn't cut into their shoe fund

Yup !!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#47]
She is a woman. Lower your expectations to a more reasonable level and you will be thrilled with that behavior.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#48]
I started responding to "Why?" with "chicken thigh", about two months ago.  The whys have decreased by 90%, but I should probably hire a food taster, and start checking my brake-lines regularly.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:48:03 AM EDT
[#50]
im on yor wife side here, by asking how it happens she has a better ability to ascertain it will happen.  a little piece of advice all peple have mottives, determine the motive, understand where the person is coming from.  your wife doesnt want tobe over charged, shes protecting you. why cant you respect and appriciate this?  answer this and that pie issue might resolve.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top