Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2011 4:02:39 AM EDT
Coffee drinking, etc. is catching up to the old pearly whites, do these things work? Am I better off with Professional Effects or two hour express?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Those things made my teeth so sensitive it was unreal. Never again. And they didn't do a damn thing to whiten.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Worked for me.

You can get them on Ebay cheaper than anywhere else if you look around.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Those things made my teeth so sensitive it was unreal. Never again. And they didn't do a damn thing to whiten.

Nearly everyone experiences sensitivity to whitening products.  You should discontinue bleaching until the sensitivity subsides and then resume.  Crest whitestips work pretty well actually.  Most folks will obtain the same results as they would with in office bleaching or bleaching trays and whitening gel.  It just takes a lot longer with the whitestrips.  I sell and recommend the Whitestrips professional, which you will have to get at a dental office, as they are 80% stronger than the ones you buy OTC.  If your teeth have grayish stains, those will not bleach very well.  Yellowish stains respond best.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same here but YMMV...tread lightly with that stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Sensodyne will fix sensitivity issues while you're using these. Give them a whirl, they work great.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just run some emory cloth over them, good as new.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Evening crew bump.  Anything else I should know?
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the whitening mouthwash, which is basically minty H2O2.  I don't drink coffee or a lot of cola, but I am a 3-4 times a week cigar smoker.  It works pretty well though it does take time.  My dentist says my teeth are much whiter than average and I didn't need the free whitening kit they give to patients when they get a cleaning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top