BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How many organized, African-American groups are there that call for whites to be rounded up and killed? How many organized, domestic originated anti-caucasian organizations are there in the US that advocate violence against white folks? How many bombings have they committed? How many banks have they robbed? How many murders have they been linked to? How many of these groups are legally classified (under 28 CFR Criminal Predicate standards) as criminal extremist groups?

The answer is two (or maybe a couple more if you count some prison gangs active on the outside) and none, none and none. The refusal of a local DA to prosecute for racially-motivated incidents has nothing to do with SPLC's stated mission. I am not saying that these folks aren't a problem as well, but the most active dangerous nuts are obviously going to get more attention than the ones who just talk a lot. I think that as the ties between Islamic terrorist groups and domestic organizations comes to light, we will see more focus on groups like NOI.

As far as you "B.S." alert," you are wrong. Here is what 2000's UCR stats say about hate crimes in the US (2000 being the last year with full stats available):
Total Hate Crimes reported: 8,144
By race:
Anti-Black: 2,904
Anti-White: 886
Anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native: 57
Anti-Asian Pacific Islander: 281
Anti-Multi-Racial Group: 240
By Religion:
Anti-Jewish 1,119
Anti Catholic: 56
Anti Protestant: 59
Anti-Islamic: 28
Anti-Other Religious Group: 173
Anti-Multi Religious Group: 44
Anti-Atheist/Agnostic: 4
By Ethnicity: National Origin:
Anti-Hispanic: 567
Anti-Other Ethnicity/National Origin
Anti Sexual orientation (including 22 anti-hetero sexual crimes): 1,330

So where did your stats come from? Mine came from [url]http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm[/url]

edited to fix the link
View Quote
Ah, but the majority of crimes committed against minorities other than African Americans ARE by African Americans.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The first sentence of the second para says, in effect, that more blacks than whites are convicted of hate crimes.
The rest of the post cites examples of how DAs are reluctant to charge blacks with hate crimes, which contradicts the first para.  Can't have it both ways.
View Quote
raf, you know I don't disagree with you often, but what he is saying is that in spite of DA's reluctance to charge African Americans with hate crimes, there are still more convicted of same.  In other words, the number would be even higher if DA's weren't such PC pussies.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In order for it to count as a hate crime it has to be charged as one. . .
View Quote

Not true. UCR stats are reported monthly to the FBI by PD and SO records units (in smaller agencies the Chief or Sheriff's secretary does this). The UCR stat for "hate crime" is generated, in most agencies by checking a box or otherwise indicating on the initial report that the offense was "bias-related." It has nothing to do with whether or not charges are ever filed.

Your community's Burglary rate has nothing to do with how many persons are actually charged with burglary, either. Since the nationwide clearance rate (where a suspect is identified and charged or the case is exceptionally cleared because the suspect is dead or otherwise can not be charged) for Burglaries is around 10%, your number of UCR-reported burglaries reflects burglaries reported to law enforcement, not suspects charged with Burglary.
View Quote
You are proving everyone else's point.  If that little box is not checked, it is not reported as a hate crime.  No one is talking about whether or not someone is charged with a crime in an event, but whether they are charged with a hate crime.  

That clown, whose name I cannot remember, a few years ago on a New York train went through a train shooting white people and left a note that he hated white people, yet was not charged with a hate crime.  He was charged with a crime, just not a hate crime.  This was a hate crime not charged as such, so it doesn't show up on your list.  What's not to understand about that?

We'll see how this plays out, but on Fox News this morning was a story about a black man who shot a white man on the street, followed him into a bar, shot him again, doused several white people with gasoline, threatened to burn them because he 'wanted to see white people burn'.  What do you want to bet that he is not charged with a hate crime.  So there will be another hate crime not reported to the FBI as such, so it won't be on your statistics list.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
NateZ, from today's news here's another one of those black on white things you say never happen...
View Quote

Never said that it couldn't or didn't. This guy is fairly obviously a lone nut case. What organized group was he a member of?
View Quote
Does he have to be a member of an organized group for it to be a hate crime?  Most hate crimes are committed by 'lone nut case' types.  What has being a member of an organized group have to do with this entire discussion?  Is that what you base your definition of a hate crime on?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Natez

Thanks for the advice on how to raise my son.  It means a lot to me.  I'll try to do better in the future.

Also, thanks for the psychoanalysis.  I was afraid I was getting a little too right wing.  Gosh, I thought I was just a average conservative who collect a few guns for fun.  I didn't know I was a closet Nazi. Your informed perspective sure cleared things up for me.  I'm in your debt.

I think your last post sheds substantial light on your motives.  I hope you enjoy your friends from Dees organization.  It sounds like a match made in liberal heaven.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top