Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2002 4:55:25 AM EDT
As you know, there is a great deal of controversy surrounding the use of the Yucca Mountain storage site in Nevada as a repository for nuclear waste.  On an unrelated note, I recently saw a news item about the construction of Clinton's presidential library.  Then the light bulb went off.

Presidential libraries are, in and of themselves, about as useful and meaningful as used toilet paper.  Why not use them as storage facilities for nuclear waste?  At least the public will reap some small practical advantage, rather than having the landscape littered with monuments to sophistic morons.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#1]
"The Presidential Pile of Waste which will bother us for Generations to come"? Sounds appropriate for Clinton :)

PS to avoid flame fest: I am pro-nuclear power.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
And here I thought you were going to suggest something really good like using one of Saddam's palaces .
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And here I thought you were going to suggest something really good like using one of Saddam's palaces .
View Quote

The problem with using Saddam's palaces is that, hopefully, they're not going to be around that long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top