Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:41:01 PM EDT
News link

BROWNSVILLE - A Brownsville middle school student is dead after he was shot by police in the hallway of Cummings Middle School on Wednesday. Investigators say the 15-year-old boy was armed and they were forced to open fire.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Play stupid games....

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe i heard on the news that the student was actually brandishing a pelletgun or airgun.  Either way.  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
A tragedy for all involved.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I was a sophomore in HS at age 15?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Sad.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Play stupid games....

15 year old 8th graders......
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was a sophomore in HS at age 15?

Me thinks he wernt no star student this kid
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:33:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:34:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:35:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Sad but good kill.
Stupid hurts...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:49:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Dupe.

AB
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#13]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1273092_Are_You_Kidding_Me_.html

I can see how there wouldn't be any keywords to search for in the title, and I'm not being sarcastic, OP.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Being stupid hurts sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:57:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Police Shoot, Kill Teenager Holding Pellet Gun in Texas Middle School

"Why was so much excess force used on a minor?" the boy's father, Jaime Gonzalez Sr., told The Associated Press outside the family's home Wednesday night. "Three shots. Why not one that would bring him down?"

His mother, Noralva Gonzalez, showed off a photo on her phone of a beaming Jaime in his drum major uniform standing with his band instructors. Then she flipped threw three close-up photos she took of bullet wounds in her son's body –– including one in the back of the head.

"What happened was an injustice," she said angrily. "I know that my son wasn't perfect, but he was a great kid."

Interim Police Chief Orlando Rodriguez said the teen was pointing the weapon at officers and "had plenty of opportunities to lower the gun and listen to the officers' orders, and he didn't want to."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/04/police-shoot-kill-armed-teenager-in-texas-school/?test=latestnews#ixzz1iaRIhjCr

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/04/police-shoot-kill-armed-teenager-in-texas-school/?test=latestnews#ixzz1iaRCmSBE

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/04/police-shoot-kill-armed-teenager-in-texas-school/?test=latestnews

The reporter and editor don't know the difference between threw and through? Really?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:07:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:17:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:28:59 AM EDT
[#19]
stupid games
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:31:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I can see how there wouldn't be any keywords to search for in the title, and I'm not being sarcastic, OP.

You missed this even earlier one

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1272850_Police_shoot_and_kill_armed_8th_grader_in_Texas.html
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I wish everyone who says "play stupid games" would get shot in the hallway too.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

you need help
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed this even earlier one

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1272850_Police_shoot_and_kill_armed_8th_grader_in_Texas.html

Nah. I just posted the link to the one I'm following! (Actually I did miss that one.)

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:45:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I remember being an invincible teen and where I grew up many of us had guns in our vehicles in the school parking lot (We did a lot of hunting)   However, it would have been stupid to bring anything resembling a gun into the school and continue your badassery with the cops.   I suppose we as whole knew  a little more about reality, responsibilities and consequence.  It's sad, but I feel more sorrow for the cops that had to shoot him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We wouldn't be waving a pellet gun and refusing to drop it when the police arrived. Almost forgot, play stupid games.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:50:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That one was started later than this one.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:51:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Sad...very sad. Suicide by Cop, maybe?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:52:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I remember being an invincible teen and where I grew up many of us had guns in our vehicles in the school parking lot (We did a lot of hunting)   However, it would have been stupid to bring anything resembling a gun into the school and continue your badassery with the cops.   I suppose we as whole knew  a little more about reality, responsibilities and consequence.  It's sad, but I feel more sorrow for the cops that had to shoot him.

In the '60s we brought our rifles in from our vehicles and put them in our lockers.

Our school even had a shooting team.

Oh, the horror.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Why was so much excess force used on a minor?" the boy's father, Jaime Gonzalez Sr., told The Associated Press outside the family's home Wednesday night

After Columbine, If you are brandishing a gun..or what even looks like a gun (bb gun) on school grounds, especially when students are there...the police will eliminate you without hesitation.

I also subscribe to the "play stupid games" statement.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the '60s we brought our rifles in from our vehicles and put them in our lockers.

My high school on Long Island, NY had a shooting team in the early '90s when I attended.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, the horror.

Wanna hear something amazing in NY:  Our local High School, has a shooting team........they even have an indoor range in the basement of the HS........and that range, when students aren't practicing has nights that are open to the public.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#32]
So few post for such a hot topic

This advice works most of the time.

Do what the cop tells you when they tell you and generally you will come home alive.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's a picture of the pellet gun. It sure doesn't look like any pellet gun I ever had as a kid.

ETA: A friend of mine was on a stake out a few years back and a 12 year old drew down on him with a very similar pellet gun. He burned the kid down and was justified by the OIS board of his PD. Regardless, a white cop shot a black kid who was holding a toy gun, and he was driven out of the PD.

He now makes twice his former PD salary doing training.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here's a picture of the pellet gun. It sure doesn't look like any pellet gun I ever had as a kid.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=36181

ETA: A friend of mine was on a stake out a few years back and a 12 year old drew down on him with a very similar pellet gun. He burned the kid down and was justified by the OIS board of his PD. Regardless, a white cop shot a black kid who was holding a toy gun, and he was driven out of the PD.

He now makes twice his former PD salary doing training.

If I were LEO and a kid was waving that at me, you bet your ass I would order him to drop it. If he pointed it in my direction, yes, I am going to shoot him. Sorry, you don't point ANY weapon at a officer and not get taken down in some way.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#35]
I was a junior in HS when Columbine happened and I would have shot him as well. Whether some choose to believe it or not, teens can be even more dangerous then adults. Between hormones and the "rage against authority" attitude many carrry, sympathy towards a "disturbed" teen can easily get someone killed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Another one for "Play stupid games"...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I worked at a juvenile detention facility for five years and he looks like a gangster wanna-be.  I'm also Latino and can say that the kid looks like one of those kids that gives law-abiding and acculturated Latinos a bad name.  Just sayin'.  But, yeah, it does suck that they kid chose to put himself in this predicament.  I mean, what was the kid thinking???
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Another one for "Play stupid games"...

Totally.  Kid walking through the halls with a gun should be a bullet magnet.  Tough situation, but it had to be done.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#39]
My money is on "suicide by cop."  It is a safe presumption that he would not choose a pellet gun if he had criminal intent, and his refusal to drop the so-called "weapon" demonstrates either extremely poor judgement or a death wish.  

Very very sad, and most certainly NOT something to be making fun about.  He was someone's son.  There, but for the grace of God...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top