User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So let's get this straight.

The guy did you a favor so you didn't spill half your meal on your lap and you want to protest and stage a sit-in complete with singing 'We Shall Overcome', right?

I'm not asian (unless you count my ancestors coming over the land bridge thousands of years ago) and eat well with chopsticks

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Only in the USA is practicality mistaken for discrimination.  Should I sue when the waitress at my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant brings me flour tortillas instead of corn?

You could ask the wait staff.  But no jackpot there.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy did you a favor so you didn't spill half your meal on your lap and you want to protest and stage a sit-in complete with singing 'We Shall Overcome', right?

I'm not asian (unless you count my ancestors coming over the land bridge thousands of years ago) and eat well with chopsticks

So at least the poor bastard tried to make it easier for you. Give him a fucking break.

It's like holding the door for the woman behind you and getting your ass chewed out because she is some kind of communist off-brand braided armpit feminazi.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
My Japanese g/f invited me to her home for dinner to meet the folks when we lived in Okinawa...
Picture a 6' tall red haired blued eye future son-in-law walking in the front gate for the first time.
Dinner went well, if a bit quiet.  But hey I'm not one for small talk when there is great home cooking around.

So after dinner Dad and the Gaijin have a few sake's.... and a few more...
Out of the blue dear Dad says "You Americans killed my Brother in WW2"
Without spitting out my sake' I just replied back "You Japanese killed my Uncle in WW2, we're even."
Another sake'.... and Dad replies "Even? but you're dating my daughter."

"True, but we did win."

The look on my g/f face was priceless.  But the look on her Mom was well a bit chilly.

Nothing's so cold as a mother-in-laws kiss.  And yes I did get invited back, quite a few times.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am disappoint.

Satire how does it work?

Quoted:
Only in the USA is practicality mistaken for discrimination.  Should I sue when the waitress at my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant brings me flour tortillas instead of corn?

Now I am really disappoint. Arfkoms smartest man
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am disappoint.

Satire how does it work?

Quoted:

Now I am really disappoint. Arfkoms smartest man

Likely just two of Arf's finest haven't had this experience and don't recognize it for the joke that it is.  I love Thai food, and have learned the second universal restaurant hand signal.  Just make a pinchy Pac man type gesture with your thumb and first finger, then they know you speaky chopstix.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top