Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2002 7:32:24 AM EDT
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4357015[/url]

Yeeeeah.  [b]Hemp Soda! Marijuana Spiritual Lift! L@@K![/b]  This gives me confidence if I'm going to deal with user [b]smittywee[/b].  I wonder if his kid got hold of the account; it isn't easy to get 820 feedback.....

Mike
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that I'd know as it's been a while, but I think it's '420' feedback.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
It's way too easy for people to scam your auction accounts and then turn around and "sell items" without your knowledge. Tech TV did a special just on eBay scammers that steal your account that has good feedback and then rip off a lot of people. Kids today also have the knowledge to hack the auctions systems and bump up their feedback so they look "reputable".

This could be one, or then again he could just be one really stupid moron. Hemp Soda... Whats next, Flinstones Chewable Morphine?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Definately another product that doesn't look good on a gun site.  This guy's auctions should not be running.  

HOW DID YOU FIND IT??!?! [;)]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
just remember, hanko, there's only one HANK... [;D]
View Quote

Hank, my nickname's been hanko since I was 5 years old (middle name is Henry).  

Actually, my male heeler is named 'Hank the Cow Dog'.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#6]
$12 for a can of soda? The guy also sells a lot of Glock stuff so I guess that makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I'd also like to know how you found it?!?!

[):)]

But theres nothing wrong with it, hemp stuff isn't illegal. Just because you don't agree with the product or intend to use it doesn't mean you should go around trying to get people to stop selling it.

I would never buy such a product, but I got a good chuckle out of it when I opened the link.

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I was thinkin what Quiksilver said. Its not like the guy is selling THC in a can. ITS HEMP. What if all the paper in the world was made with hemp. Would you stop using paper?

I am no granola but the stuff has its uses. And it could one day help cut down the amount of trees we waste.

Besides If it was REAL dope Id rather you be on it than a total drunk.

But thats another topic!

[50]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://pix.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2001-11-18/smittywee_1006322936_hemp_face.jpg[/img]

Well, I'm known for linking in the images.... why not this....

[img]http://pix.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2001-11-18/smittywee_1006322937_hemp_ingredients.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Definately another product that doesn't look good on a gun site.  This guy's auctions should not be running.  

HOW DID YOU FIND IT??!?! [;)]
View Quote

Get this-- it wss on the front page as a FEATURED AUCTION!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah I'd also like to know how you found it?!?!

[):)]

But theres nothing wrong with it, hemp stuff isn't illegal. Just because you don't agree with the product or intend to use it doesn't mean you should go around trying to get people to stop selling it.

I would never buy such a product, but I got a good chuckle out of it when I opened the link.

[:D]
View Quote

Actually, I'm libertarian.  I don't care that anyone has pot.  I just think that's more for eBay, not so much GunBroker.

And, it's a featured auction.  I found it because it was on the front page.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if you would fail a pee test after drinking such a soda?

Poppy seed bagels allegedly give positive results.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's way too easy for people to scam your auction accounts and then turn around and "sell items" without your knowledge. Tech TV did a special just on eBay scammers that steal your account that has good feedback and then rip off a lot of people. Kids today also have the knowledge to hack the auctions systems and bump up their feedback so they look "reputable".

This could be one, or then again he could just be one really stupid moron. Hemp Soda... Whats next, Flinstones Chewable Morphine?
View Quote

When was that Tech TV special, or do you have a link?  I couldn't find this at their site, and I'd reaaly like to read any archive they have on it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#14]
OK, get this.  Ingredients are listed in order of how much there is, right?

And the can says 1% juice. "Hemp essence" is listed fifth after Grapefruit juice concentrate.

So my guess is that nobody with a brain is thinking this will get them high.

But then, there's a lot of stupid people.

I think their consumers are going to be those drinking it as a political statement more than anything else.

And as a couple of people have already said, even what hemp extract IS contained, is not the kind that gets you loaded.

That said, this stuff should not be sold on a gun site.  It does detract form the image of responsible firearm ownership.  Guns and "dope", even phony dope, don't belong together.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#15]
The Tech TV thing was on an episode of their "Cybercrime" show  early in the year around January or February. Give me some time and I might be able to find some more info. If you are an eBay seller (as I was) and you got eBay's e-mail mailer every month, they even mentioned that "theft of accounts and their information" was a "pressing issue pending resolve". Several eBay members got all fired up when they found out their accounts got hijacked. Supposedly the way these punks do it is they get one part of your account info, like your log-in name which is available to any eBay surfer, then they hack your password, change the mailing daemons and addresses to their own and begin to rip people off. eBay only caught on to this scheme when hundreds of people started complaining about "well established" sellers suddenly ripping off people right and left.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
just remember, hanko, there's only one HANK... [;D]
View Quote

Hank, my nickname's been hanko since I was 5 years old (middle name is Henry).  

Actually, my male heeler is named 'Hank the Cow Dog'.

-hanko
View Quote

Not that I'm trying to bust your balls or anything, but in Japanese hanko means half-hard. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top