Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
BA, working on MA.
Under-worked, overpaid, .....baby sitter/H.S. Art teacher.
Maybe I got that backwards? Depends on who you ask.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
#4.

No College

Blue collar worker (railroad switchman, brakeman, conductor)

I have a pretty damn good job, like what I do, and earn what most would consider a comfortable living, but sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have gone to school and pursued a career wherein I would be able to take advantage of my unused potential. Then again, I'd probably just wind up feeling trapped at a desk and wondering what it be like to work outdoors and be free of pressure, deadlines, and office politics.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Currently a High School sophmore.

I want the go to the College of William & Mary and get a BA in Economics/History, then Yale or Harvard law school.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
BS in Plant Science and after working in retail for 13 years and absolutely HATING it I switched careers and have been happily employed as a golf course superintendent for the past five years and now go to work in shorts and a golf shirt and truly love what I do.  Even more unbelievable is the fact that totally by accident my career actually involves what I studied in college.(how the hell did that happen)  Truth be told they always told me to find a way to work at something you love and the money will take care of itself and I have to say its true.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
BA, MA, cultural anthropology
Ph.D. candidate, business and industrial anthropology.

looking forward to escaping academia soon, probably will end up doing consumer/market research.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no degree, but am primarily self-educated and OJT.  I prefer working blue collar vice white collar, as I don't do enough with my hands in a white collar job (and can't stand spending the day behind a desk.)  Even in managerial positions I have held (department manager and the like) I have been a "leader" rather than a "manager."  It is easier to lead people than to push them.

I do plan on going back to school someday, Yavapai County College in Prescott, AZ offers what is probably the BEST gunsmithing programme in the US and I will likely take that and a good machinists' programme as well.  I come from a long line of self-educated tradesman and generalists...

FFZ
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in a union and get paid a lot of money just to show up and do nothing all day long.  I have had college courses, and even was on track to be an Electrical Engineer.  BUt there is nothing like having the respect of seniority and knowing that the check will be there until the day I retire (at age 54)  Boo Hoo to those of you who don't like unions.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am in a union and get paid a lot of money just to show up and do nothing all day long.  I have had college courses, and even was on track to be an Electrical Engineer.  BUt there is nothing like having the respect of seniority and knowing that the check will be there until the day I retire (at age 54)  Boo Hoo to those of you who don't like unions.
View Quote

You have to be a troll.

[:K]

If by some small chance you are not, with that attitude you certainly aren't helping the cause of your fellow union members.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
B.A. Political Science Colorado State University. 1988.

Currently working for Sun Microstystems.

Edited to add that that would put me at a 1 though I've done just about every job from concrete and road work to construction to phone work to unix and damn near every thing in between...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#10]
If I told ya, I'd hafta kill ya...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#11]
-BS in chemistry from University of Vermont
-Worked as an engineer at IBM for a bit
-Currently a researcher at University of Washington working on my PhD in chemistry
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#12]
no college degree but i'm currently going to a 2 year school, work in a steel mill, it sucks but the moneys good
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#13]
btt

Because I know that there are more than 116 of you out there.

Or, maybe there aren't......
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Fourth grade/Dumpster diver
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#16]
BBA-Economics

MA- Counseling Psychology

After 17 years of working as a Family Therapist, both at Georgia state mental health centers, and in private practice, took 6 months off for a sabbatical-- and then found I couldn't get a job, cause I was over 50.  Six months turned into 14 months, and since I was totally broke I took a job as a security officer at just over minimum wage.  In the past 7 years have managed to work that up to an almost living wage at a federal agency, and am hoping for a promotion in the near future.

Ah well---onward and upward [:D]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#17]
i started a similar thread a few weeks ago and i have not got the results together yet, i was hoping for a few more responses

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=131982&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]
BS Animal Science
DVM
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#19]
MAsters in Biology, Stonybrook University.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top