Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/17/2002 5:16:00 AM EDT
Look -

We've butted heads. We're quite sure where the other guy stands.

Nothing fourther is to be gained by exchanging correspondence.

How about you just ignore my posts, and make no references to me, and I'll just ignore your posts, andmake no refernces to you.

DEAL???

I'm serious.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#1]
i think it would be a neat twist if both of you were moderators.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
That, [b]garandman[/b], was the deal I offered long ago. Consider it done.

I call it the Rules of The Grade School Playground.

The teachers separate us, and there will be no more problems.[:D]

Eric The(AndStopMakingFacesAtMe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]
But, but..! _He_ started it!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn there goes my comedy fix!!!

I just love to watch religious wars......

Hey its a hobby!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Did I hear a sneaze from  ... [devil] ??
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:12:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:22:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Would this "negotiated peace" be like Camp David, or more akin to the Oslo accord?

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Its kind of ironic that two of the most intelligent people on this board can't have an intelligent calm discussion.  Its almost like matter and antimatter the way you two go at it!

How about we look at this board as a mini school and we keep God out of it!  How's that sound?

UNLESS someone can find that on the 8th day, God proclaimed, AND LET THERE BE GUNS!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:25:21 AM EDT
[#11]
How 'bout Rocky and Apollo? [stick]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Is it okay if I ignore you both if I do it equally?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#13]
It does seem kinda unrealistic...
For if one makes a comment on someone elses post then the other must remain silent?...or will this only apply to posts generated by the two?
Anyway good luck to the both of y'all...too bad it has to come to this...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How 'bout Rocky and Apollo? [stick]
View Quote

[img]http://www.awc.cc.az.us/rocky/rocky2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:37:50 AM EDT
[#15]
[img]http://www.awc.cc.az.us/rocky/bullwinkle7.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I think arguments over religion are to be expected and as long as the arguing is without nasty personal attacks they can be informative and entertaining. Don't stop on my account.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#18]
[beer]

Excellent!

Talk about Gunz or Womenz instead [:D]

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#19]
You guys are screwin with my World View.  It just isn't right...its....its.... its UNAMERICAN!

Garandman holds his own and so does the HUN, now what is the point of keeping silent...... Of course no one is gonna win, but it ain't ever over....  

THIS IS A BLOOD FUED, like the Hetfield's and McCoy's....  
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I give 'em 72 hours before they go at it again-anyone else wanna throw a $ 20 into the pool?
View Quote

Yeah, but what are the rules of dis-engagement.  Any posting in another's thread is grounds for payoff?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#21]
what i don't understand is why the focus isn't on the [b]subject matter[/b] in the first place?

whatever the topic?  so who cares if you disagree?  the reality is that you don't need to ignore each other to behave civilly towards each other.

IM oh-so-humbleO, i think it speaks of greater respect, consideration, and maturity to be able to continue the discussions than to have to agree to ignore each other.  with the latter, what you're saying is that basically, you can't respond without resorting to childish name-calling or something other stupid crap.  that you let anger and indignation get the better of you and control your posting.

frankly, i'm a bit disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#23]
So with HUN ignoring Garandman, I feel like I've lost a great ally against a common enemy...

No, Garandman, you are not the enemy, but with regard to certain issues, your ideology is.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Post from raf -
Not a good thing for grown, intelligent men to ignore each other. Where's the gain in that?
View Quote

Hmmm, it may prevent three threads in 24 hours about how someone gets their panties in a wad.

Eric The(Historical)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#25]
ARlady -

That's all been tried. And re-tried. To the point of being re-fried.

In my estimation, I post on topics, and attack ideas. Eric returns by posting charachterizations of me, and who I am.

He prolly feels the same, but in reverse.

For the greater good, it makes sense to simply "agree to disagree" and NOT pummel each other to death.

We can all still discuss ANY topic, but since I beleive what I beleive, as does he, and we've exchanged viewpoints ad nauseum, and NEITHER he nor I have budged an inch, we should NOT BOTHER trying to convince each other anymore.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Hmmm, it may prevent three threads in 24 hours about how someone gets their panties in a wad.

Eric The(Historical)Hun
View Quote

ARlady -

In my estimation, I post on topics, and attack ideas. Eric returns by posting charachterizations of me, and who I am.

He prolly feels the same, but in reverse.

For the greater good, it makes sense to simply "agree to disagree" and NOT pummel each other to death.

We can all still discuss ANY topic, but since I beleive what I beleive, as does he, and we've exchanged viewpoints ad nauseum, and NEITHER he nor I have budged an inch, we should NOT BOTHER trying to convince each other anymore.
View Quote

Just trying to maintain the quality and character of this board.... I am answering to a higher Authority....

Benjamin "The Instigator"

EDITED TO ADD:

THIS IS BIGGER THEN BOTH OF YOU.. SO GET BACK TO IT....
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I started a thread and was hoping both of you would vist it and leave a comment or two. I was sure, given the topic one if not both would try to answer my humble question.

I have wonder why with all the knowlege that is present on this forum a simple question from a ignorant layman such as myself would have such few reponses

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=124720[/url]=

I respect BOTH of yall and have enjoyed the tit for tat, so to speak. [beer]

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That, garandman, was the deal I offered long ago. Consider it done.
View Quote

Quoted:
Post from raf -
Not a good thing for grown, intelligent men to ignore each other. Where's the gain in that?
View Quote

View Quote

See what I mean?

Even as eric already agreed to teh deal to NOT post to each other, or make refernces to each other, he's STILL taking cheap shots.

ALl I want is to END it. Somebody explain to me HOW that can be done (agreeing verbatim with him is NOT an accpetable alternative)

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Uh-oh! Did I mention any names in my last post?

I didn't think I did, but you see where it got me!

I'm gonna go have lunch with [b]DonR and Mom'n'Em[/b].

Let me know how this turns out![:D]

Eric The(Hungry)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#30]
OK i'll be the first: "why can't we all just get along??"  I like to read posts from both of you guys and hope you can just agree to disagree...Hey even Brothers can drive each other crazy!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Post from uru_baddog -
I have wonder why with all the knowlege that is present on this forum a simple question from a ignorant layman such as myself would have such few reponses
View Quote

I saw your post, but I got too busy to answer it.

When I get back from lunch, I'll give it a look-see to give you my views on Little Chen.

Eric The(Concerned)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ARlady -

View Quote

so you're a quitter????????  it's been tried, sure.  but somebody isn't doing something right or it would be working.  

View Quote

respectfully, i disagree.  quite often i have been the target of your "disagreement".  it is true that there are times when you cleverly hide your personal attacks in sarcasm or rebuttals to the subject.

View Quote

sure, but why do you two need to agree to ignore each others' posts?  you and i have debated the evolution thing "ad nauseum" and aside from knowing i don't have the time sit down for a few hours as the debate progresses, i'll never stop correcting the errors in anti-evolutionary theory arguments.  

what's wrong with just presenting the facts and ignoring the IDENTITY of the person you're debating?

besides, i hardly see you as the type of personality that would NOT respond to something that you believe is fundamentally wrong.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

[>]:)]
View Quote

The deal was no posting to each other, no refernces ABOUT each other.

You gave your word.

I just want it over.

Can anyone tell me how I can even make such a simple deal with a wordsmith??? Weaseling his way around the deals he makes???

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
... why do you two need to agree to ignore each others' posts?  what's wrong with just presenting the facts and ignoring the IDENTITY of the person you're debating?

View Quote

Its illustrated in THIS thread.

I'm looking for a peaceful resolution to the situation, and Eric dredges up past threads I had made (BTW, I spoke PEROSNALLY with him on the phone a few weeks ago, and we BOTH agreed at that time it was a dead issue. But apparently Eric will now break his word AGAIN, as he throws those three threads in my face YET AGAIN) and takes a cheap shot about me "getting my panties all in a wad."

Ed Avila -

You WANT this type of antagonizer / instigator as a Mod????

SOMEBODY FRICKEN TELL ME HOW TO PUT AN END TO IT!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Post from ARLady -

You gave your word.
View Quote

Uh-oh, again. The deal was not posting to each other, no references TO each other.

Not 'about' each other, 'cause whenever someone posts about 'Israel Firsters', I could claim that's a veiled reference 'about' me.

When someone else posts about supporters of terrorism, someone could complain that that was a reference 'about' them.

Nope, it pretty much has to be 'to, not 'about.'

Just ask the teacher what she meant.

Eric The(Yes,Ma'am?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I got the popcorn, anyone bring a soda?

I love these guys.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Post from [garandman] -

You gave your word.
View Quote

Uh-oh, again. The deal was not posting to each other, no references TO each other.

Not 'about' each other, 'cause whenever someone posts about 'Israel Firsters', I could claim that's a veiled reference 'about' me.

un[>]:)]
View Quote

Thanks for so quickly illustrating your "weasel wordsmithing" I spoke of.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You gave your word.

I just want it over.

Can anyone tell me how I can even make such a simple deal with a wordsmith??? Weaseling his way around the deals he makes???

[rolleyes]

View Quote

why don't you try keeping your end of the deal?  even if ETH breaks the deal in your eyes, be the better man and keep your end.  it's just as bad to point out he's breaking it as it is for him to break it.

you make it sound like you won't uphold your part of the agreement unless he does?  what will that solve?  it takes two to tango. if you won't respond, he'll quit offering the bait.

is it really that hard to understand?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
SOMEBODY FRICKEN TELL ME HOW TO PUT AN END TO IT!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

ignore the individual. dont discuss, dont try to agree, dont negotiate. ignore.

the amish have a word for it. if someone offends them they "shun" him. they simply fail to acknowledge his existence.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Post from ARLady -

You gave your word.
View Quote

When someone else posts about supporters of terrorism, someone could complain that that was a reference 'about' them.

Nope, it pretty much has to be 'to, not 'about.'

Just ask the teacher what she meant.

Eric The(Yes,Ma'am?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

from both of your childish responses to this, i think you both need to go sit in the corner and take a time-out.  [rolleyes]

geez.  quit splitting hairs and just live up to the promise you made.  i've seen car salesmen with more integrity than you guys are showing right now.

quit worrying about the other person and focus on YOURSELF.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

why don't you try keeping your end of the deal?  even if ETH breaks the deal in your eyes, be the better man and keep your end.  it's just as bad to point out he's breaking it as it is for him to break it.

?
View Quote

I suppose during the Cold War, you favored the US to unilaterally disarm all nukes, and then just get pounded by Soviet nukes, under the theory that we were "morally superior" for keeping our end of the deal???

PLEASE. You can't be serious that pointing out a violation of a deal is [b]AS BAD AS [/b]actually breaking the deal. Talk about turning contract law on its head.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would hope you both could work out a more profitable solution.
View Quote

You mean, like selling their classic Israel and Bible debates in book form?

Sorry man, I just don't think it'll fly...

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How about you just ignore my posts, and make no references to me, and I'll just ignore your posts, andmake no refernces to you.

DEAL???

I'm serious.

View Quote

Uhmmm, isn't this a Catch-22?  If he sees this posts and agrees to the deal, but posts that he agrees to the terms, then by posting he has ipso facto broken his end of the agreement by not ignoring the post in the first place.

OUCH!  My brain hurts.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#45]
gman,

Since when does any member get to decide what another member can/should do?  Posting in a public forum opens you up to all comers, like it or not.  People just can't help but be themselves, including you.  This just looks like you're trying to silence the opposition, frankly.

If you're so offended by what ETH posts, ignore it.  While I don't agree with all the ETH says, I've always found him to post with humor, intelligence, and a basic respect for others.  Occasionally he jabs, at you mostly, and usually with good reason.  

For someone with such strong opinions about things, I find it ironic that you'd be offended by others doing the same thing.

(edited cuz...)
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That, garandman, was the deal I offered long ago. Consider it done.
View Quote

Quoted:
Post from raf -
View Quote

View Quote

See what I mean?

Even as eric already agreed to teh deal to NOT post to each other, or make refernces to each other, he's STILL taking cheap shots.

ALl I want is to END it. Somebody explain to me HOW that can be done (agreeing verbatim with him is NOT an accpetable alternative)

View Quote

YAAAAY!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

For someone with such strong opinions about things, I find it ironic that you'd be offended by others doing the same thing.

(edited cuz...)
View Quote

Then re-read this thread.

Cuz in this thread alone, while I'm  trying to "get along" ....

1. Eric can't help but charachterize me in an insulting fashion.

2. He violates his OWN word.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I didn't realize how bad you two were at each other, being I'm very new to AR15.com. We had a excellent theological discussion the other day and I received some good insight.  I feel both of you are striving to be good Christian men, so I must ask you to remember what Jesus said in Matthew 22:34-40.

The Greatest Commandment

34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[2] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[3] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Nice try guys, but I knew it would never last.  Not even past one thread.  But I like the exchanges between the differing ideologies... I can say I know a lot more now than I ever did about Israel thanks to you guys.

Maybe you's can tone down the personal attacks a bit, to make each other happy (but I enjoy the jabs too! [}:D] )
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You gave your word.

I just want it over.

[rolleyes]

View Quote

you make it sound like you won't uphold your part of the agreement unless he does?  what will that solve?  it takes two to tango. if you won't respond, he'll quit offering the bait.

is it really that hard to understand?
View Quote

Yeah G man.....it's like you pretend to be Isreal, and ETH will be the Palistinians!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top