Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to always get people with mistaken addresses when I lived in an apartment.

Of course, YOU don't know that it is just a "mistake" when they are trying to get into your apartment.

One of many things that make apartment living interesting, I guess.

30Cal story time...
So I was a sophmore in college, really digging my town home. I had ole girl on the couch, in a celebratory fashion, hands tied and feet skyward.
I have a bad habit of stacking shit in front of my doors, even when I forget to lock them.
Long story short, There I am, 1911 in retention agan my chest, pointed at the 120 pound asian pizza guy who had the wrong place and tried the knob. I was trying to fit the dude through the crack in the door while the chick tried to get her pants on, sans hands.
It all had a happy ending.
I kept my finger along the frame. Got a free pizza. Dude came back for self defense advice. I did appologize alot. True shit.

Fail! No blading at 45,no massive adrenaline dump,no mind shouting disengage! disengege! This is not an Arfcom worthy story,please rewrite.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:05:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Call the 911 operator and ask permission if you can shoot.

Yes, this!

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Describing somebody turning a doorknob as "forcibly tr[ying] to open the door to my apartment" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Leaving out the part about covering the peephole.

That's still not forcibly opening a door.  You forcibly open a door by kicking it in, using a battering ram, prying it open with a crowbar, forcing the door-frame apart with a hydraulic jack, using explosives, and the like.  Turning the doorknob is how you normally open a door.  Covering the peephole isn't how you open a door, at all.  I could see calling it forcing the door open if the terminator wrenched the door from the frame with the doorknob, but that's not what happened.

Since you want to play the role of the obtuse douchebag, I'll join you, and note that force can be defined as a physical influence that tends to change the position of an object with mass, equal to the rate of change in momentum of the object. Gripping a doorknob and turning it requires force. Therefore, the person did in fact attempt to focribly open the door.

Somebody jiggled the wrong goddamned doorknob in an apartment complex.  That's not force by any reasonable measure.  The OP didn't foil a home invasion; that much is obvious.  Probably all he did was remind Jackass McKnobjiggle that she was at the wrong door.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:23:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Call the 911 operator and ask permission if you can shoot.

What you did there...I see it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She just wanted a threesome, dude.  You lose.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:20:29 AM EDT
[#7]

You probably scared her when you tried to make your voice low...I am guessing you sounded like Bill from Scilence of the lambs.

How many minutes did you stare out the peep hole for? Was your heart racing?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:31:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Door-o-truth...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:01:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Crazy ex you stopped texting?                

Did you recognize the girl? Does she live in Apt. building?  Maybe she had the wrong Apt. Or saw you around, got drunk and said "I'm going to tap that"  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:05:40 AM EDT
[#10]
nevermind...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Scariest movie I have ever watched.....F That whole thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My bad dude. I was one floor off from my apt.

i did this once at my old apt... my apt required some "jiggling" of the key so when i kept jiggling it it eventually turned the deadbolt... i guess it was worn and acted like a "bump key"  I was lucky as no one was home when i opened the door realizing i was in the wrong place.... i stopped down to see the girl who lived there later and told her about it so she could get her deadbolt replaced. (dear penthouse)

Anyway covering the peep hole is scary. Glad you are ok
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:15:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:17:47 AM EDT
[#14]
In the dorms we used to unscrew the peepholes if we were in a buddys room and put them in the door in reverse. Worked best on the chicks doors
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:24:36 AM EDT
[#15]

My bro was sitting on his couch once just watching tv.

His front door, which is basically right in front of him, opens and in walks the old lady that lives one building over but in the same unit.

She actually gets a few steps in before she looks up and sees a strange man in his underpants sitting on her couch.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Well played.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had people try to open the door to my apt. before because they're at the wrong door.

But covering the peephole is weird.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My bad dude. I was one floor off from my apt.

I shit you not, I did that once. Rode my bike home from a bar.  Took it up elevator instead of stairs like normal. Must have hit 3 instead of 2.

I was shaking that door. Putting my key in it. Then noticed the lock was upside down. I strted freaking out that someone had broke into my apartment, and had busted the lock.

I crouched down to look under the door for feet.

Then when I stood up, I saw rhe numbers. I got the hell out of there before I got shot.

Lol.

Shit, check this out; One time when I was way younger me and two of my buddies were out bar hopping until everything was closed. We were hungry and still wanted a few more beers, and my buddy tells us we're not far from the apartment of this chick he used to screw off and on, and that she's always down for some late night action.... He tells us he still has a key to her place, and we can sneak in and he'll wake her up, possibly we'll all get busy, at the least we can drink some of her alcohol and hang out for a while. So, we go for it, we sneak into this chick's apartment, and while my buddy goes to take a crap and then to wake her up, me and my other friend get some beer out of her fridge and start flipping through the channels on her TV....

My boy comes rushing out into the living room looking freaked out, he tells us we need to get the fuck out of there; he doesn't know WTF is going on but that it's not his old fuckbuddy sleeping in there.

He called her the next day and she told him she moved three weeks ago.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#19]
so you know the rules and yet you willfully disobey them???  Mods, we need a lock on the OP.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:56:08 AM EDT
[#20]
She was scouting for the real perps!  Should have mag dumped through the door.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top