Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:51:13 AM EDT
I'm down to 1 BCM Upper 14 1/2" Middy AR (with pinned brake) w/PSA lower, my old Marlin 70P (22lr), and a 9mm Sig pistol..

I sold in the last year and a half :

Saiga 545x39, Saiga 762x39, Saiga 308, DPMS Oracle Upper, DPMS LR-308 (last week), and now my PSA Carbine Upper with DPMS Lower (just sold yesterday)..

and I now have $3250 sitting here..  

& why you may ask..

I have 11 acres in W Texas with a dirt road and power thru it.. (just got the survey this summer)

and need $5500 for a small cabiin build project for it so I can escape NJ/PA.. I figure with my tax return I'll be GTG for the funds..

I need a retreat and owning 11 acres is    (and the local PD said I can start a range if I want) (NRA instructor certified since 2003)

Would you sell some of your firearms to raise funds for a BETTER project/dream??

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Same here

14.5 PSA M4 with an Aimpoint pro. I dont shoot often enough to need anymore ARs right now. Maybe after christmas il build another one for the fun of it.

eta- I have too many other projects right now to spend money on another AR. My car,and trying to find a cheap winter beater.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Funnily enough yesterday i just bought my 2nd.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#3]
What part of W, Texas.. I would be in for a few $$ if you gotta range to shoot on..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you saying an AR is the only gun you own? You don't have a daily carry?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#5]

535' wide by 9XX' long...

cabin would be across the road (where the blue truck is in the pic)

and the HIGH side would be the shooting RIDGE..

I got plans and website.. (just not physically there yet).. off US-90 FWIW..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]
good pistol, good pistol, i think you will be alright
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Modern guns are tools and can be replaced as needed. Priorities.
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are you saying an AR is the only gun you own? You don't have a daily carry?

I got the Sig 9mm for that..

the Marlin 70P (Papoose is from 1991 and is my 9yo sons 1st gun)  
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#9]
please delete screwy computer.
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#10]
see above delete please
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Watcha gonna do fer agua??
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.executiveprotectionservice.us/offgridtraining/index_files/image002.jpg

How do you get water out there?  Truck + cistern or well?

Damn, I though western Colorado looked dry.  That place is baron.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I figure my simple BCM AR (now with PA (m3 style) RDS not shown in pic) I should be ok out there..

I figure I am 41 now.. by the time I'm 43 I want to be OUT in TX.. (if not sooner)..

I don't want to be that guy stuck in one spot forever.. (like most guys my age I know)..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.executiveprotectionservice.us/offgridtraining/index_files/image002.jpg

got water quote for well at $29/foot drilled and capped (from locals).. they guessed 450 feet is water.. in the mean time.. tank and cistern working together... though rainfall is like NILL out there..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you get water out there? Truck + cistern or well?

Damn, I though western Colorado looked dry. That place is baron.

got water quote for well at $29/foot drilled and capped (from locals).. they guessed 450 feet is water.. in the mean time.. tank and cistern working together... though rainfall is like NILL out there..

So, the water rights were conveyed to you in your deed?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Beautiful.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Guns come and go. Land is greater than guns as long as you have a few firearms.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds good.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah , I'da done it too
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes I would , and actually did

I'm now LIVING on MY 11 acres in a converted camp . Property has a killer well , lot's of hardwoods , stone walls , apple trees , deer , moose and bear , great neighbors , and is backed up to about 4000 acres of dense woods , and a stream feeding a small pond .

Paid cash , no banks , no loans , no payments . . . . . just property taxes .

And I friggin LU-UH-UH-UV-IT !!!

Sounds beautiful. I'd like to lead a similar life someday. Unfortunately (well, not really) I just bought first house, near downtown Bangor. Gonna be in the city for a while.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm down to 1 BCM Upper 14 1/2" Middy AR (with pinned brake) w/PSA lower, my old Marlin 70P (22lr), and a 9mm Sig pistol..

I sold in the last year and a half :

Saiga 545x39, Saiga 762x39, Saiga 308, DPMS Oracle Upper, DPMS LR-308 (last week), and now my PSA Carbine Upper with DPMS Lower (just sold yesterday)..

and I now have $3250 sitting here..  

& why you may ask..

I have 11 acres in W Texas with a dirt road and power thru it.. (just got the survey this summer)

and need $5500 for a small cabiin build project for it so I can escape NJ/PA.. I figure with my tax return I'll be GTG for the funds..

I need a retreat and owning 11 acres is    (and the local PD said I can start a range if I want) (NRA instructor certified since 2003)

Would you sell some of your firearms to raise funds for a BETTER project/dream??

Raise your withholding so you can buy it sooner, dork.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Congrats!

Looks like you could probably sell your lawnmower for some extra cash before you move too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#23]
@ pcsutton..

FULL WARRANTY DEED  

no restrictions..  

I'd rather try to MAKE the American Dream (though I am American 100%) then die doing nothing to achieve it.. lifes to short for the BS games 90% of us endure for nuttin..  (I am also thinking about my boy having a PLACE that's already paid for down the road)..

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Raise your withholding so you can buy it sooner, dork.

great idea.. but the $100 for child support/week puts enough dampner on my crappy check..  

hmm.. $12.50/hour - taxes - $100 = NOT ALOT..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Approximately how far are you gonna be from Alpine???
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

@ pcsutton..

FULL WARRANTY DEED

no restrictions..

I'd rather try to MAKE the American Dream (though I am American 100%) then die doing nothing to achieve it.. lifes to short for the BS games 90% of us endure for nuttin.. (I am also thinking about my boy having a PLACE that's already paid for down the road)..

Did someone run the chain-of-title back to Patent to make sure there were no previous reservations? Abstract Company? Title insurance?

Just being da debil's advocate here.

You're gonna love Tejas!!

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#27]
yes I would.

Jut keep a good defense capability for everyone that lives with you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice plot of land. I only have one AR myself.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Approximately how far are you gonna be from Alpine???

Between Van Horn and Valentine..  (aka no where land) near Lobo..

@pcsutton again...

twas part of a MUCH larger parcel going back to the 80's.. no worries..

survey was also done 8 years prior for a RANCH.. thats all I am saying.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#30]
That makes all the sense in the world to me, provided the land is workable.  I'd make that trade. Best of luck with it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I sold a bunch of ammo and a high end camera to get a motorcycle.

Got rid of all my multiple AR's and AK's years ago,I just have one of each AR,47 and 74.It came to the point where I decided there was actually no point in having multiple AR's and multiple AK's.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a Mosin, a Savage Mk 2, and a 92F.

I's broke

HOWEVER I just got my FFL app in the mail today
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

HOWEVER I just got my FFL app in the mail today

thats my 2nd option for TX as well.. that and/or getting a security agency license (I've had been licensed in 5 states back in 2002-2007)

I have a current PA 'card' for 'normal' armed work.. I just am not using it..

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You arw aware that sinking a well is not a guarantee of actually hitting water right?. You pay per foot whether they hit or it's a dry hole. Have you checked oter habitable areas close by to see how deep their well is? While i am aware CO is not TX the drilling is the same. I know 2 folks first hand that had wells sunk, the first one ........well he went in deep for about $38K before he walked away from that dream parcel. #2 hit after 3 attempts, sure the land was cheap, the water cost more than a house, shop and power to have put in. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Holy fuckin middle of nowhere.  That's a hideout!

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Watcha gonna do fer agua??

Whatever happened to those Texarrakis idiots we had so much fun with?

I wonder if they left anything behind?  Beside organic fertilizer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#37]
One is none, man.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I like thats its like 7 miles off US-90.. VERY little (if any) cell service (which is ATT).. the power is via Rio Grande electric..

though I will more than likely do solar 1st..

I've been on this OFFGRID kick since 2002.. just bringing my DREAM to the front of my LIST..

don't want to say exactly where I am AT, as this is the internet.. (and I'm not there yet)..

I know how to build stuff.. I need to learn growing some food though.. though I am good at growing weeds in the yard..  
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#39]
What's 1 mean? Like 1 lower and 5 uppers or 1 upper and 2 lowers? I confuse. These things replicate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't have any more rifles. Sold all my uppers and now have 6 complete lowers and 2 stripped ones. That's okay though, my noveske upper will be on it's way this week and wednesday i'll hopefully be ordering my block II upper. i recently bought some land and will eventually build a shop and then a house, but i'm already in texas so...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's 1 mean? Like 1 lower and 5 uppers or 1 upper and 2 lowers? I confuse. These things replicate.

they were doing that for the last 3 months..

then I decided with my 26yo friend passing from heart issues on 8/1... that I need to MOVE IT..

my last AR I built in early Sept.. I named Shelly.. (BCM 14.5 Middy w/pinned brake and VERY snappy)..

decided to sell the others and keep my friend..  

if I decide AFTER I got my cabin up I want more.. I will start down the DARKSIDE path again next summer..
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they were doing that for the last 3 months..

then I decided with my 26yo friend passing from heart issues on 8/1... that I need to MOVE IT..

my last AR I built in early Sept.. I named Shelly.. (BCM 14.5 Middy w/pinned brake and VERY snappy)..

http://www.executiveprotectionservice.us/forums/BCM/RightSideBCM.jpg

decided to sell the others and keep my friend..  

if I decide AFTER I got my cabin up I want more.. I will start down the DARKSIDE path again next summer..

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. There are definitely more important things in life than hobbies/toys/investments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top