Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2002 9:56:25 PM EDT
gunshops.  I'm going with the wife so I could probably just drag her in for a quick look see, but would just like a taste of the free world, if for just a moment.  Of course looking for a shop full of black rifles.  Don't know why I want to torture myself like this but just do.
Thanks [:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Just pray your there for a fairgrounds fun show*
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be in Phoenix the last week of September for the same reason.  [:)]

I'll have to watch this thread and see... I will probably have a few days to actually go and SEE some things.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out ASA (American Spirit Arms) and The Armory in Scottsdale. They're in the same plaza at the corner of 15001 N. Hayden Rd. and E. Raintree. Lots of AR-15s and Class 3 stuff.

coyote3
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Check out Mandall's (heeheeheehee)

j/k
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Check out ASA (American Spirit Arms) and The Armory in Scottsdale. They're in the same plaza at the corner of 15001 N. Hayden Rd. and E. Raintree. Lots of AR-15s and Class 3 stuff.

coyote3
View Quote

Should I go in and tell Bob what piece of crap rifles he has. [:)]  Thanks for the location, off to mapquest.

Macallan- What is Mandalls and why so funny?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Macallan- What is Mandalls and why so funny?
View Quote

Okay, maybe I was being unfair.

They're very well-known round these parts.

And they actually aren't too bad...
...if you want to buy a $800 rifle for $1,200.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Ratters the valley of the sun will welcome you and so will the 110+temps I recommend Lone wolf guns on Peoria and 59th ave. I also recommend a gun show if you can make it, I also think you should go to check out ASA and meet BOB
he isn't that bad) so you can see for your self the true quality of his guns and judge for yourself because you are one of the uninformed AR.comers that knows not of what he talks about.
ASA has a good product, period so why don't put your ignorance and bias aside and go see for yourself.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
So they are just like every gunshop in California. [:P]

"Luckily" I won't be buying, just looking so they can price them whatever the hell they want.  Just hoping to find a cool staff and some interesting weapons.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ratters the valley of the sun will welcome you and so will the 110+temps I recommend Lone wolf guns on Peoria and 59th ave. I also recommend a gun show if you can make it, I also think you should go to check out ASA and meet BOB
he isn't that bad) so you can see for your self the true quality of his guns and judge for yourself because you are one of the uninformed AR.comers that knows not of what he talks about.
ASA has a good product, period so why don't put your ignorance and bias aside and go see for yourself.
View Quote

Actually I've seen ASA rifles several times and they are quite good looking.  I started on this board during the days on the ASA board when several people were posting about their problems and the wonderful customer service given by Bob.  They actually had a pretty cool customer service guy on the board for a while till Bob ran him off.  My comment was more about the customer service than the quality of the guns.  Except for the problems misaligned gas ports, which they supposedly have fixed now, their fit and finish was first rate on the models I've handled.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#11]
... If headed towards Prescott you have to hit [/b]J&G Guns[b]

... a fun store like no other
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#12]
OK Ratters I apologize you have seen Bob's guns. I was at ASA last weekend and it seemed that BOB was more calm and more polite to me and the rest of the few customers that came in while I was there salivating at the rifles I want. It appeared to me that BOB is either on Prozac or has finally realized that word of mouth has hurt his sales, he also told me he was tired of doing business with state and city police departments because he wasn't getting paid from them fast enough, I wonder if this has to do with his new attitude.
I just recommend if you have the time to go down and check out his store and talk to the man yourself and see what all the fuss is about.
By the way Bob owns the whole damn complex where his shop is located.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So they are just like every gunshop in California. [:P]

"Luckily" I won't be buying, just looking so they can price them whatever the hell they want.  Just hoping to find a cool staff and some interesting weapons.
View Quote

Well,
If your just going to look I would definitely go to Mandall's...they are known as the "Museum" of all gunshops because they have everything there, but you wouldn't want to buy it there but rather just look at it and buy it somewhere else.  
Also, go to Dillon Precision. Ask if they could give you the tour of the facility. Cool toys in there![url]http://dillonprecision.com/[/url]

John

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
When will you be there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top