BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For someone with such strong opinions about things, I find it ironic that you'd be offended by others doing the same thing.

(edited cuz...)
View Quote

Then re-read this thread.

Cuz in this thread alone, while I'm  trying to "get along" ....

1. Eric can't help but charachterize me in an insulting fashion.

2. He violates his OWN word.

View Quote

You started out all right, but then quickly resort to such phrases as:

"Even as eric already agreed to teh deal to NOT post to each other, or make refernces to each other, he's STILL taking [b]cheap shots[/b]."

"Can anyone tell me how I can even make such a simple deal with a [b]wordsmith[/b]??? [b]Weaseling[/b] his way around the deals he makes???"

"Ed Avila -

You WANT this type of [b]antagonizer / instigator[/b] as a Mod????"

"Thanks for so quickly illustrating your [b]"weasel wordsmithing"[/b] I spoke of."

(emphasis added)

All this because of this from ETH to raf?

"Hmmm, it may prevent three threads in 24 hours about how someone gets their panties in a wad."?

I'd say this thread has qualified as one... [;D]

Oh, and why not just ignore the guy?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

why don't you try keeping your end of the deal?  even if ETH breaks the deal in your eyes, be the better man and keep your end.  it's just as bad to point out he's breaking it as it is for him to break it.

?
View Quote

I suppose during the Cold War, you favored the US to unilaterally disarm all nukes, and then just get pounded by Soviet nukes, under the theory that we were "morally superior" for keeping our end of the deal???

PLEASE. You can't be serious that pointing out a violation of a deal is [b]AS BAD AS [/b]actually breaking the deal. Talk about turning contract law on its head.

[rolleyes]

View Quote

this is exactly what i'm talking about.  YOU can't stand to be shown what you are doing that breaks down the deal.  instead, you have to focus on how ETH is breaking his word or trump up some totally irrelevant analogy that makes no sense.

and yes, [b]any[/b] violation of a deal is bad.  you are not relieved of your obligation to keep your word just because the other party to the deal breaks his.  so your violation, even if in response to his violation, is [i]just as bad[/i].

you wanna start making things better?  try looking inward and focusin on what [b]you[/b] can do to help it instead of pointing the fingers in every other direction first.  that probably means swallowing your pride and ignoring things that you might otherwise respond to in a personal manner, but if you {i]realy[/i] want to make "peace", you have to make an effort too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Amazing.

So I start a thread to broker a deal, essentially doing what ya'll advocate, to simply ignore ETH.

He agrees to the deal.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER....

1. he violates the deal by a  negative charachterization of me in this thread,

2, Violates an earlier deal he and I had to let those old threads die, and consider it a closed matter (also done in this thread.)

AND I'M THE BAD GUY?????AND THEN YOU EXPECT ME TO JUST GO MERRILY ALONG, KEEPING THE DEAL, AND IGNORING ETH'S CHARACHTERIZATYIONS OF ME????

Proving the old axiomS-

The whistleblower ALWAYS gets blamed for the problem.  

And....

Never hit back. Always hit FIRST

Good to know there's some things in life you can depend on. [rolleyes]

The REALLY comical part is that the ONLY people I can go to for redress of these issues - Eric's having lunch with them right now. And I'm just some schmuck with a chip on my shoulder.

Yikes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are you serious?
You've got each others phone numbers. Pick the phone up and call him.
View Quote

Already did that once.

Eric broke the deal we had arrived at from that phone conversation in this thread.

I'm not stupid enuf to bother trying THAT again.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ARlady -

That's all been tried. And re-tried. To the point of being re-fried.

In my estimation, I post on topics, and attack ideas. Eric returns by posting charachterizations of me, and who I am.

He prolly feels the same, but in reverse.

For the greater good, it makes sense to simply "agree to disagree" and NOT pummel each other to death.

We can all still discuss ANY topic, but since I beleive what I beleive, as does he, and we've exchanged viewpoints ad nauseum, and NEITHER he nor I have budged an inch, we should NOT BOTHER trying to convince each other anymore.

View Quote

And Gman fires the first shot to break the truce!!

WOoo Hoooo...

Who won the pool??

Oh BTW its not Prolly!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Amazing.

So I start a thread to broker a deal, essentially doing what ya'll advocate, to simply ignore ETH.

He agrees to the deal.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER....

1. he violates the deal by a  negative charachterization of me in this thread,

2, Violates an earlier deal he and I had to let those old threads die, and consider it a closed matter (also done in this thread.)

AND I'M THE BAD GUY?????AND THEN YOU EXPECT ME TO JUST GO MERRILY ALONG, KEEPING THE DEAL, AND IGNORING ETH'S CHARACHTERIZATYIONS OF ME????

Yikes.
View Quote

See....You're Isreal!!  [:P]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well at least you guys will continue to save me from having to shell out for cable to entertain myself after work-this is better than Roadrunner cartoons (Damn I wish that Garandman would catch ETH just ONCE!-BEEP! BEEP!)
View Quote

Very funny.

I suppose the fact that Eric regualrly has lunch with AR15.com staff members and I'm just some schmuck makes that unlikely.

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#11]
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

--From Hamlet (III, ii, 239)

(with apologies to gman, who is clearly no lady... [;D])
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like ETH has taken this to heart and tuned out...  Yea Hunster!!

Reminds me of my kids when they were younger..  "Mom!!  He looked out my window"...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys don't get it...You need each other to exist. I look past the name calling and Generalizations of the personality. I see a discussion of a topic that causes War's in almost every part of the world.

You should not ignore each other. I do take both your discussions and have more to research and find out who MIGHT be wrong or right. So what you 2 will be doing is taking away from what others can learn.

Now if it's the name calling and the personality clash that needs to be worked on JUST DO IT. But to be 2 grown very smart Gentleman refusing to talk is not the way it should be. First of all Both of you...Your Bloodpressure will increase not being able to respond to each other....Not very healthy the way I see it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#14]
"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."
-Anon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This simply will not do.  You are removing a significant portion of my evening entertainment through this most reckless course of action.  I have 4 kids who occupy my television save about two prime time hours per week.  I can only take Nickelodeon, the cartoon network, and the Disney channel for so long.  I am contacting my attorney to find out if this outrage is actionable.
View Quote

Maybe you could see about making it a class action suit?[:)]
ETH and GMAN,
I have truly enjoyed reading your opinions and have learned alot from you two in the past year or so.
Your discussions(?) would be missed turibly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I suppose the fact that Eric regualrly has lunch with AR15.com staff members and I'm just some schmuck makes that unlikely.

View Quote

Uhhhmmmm, no.  How about the fact that you are in South Carolina, while ETH and DonR are both in DFW?  Doh!

From Garandman "AND THEN YOU EXPECT ME TO JUST GO MERRILY ALONG, KEEPING THE DEAL, AND IGNORING ETH'S CHARACHTERIZATYIONS OF ME????"

I could care less, but instead of thumping your Bible, try reading it... [rolleyes]

"But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles."

TheRedGoat

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#18]
How about I kick both of your asses?

Don't make me come down there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:

I suppose the fact that Eric regualrly has lunch with AR15.com staff members  [:D]

View Quote
[/b]

I wonder who paid?
View Quote

Good Question...

My guess is that they went Dutch.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#21]
This whole thread is completely childish...

It has been proven already that the two of them will have to "agree to disagree".  Damn! Just drop the subject and move on.  Everyone knows how these two feel about it and nothing is going to change...

I come here for information and debate.  Sometimes even heated debate.  Ignoring others and agreeing not to post in certain places in certain instances is silly.

Stick by your guns and don't get upset when someone else has a different point of view.

See you guys later...  all this dribble has made me nauseous!

Laters, USMC_LB
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#22]
LMAO on this thread.

The only thing comparable is AR Lady debating Mc[s]Dumbass[/s]Uzi at the BRC.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This whole thread is completely childish...

Laters, USMC_LB
View Quote

I know you are, but what am I?  ROFLMAO

I'm rubber, your glue, bounced off me and stuck on you!

TheRedGoat

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top