Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 11:34:21 PM EDT
My young female cousin is telling me I need to buy here a Browning hooded sweatshirt. Fuck that, I'm not buying her anything. Paying money to advertise for a clunky overpriced trendy bolt gun? Seriously? A Savage will outshoot that shit any day of the week, why are they popular?

I was poking around and can't find a decent alternative though! No ARFCOM, or Magpul, or...anything. Sad!

No pics. Jail bait, even for our high schoolers on here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a camo Under Armour hoodie.

I love this thing.

ETA: they have dozens of other colors and styles.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.cafepress.com/+sweatshirts-hoodies

They probably have something gun related.... I've seen t-shirts from here with gun stuff.

First One I Looked At

Better
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My young female cousin is telling me I need to buy here a Browning hooded sweatshirt. Fuck that, I'm not buying her anything. Paying money to advertise for a clunky      overpriced trendy     bolt gun? Seriously? A Savage will outshoot that shit any day of the week, why are they popular?

I was poking around and can't find a decent alternative though! No ARFCOM, or Magpul, or...anything. Sad!

Browning probably influenced every gun you have ever shot or wish to shoot in one way or another.  

John Moses Browning (January 21[1] or January 23,[2] 1855 – November 26, 1926), born in Ogden, Utah, was an American firearms designer who developed many varieties of military and civilian firearms, cartridges, and gun mechanisms, many of which are still in use around the world. He is arguably the most important figure in the development of modern automatic and semi-automatic firearms and is credited with 128 gun patents.[3] He made his first firearm at age 13 in his father's gun shop, and was awarded his first patent on October 7, 1879 at the age of 24.[1]

Browning influenced nearly all categories of firearms design. He invented or made significant improvements to single-shot rifles, lever-action rifles, and slide-action firearms. His most significant contributions were in the area of autoloading firearms. He developed the first autoloading pistols that were both reliable and compact by inventing the telescoping bolt, integrating the bolt and barrel shroud into what is known as the pistol slide. Browning's telescoping bolt design is now found on nearly every modern semi-automatic pistol, as well as several modern fully automatic weapons. He also developed the first gas-operated machine gun, the Colt-Browning Model 1895—a system that surpassed mechanical recoil operation to become the standard for most high-power self-loading firearm designs worldwide.

Browning's most successful designs include the M1911 pistol, the Browning .50 caliber machine gun, the Browning Hi-Power pistol, the Browning Automatic Rifle, and the Browning Auto-5 a ground-breaking semi-automatic shotgun. These arms are nearly identical today to those assembled by Browning in the 1920s, with only minor changes in detail and cosmetics. Even today, John Browning's guns are still some of the most copied guns in the world.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My young female cousin is telling me I need to buy here a Browning hooded sweatshirt. Fuck that, I'm not buying her anything. Paying money to advertise for a clunky      overpriced trendy     bolt gun? Seriously? A Savage will outshoot that shit any day of the week, why are they popular?

Browning probably influenced every gun you have ever shot or wish to shoot in one way or another.  

John Moses Browning (January 21[1] or January 23,[2] 1855 – November 26, 1926), born in Ogden, Utah, was an American firearms designer who developed many varieties of military and civilian firearms, cartridges, and gun mechanisms, many of which are still in use around the world. He is arguably the most important figure in the development of modern automatic and semi-automatic firearms and is credited with 128 gun patents.[3] He made his first firearm at age 13 in his father's gun shop, and was awarded his first patent on October 7, 1879 at the age of 24.[1]

Browning influenced nearly all categories of firearms design. He invented or made significant improvements to single-shot rifles, lever-action rifles, and slide-action firearms. His most significant contributions were in the area of autoloading firearms. He developed the first autoloading pistols that were both reliable and compact by inventing the telescoping bolt, integrating the bolt and barrel shroud into what is known as the pistol slide. Browning's telescoping bolt design is now found on nearly every modern semi-automatic pistol, as well as several modern fully automatic weapons. He also developed the first gas-operated machine gun, the Colt-Browning Model 1895—a system that surpassed mechanical recoil operation to become the standard for most high-power self-loading firearm designs worldwide.

Browning's most successful designs include the M1911 pistol, the Browning .50 caliber machine gun, the Browning Hi-Power pistol, the Browning Automatic Rifle, and the Browning Auto-5 a ground-breaking semi-automatic shotgun. These arms are nearly identical today to those assembled by Browning in the 1920s, with only minor changes in detail and cosmetics. Even today, John Browning's guns are still some of the most copied guns in the world.

John Moses Browning did not invent the current rifle being sold by the company with his name.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:47:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Here.

It's $30, just get her what she wants.

ETA: If she's a Tom Boy, get her the brown one.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Get her a "Dancing Sheep" one instead.

If she's legal, post pics. If she isn't, wait until she is, then post pics.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:08:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Is there a three wolf sweatshirt?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John Moses Browning did not invent the current rifle being sold by the company with his name.

in·flu·ence 
noun
1. the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
2. the action or process of producing effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of another or others: Her mother's influence made her stay.
3. a person or thing that exerts influence: He is an influence for the good.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:59:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Hoodies are some of the best clothing options available.  A good worn-in hoodie should be cherished.  The only ones I buy have something to do with something I'm involved in/with.  My current favorite is my fraternity hoodie I picked up from a chapter in Arizona.  If it weren't for the dress code at work I'd be wearing it right now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think that they're wearing the Browning stuff because of their love of Browning firearms.

But, but, but all of the cool kids have that deer head shaped sticker on the back of their pickup windows!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Go to Cafe Press and get one that says "My deadbeat dad/mom is broke, so my cousin bought me this sweatshirt."

Get the kid a plain ol Carhart sweatshirt and start it out right.

Also note, the kid may lie about this, but anything "Gun" related may not be allowed in public schools. So you might be getting a "part time" sweatshirt.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Here.

Word.

If someone asks for a Browning hoodie, that means they want a Browning hoodie, not a Carhartt, not Adidas, fucking Browning.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here.

Word.

If someone asks for a Browning hoodie, that means they want a Browning hoodie, not a Carhartt, not Adidas, fucking Browning.

Let's see, Carhartt, Oakley, and something else was on the list of possibilities. The US Standard Issue site had no Oakley stuff aside from long-sleeved shirts unfortunately. No, maybe I want a cool gun shirt and can't find one!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#19]

I wear one damn near every day. Great hoodies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top