Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 1:14:37 PM EDT
I take those frozen boneless and skinless chicken breast, bake them , and slice them up. Then I put them on a tortilla with raw spinach, and a little bit of lowfat sour cream. I was using whole wheat, but now I can't find them. Anyway, is this fairly good? Also, any other quick and easy meals that are healthy?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
oh god, that's horrible.

so much fat...

you should just stack some celery on some celery and wrap it in celery. that's a healthy meal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Add rice, cheese, salsa, and maybe some guac.

ETA: Maybe some beans too.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

oh god, that's horrible.

so much fat...

you should just stack some celery on some celery and wrap it in celery. that's a healthy meal.

then put it between a bun made of celery

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I use low carb tortillas, wal mart carries them they taste great.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Low fat sour cream?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why?  Carbs are energy.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I take those frozen boneless and skinless chicken breast, bake them , and slice them up. Then I put them on a tortilla with raw spinach, and a little bit of lowfat sour cream. I was using whole wheat, but now I can't find them. Anyway, is this fairly good? Also, any other quick and easy meals that are healthy?

Yes, that's actually very healthy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds pretty healthy to me.  Maybe add some salsa for a bit more flavor?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Carbs are energy.

I prefer eating low carb.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#10]
You seem to have a fat phobia.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Try some spinach wraps.

Hell yeah a wrap. I know what I'll be eatting tomorrow.
Been on a creative slump when it comes to food lately.

I never have much luck baking chicken, always ends up dry.
I now cook it on a pan with water. Semi boiling it but not completely covered.

Try that same thing with fish.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#12]
It would taste better if you deep fried it.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Carbs are energy.

Man, when I was doing races in the 12 to 24 hour range I don't think it even would have been possible "low-carb".  Even now with a reduced level of activity I still need them for energy and endurance.

I guess this is a good example for my belief that one diet does not fit all and everyones metabolism is different.  You have to eat what works for you and your activity choices/level.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#14]
"Healthy" needs to be redefined. I have had high cholesterol for years,

in November it was 241.... I am a little over weight and was doing the

atkins diet induction for 14 days last month. I was eating bacon and fatty steaks

for 14 days. On the 14th day I had blood work done. The results

came in and my Cholesterol had fallen to 181. It had been in the mid to

high 200's since 2004. My triglycerides fell as well.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Carbs are energy.

Man, when I was doing races in the 12 to 24 hour range I don't think it even would have been possible "low-carb".  Even now with a reduced level of activity I still need them for energy and endurance.

I guess this is a good example for my belief that one diet does not fit all and everyones metabolism is different.  You have to eat what works for you and your activity choices/level.

Yup, I'm comfortable with it. I still run ~ 5 miles a day, compete in Judo and roll almost every day without a problem.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Needs to be deep fried and wrapped in bacon!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Dude. Try Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. It tastes like tangy 4% sour cream and is actually good for you. It tastes 100% better. Just sayin.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Carbs are energy.

Not everyone process carbs the same way.  Carbs generally turn directly to sugar and cause insulin spikes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Carbs are energy.

Not everyone process carbs the same way.  Carbs generally turn directly to sugar and cause insulin spikes.

So are you agreeing with the second paragraph or what?

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
oh god, that's horrible.

so much fat...

And use a bit of celery salt to season it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Carbs are energy.

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Son of a bitch, really? I looked for them last time I was in there but couldn't find 'em.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Needs to be deep fried and wrapped in bacon!

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I started using nonfat greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Tastes pretty similar but more nutrients.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Carbs are energy.

Yes.

Oh...ok, sorry.

I thought you were kind of going against what I posted or telling me what was up.

Yeah...some people get insulin spikes.  When I was more active I was more likely to face glycogen depletion but that was due to the type/duration of activity.  I agree; everyone is different and had different dietary requirements.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Tortillas are just flour.....and lard. Might as well eat deep fried butter.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh god, that's horrible.

so much fat...

And use a bit of celery salt to season it.

Celery leaf for garnish?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top