Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2002 5:29:49 PM EDT

I had a good time at the BRC. I will be there next year, hopefully 70 pounds lighter, and with a more "sober" intention [:p]

Anyway, there is a dude here who deserves a serious thank you for all he did.
Of course, Grin and Anti, the Avilas, and the usual suspects have received the expected kudos.
But I really am afraid the work done by WillysWagon will go un-noticed.
This dude did anything he was asked. While we were all out shooting, he was doing grunt work. When the Florida boys were breaking camp, there was willyswagon picking up all the garbage after everyone else had left.
He truly is a FIRST CLASS ACT!, and I wish I could think of a way to thank him.

Dude- Next year, you drink with me.

Also, I would like to say thanks to all the wonderful people I met. It really was fun. I had a good time, and I will definitley go again. This event will become a major industry stalwart in the years to come, and I am happy I was able to participate in the first one.

This internet thing is weird. The person you meet is scarcely the one you imagined from "the boards". I'm sure I wasn't what most people expected, and it was odd to see how diferent everyone was.
Some people I expected to be cool as hell turned out to be jack-offs. Other people who I expected to be idiots were the most fun of all!
Other people were just as I expected, both asthetically and behaviorially.
But all in all, there wasn't one second where I didn't have a good time. Be it relaxing by the camp site, or drinking like a Boston factory worker once the beer hour arrived.

I had a good time.

Landon

)PS- Big thanks to G.P. for spotting me those Badger handguards. Your $$$ is in the mail [;)]

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
McU, heard you did some pretty hard work your own bad self !!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Landon,

It [b]SO[/b] hasn't been the same place with ya gone. Welcome back, Dude.

[beer]

Scott

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Goddman boy, you weren't kidding when you said that you put on 70 lbs. from wasting too much time on the internet. [shock]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
You all suck
View Quote

Thanks for noticing!

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome back [smoke]

Why is it the good writers always get in trouble?
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welcome back [smoke]
View Quote

Same here.  

BTW, let me claim 4 July in the pool.

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
If we "all suck," you eat bugs. [}:D]

You're an interesting cat McUzi.  Until next year..........
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
......McUZI......I pictured you much diffrently.........[;)]you wigger[;)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Good to see you back McUzi...
Try and stay out of trouble this time...[:D]
I totally relate to your surprise when meeting board members...
I've met several folks here in PA already...
It's funny how people are never what you imagine from reading their posts...

Maybe next year I'll make it out to the BRC...
I had too many things going on here at home to make this one...

ART
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess the most memorable thing will be you sitting around the camp fire the night you got there, squirting lighter fluid into the fire with one hand and trying to put the fire on the grass out with the other hand, all while trying not to spill your liquor. [:D]
View Quote

Now that's Talent.
Welcome back, McUzi.

Can I have early morning 5 July in the pool?[:D]

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]
McU, nothing like a title change to attract some posters !!

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope to see you and many others next year.  It was damn near torture not being able to go.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have to say it was an interesting experience meeting you, you definitely didn't fit the image I had of you. I guess the most memorable thing will be you sitting around the camp fire the night you got there, squirting lighter fluid into the fire with one hand and trying to put the fire on the grass out with the other hand, all while trying not to spill your liquor. [:D]
View Quote

Yup, definitely one of my most memorable 10 minutes of the weekend.  I wonder if he even remembers meeting us that night...

If I remember the conversation correctly:

*random conversation between the group*

McUZI - 'I keep getting banned'

*FMJunkie & VA-Gunnut looking at each other*

FMJunkie & VA-Gunnut, almost in unison - 'Huh?  Who are you?'

McUZI - 'I'M McUZI, MAN!!!'

*McUZI swatting away at the freshly cut grass burning right up to his legs while FMJunkie & VA-Gunnut shout 'NO SHIT?!?'*

That was, by far, the highlight of the Thursday night 'overnight' security shift!  I am proud to say that, we were the first ones to meet him!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top