BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:28:45 PM EDT

House
Minority Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., today attacked House Republicans for
passing legislation that would allegedly "destroy 2 million jobs," as
her office claimed that the Obamacare repeal bill alone would "destroy
more than 300,000 jobs," according to her office.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty funny considering this administration is doing everything it can to put everyone out of work and on the gub'ment dole.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
.gov jobs are not real jobs so no great loss.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#4]
We're deluding ourselves. Our nation will collapse, and right in front of our eyes, and not one of us will lift a finger in any meaningful way to stop it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Jobs don't matter. Efficient production matters. Obamacare is a massive misallocation of resources to inefficient uses. Allowing those resources to be allocated to the uses that people want the most (i.e., that produce the most profit) will allow a larger amount of desirable goods and services to be produced (while less-valued goods and services (i.e., government bullshit) will be produced less).

The result will be a net benefit to the US and to the world (and a loss to government functionaries and their shit-eating hangers on, which is always good).
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
yep it probably would kill 300k government jobs. Would spare a few million though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish someone would repeal and destroy her job.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We're deluding ourselves. Our nation will collapse, and right in front of our eyes, and not one of us will lift a finger in any meaningful way to stop it.

Not enough people care yet.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The fact that you've implied that you believe her made up number scares me.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

yep it probably would kill 300k government jobs. Would spare a few million though.

Just so.  Gubmint workers working for a corrupt gubmint and belonging to a corrupt union.  A few million would be called "A good first step".

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Whenever they talk about jobs being lost, they are talking about government jobs.
  They only care about govt jobs.  Fuck the private sector.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Even if the jobs weren't govt jobs and were HMO jobs, that is good.  Getting rid of the HMOs will reduce the cost of health care.  HMO CEOs with their big bonuses do nothing but increase costs.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Why hasn't she stroked out yet?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Good.

Those jobs need to be destroyed if they are predicated on unconstitutional mandates.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#16]
"Make work" for the sake of creating jobs is not an economically sound long term plan.

Employment is a problem that takes care of itself when you do the right things to promote economic growth.  Any politician that uses jobs as the primary motivator for a piece of legislation is blowing smoke up your ass.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Why anyone cares what that moonbat thinks is beyond me.  The only thing that elevates her drivel from the likes of McKinney, Jackson or that dumbass from Georgia who was worried about Guam tipping over is the she somehow manages to stay somewhat on topic.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck em.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Pelosi doesn't even believe her own bullshit.

Her only core belief is that it is great for Pelosi to screw the little people out of millions and millions of dollars for her own personal gain.

Those deranged comments that spew out of her mouth is her just making shit up that sounds good to the freak show that is her district.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#20]
destroying 300K government jobs and saving the tax payers trillions of dollars in just the first year.  I can live with that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck em.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've long thought your posts to be thoughtful, well written, and accurate.   This one is no exception.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#24]
it might destroy 300k jobs they created, but it might also create more jobs on the repeal alone.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#25]
We have to repeal it so that you can find out what jobs it will destroy
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Jobs don't matter. Efficient production matters. Obamacare is a massive misallocation of resources to inefficient uses. Allowing those resources to be allocated to the uses that people want the most (i.e., that produce the most profit) will allow a larger amount of desirable goods and services to be produced (while less-valued goods and services (i.e., government bullshit) will be produced less).

The result will be a net benefit to the US and to the world (and a loss to government functionaries and their shit-eating hangers on, which is always good).

Well stated and 100% correct.

I'll subscribe to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We have to repeal it so that you can find out what jobs it will destroy

Funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top