Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2001 3:30:15 AM EDT
I am seriously considering getting one of these at the show tomorrow.  I have a Springfield.  Love it, works all the time every time.  I don't have a Glock, and wouldn’t mind trying one, I've looked at fondled and thought about  the kimbers for a while, but only know one guy who had one, so am not sure of the reliability.  Of course if I go with the Kimber or the Springy, I'll go with the .45, If I go with the Glock I'll get either the .357 sig/  10 mm, or 45, or 40?  Hell I don'g know what I'll get if I get the Glock.  Any way, give me some input. Thanks [pistol]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Glock 17 - it's a great gun.  Simple, dead nuts reliable, always goes bang when you pull the trigger.  I don't find it a bad looking gun.

I have a Kimber Custom Class 1911 .45 ACP in stainless steel.  It'a  gorgeous gun.  Just feels right in the hand.  Excellent quality, a real work of art.

Which is better?  Neither.  They both have their uses and purpose.

I'd avoid the .40 GLock, too many Kaboom stories w/reloaded ammo.

Which should you buy?  I say both!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you have a 1911 try a Glock
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:22:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SA 1911 and a Glock or two. My brother has a Kimber. They are all very nice pistolas. What do you want it for?
I`d go Glock if you already have a 1911.
I`d go with hthe 45 or 9mm
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
If you go with the Glock, give the M29 in 10mm a try since you already have a 45.  Friend of mine has the M29 and it's a great gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Glock 10mm
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd say go with the one you don't have yet the Glock. I think the caliber is a matter of preference.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]
KIMBER!  I'd love to have one, but they've got an ugly price tag, beautiful guns though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#8]
GLOCK  
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had 2 Kimbers and they were great shooting guns but I was never comfortable with their reliablity.  I now have a Glock 17 and it always works.  I've shot tatical style matches at a local range and do best with the Glock.  I just think that they are a ugly gun and it took me a long time just to try one.  As far as Glocks exploding I personally saw a .40 that blew up last week, but the gunsmith thinks that it is from hand loads.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Glock 19 and a Kimber Pro-CDP. Which one is better, of course the Kimber (it should be for what I paid for it). But it really depends on what you have in mind with your weapon.

I carry the Kimber 80% of the time when I feel that 8 rnds is "enough". i.e. go around the city, malling or any "formal or semi-formal" occasion.

The Glock scenario is something where the high-cap mag comes into play i.e. "mardi-gras atmosphere", "high-stakes games" where the chance of a riot breaking out is not remote.

I feel secure with either of these two guns. Both are reliable, light and looks intimidating to the would be bad-guy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Let me start off by saying I'm a little biased when it comes to handguns, 'specially guns used for defense and/or duty. I worked at a place as a gunsmith that was a Glock dealer. I personally have 4 different models. I have consistantly seen students in defensive pistol courses score higher with Glocks than any other, when shooting for accuracy AND time. Glocks aren't for everybody however.And for the range, there are many good pistols.But for defense, the field narrows greatly.  You can expect a Glock barrel to last 500,000 rds or more as the hardness of the barrel approaches that of a diamond.(According to Glock) The hexagonal rifling is designed for more accuracy and to let less gas escape from behind the bullet. I could tell you about the "torture tests" but that is available in Glock product leaflets. Some people don't like the safety features, but I think that's mainly due to lack of info. When I was selling for Glock, I would tell people to imagine a hammerless DAO revolver in a semi-auto config. with less trigger pull and less travel and built in safeties. That's basically the principle a Glock works on. Simple, reliable, durable, user friendly. I'm starting to sound like a salesman. There's more I could say about the "tupperware" gun. For instance it's dishwasher safe.(Have you heard that one?) Shoot it youself, it sells itself...or doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Dude, get the damn Glock 20, and spend the $$$ it takes to get a couple of pre-bans to go with it.

It's cartridge is so superior to any other auto-pistol round out there, there can be no comparison (the .45 Super and 9X24 Ultra's are pretty Bad-Ass though)

it's capacity is 15 large,

and it won't Jam. Ever, ever ever ever. I am looking to get another one. Best fighting pistol of all time.

The f**king end.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got the 20 and 15 rd mags but haven't seen ANY 15round clips in years, or at least a long time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#14]
people are either glock lovers or they are not...what i mean is, most love thier glocks, but not everybody....i`ve shot glocks alot, like em` but i am a 1911 fan...can`t give in to spending on a glock...does`nt matter what the "glock lovers" say to me....suggestion.. if you are not sure, try for a high cap, but at any rate start with a nine...cheap to shoot, and if you like it, you can always go from there. if not, you still have a good reliable pistol that you can enjoy shooting. i know about four out of about 25 glock owners/former owners who don`t like them. personally, i would definiyely (and still may) invest in the miniglock 10..that one makes sense to me.........[pistol].....p.s. kimber #1 1911 right now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top