Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 8:18:58 AM EDT
Mad!

AP, Bangkok

A Thai man killed his wife after the two quarrelled over the TV remote control during a World Cup match, police said Saturday.
Chartkaew Yam-uarn, 18, was found lying in the pool of blood in their apartment where she was shot by her husband, who was arrested while trying to flee, said police Capt. Jittikul Kaewklangmuang.

Yai, a 20-year-old motorcycle taxi driver, confessed to the shooting but claimed it was an accident, Jittikul said.

The suspect said the fight started Thursday when his wife kept nagging him about his laziness since World Cup tournament began two week ago. She then snatched a remote control from him and switched to a soap opera in middle of the game between Mexico and Italy.

After failing to grab the gadget, Yai slapped her in the face. The fight died down after a visit to the police station.

But the following morning, Yai lost his temper and shot his wife when she started nagging him about previous night's incident, police said.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
On one hand, I think it's absurd to shoot someone over the remote because of a world cup game.  On the other hand, having seen how some women can nag, I can understand how a man can do it.  I didn't say it's right, just that I can see how a man could do it.

Either way, that's why I didn't marry someone who nags, and the day she starts is the day our marriage has problems.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember when I was about 10 some kid shot his friend because he wouldn't hand over the remote...some people just need to learn you can't always have your way, and there are better reasons to kill someone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
So...Whats your point?[kill]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#5]
damn women. when are they gonna learn? MEN COMMAND THE REMOTE!

btw i love women, soft, sensitive, good to look at, squeezable, hugable, ****able ;)
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
his wife kept nagging him about his laziness since World Cup tournament began two week ago. She then snatched a remote control from him and switched to a soap opera in middle of the game between Mexico and Italy.

View Quote

Not guilty-justified homicide.
View Quote

Agreed.  Case closed.

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
This story reminds me of an incident that occured in some Chicago suburb in the 80's.

It was a large Italian wedding, and during the cutting of the cake the bride smooshed some cake in the groom's face.  The groom, evidently not amused by the playful gesture, pulled out a handgun and shot her in the stomach.

I remember the bride survived the ordeal...but I am not sure if their marriage did...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Nag, nag nag... one of these days... one of these days... POW!  RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
his wife kept nagging him about his laziness since World Cup tournament began two week ago. She then snatched a remote control from him and switched to a soap opera in middle of the game between Mexico and Italy.

View Quote

Not guilty-justified homicide.
View Quote

As good a reason as any.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top