Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 5:48:15 PM EDT
1. In-N-Out Burger - I had my first In-N-Out burger today. I don't see what all the fuss was about. Two hours later I had the worst indigestion I've ever had in my life.

2. Art - I went to the Meadows Art Museum at SMU today and strolled around. They have the largest collection of Spanish Art from the Medieval period until the Early 20th Century. They have huge altar pieces from medieval churches  and frescoes lifted right off the stone walls, dating back to the 10th century AD. Much of the art came from the period or the Reconquista. Standing there, looking at a 1,000 year old painting or a 600 year old altar piece so big it couldn't fit inside most large rooms, seeing the detail, care and skill of the hand that painted it, thinking about the history it has seen, the faith it inspired, the stories it told, the things it has survived and the immortality that the artist earned...it's awe inspiring. Walking into the next room and seeing a black canvas with a pillow stuffed under part of it and woodworker's glue dripping from tear on the canvas (where the pillow was stuffed in) was disappointing.

3. Herman Cain - I hear he's doing well in the polls. I'm glad to hear it. I don't have any serious issues with him, and I think he could beat Obama. I'd rather have Herman Cain than Romney, Christie or Newt.

4. Public Transportation - If you're going to fight to get a light rail stop in your parking lot, then you had better expect people to park in your parking lot so they can take the train downtown. If you cannot accept this simple logic and decide to start handing out parking stickers to authorized parkers, and $5 fines to unauthorized parkers, then make an announcement! Post a sign, stick up some fliers, send out an e-mail alert, anything other than just handing out citations. Fucking morons.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Head over to the Amon Carter and begin your love affair of Grant Wood's work.  Also worthy of note are sculptures of Henry Moore and Isamu Noguchi.  The best art classes are offered at local colleges.  They know all about the works presented in your area.

The Kimball is just as fantastic as the Amon Carter and is located within walking distance of A.C.  The Modern and the Science center are also across the parking lot.  Spoil yourself one weekend by taking it all in.

We have to go to The Kimball this semester for class. Apparently some big important Italian artists that no one's ever heard of is having an exhibit come there.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We have to go to The Kimball this semester for class. Apparently some big important Italian artists that no one's ever heard of is having an exhibit come there.

Literal-poop-on-a-canvas artists?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Head over to the Amon Carter and begin your love affair of Grant Wood's work.  Also worthy of note are sculptures of Henry Moore and Isamu Noguchi.  The best art classes are offered at local colleges.  They know all about the works presented in your area.

The Kimball is just as fantastic as the Amon Carter and is located within walking distance of A.C.  The Modern and the Science center are also across the parking lot.  Spoil yourself one weekend by taking it all in.

Nice pitch!  Don't forget that the Amon Carter houses a large collection of Remington and Russell sculptures and paintings, as well as some of the best traveling collections of photography in North America.  And even if you're not a big fan of modern art, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is awesome architecture - artisanal concrete and incredible acoustics.  Just walk through and you'll see what I mean.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top