Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2002 9:38:05 PM EDT
One of you Kalifornians must have a tree.  I need some lemons and they are crazy $$ up here.  Would pay, trade, whatever.  Limes and Avacados are good too.  For an idea Lemons are $.99 ea and avacado's are $2.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have access to a lemon tree.

Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that some sort of a/an offer/proposition?
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
sooooo often we kalif**kers get trash talk from fellow gun owners cuz of our political situation, NOW you want something from US???

when kalifornistan falls into the ocean SO GOES ALL OUR LEMONS, LIMES, ADVOCADOS

imagine how much they will be THEN!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that some sort of a/an offer/proposition?
View Quote

What are you going to use them for?
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Lemons are trash fruit down here. You can't even give them away. Give someone a bag of lemons, they will smile and say thank you, and throw them in the trash immediately after you leave.

My boss tried to give me 50 lbs. of lemons once, and I told him thanks, but no thanks, I have 4 boxes to give away myself.

Anyway, what would you do? Ship them? The shipping charges would not make it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What are you going to use them for?
View Quote

I guess a $1 isn't that bad when you look at the big picture. [>:/]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
what would you do? Ship them? The shipping charges would not make it worthwhile.
View Quote

Yea, my uncle used to ship them to me.  UPS or USPS isn't that bad, cheaper than $1 ea.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
sooooo often we kalif**kers get trash talk from fellow gun owners cuz of our political situation, NOW you want something from US???

when kalifornistan falls into the ocean SO GOES ALL OUR LEMONS, LIMES, ADVOCADOS

View Quote

Not to mention strawberries.

Worse yet, all you yuppies outside CA will have to switch to French wine! ha ha ha You'll be paying 4 times the cost for half the quality. We may be dead, but you'll be stuck drinking Mad Dog 20/20 with your steak. And that's worse than death!
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
what would you do? Ship them? The shipping charges would not make it worthwhile.
View Quote

Yea, my uncle used to ship them to me.  UPS or USPS isn't that bad, cheaper than $1 ea.
View Quote

Screw that. Rent a U-Haul, and immediately after you cross the border, start driving around neighboorhoods offering to pay $5 if they will let you pick their tree. You'll have the trailer filled in a couple of days and enough lemons to last a year. Of course, most will spoil. :)
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We may be dead, but you'll be stuck drinking Mad Dog 20/20 with your steak. And that's worse than death!
View Quote

Whats wring with 20/20? Lightning Creek ain't bad  [:p]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Screw that. Rent a U-Haul, and immediately after you cross the border, start driving around neighboorhoods offering to pay $5 if they will let you pick their tree. You'll have the trailer filled in a couple of days and enough lemons to last a year. Of course, most will spoil. :)
View Quote

Ahhh - just wanted to make a little lemonade.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Squeeze your [img]http://www.citrus-tree-care.com/images/lemon-tree.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
you'll be stuck drinking Mad Dog 20/20 with your steak. And that's worse than death!
View Quote

What's wrong with MD 20/20?
better than Ripple, Boones Farm, or Thunderbird
Borg
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#16]
[b]HEY![/b] Boone's Snow Creek Berry aint bad either!

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why we have Florida. [:D]

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank goodness for Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. Po' folks gotta drink too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahhh - just wanted to make a little lemonade.
View Quote

Shit, buy the frozen concentrate! I know, it's not as authentic.

I already picked mine, but I'll check around and see if some of the neighbors have any left. I still think the shipping will kill you since you're shipping mostly rinds and water.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Mattja - I actually drink it with salt instead of sugar.  ya ya I know.  I squeeze them then freeze the juice.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll send you a can of Lemon Scented Pledge at no charge.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll send you a can of Lemon Scented Pledge at no charge.
View Quote

[i]sigh[/i]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Mattja - I actually drink it with salt instead of sugar.  ya ya I know.  I squeeze them then freeze the juice.
View Quote

Interesting. Well, I guess if some of the lemons I get might have some rock salt stuck in them, it wouldn't be a problem for you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Interesting. Well, I guess if some of the lemons I get might have some rock salt stuck in them, it wouldn't be a problem for you.
View Quote

LOL, Imbroglio.

I have a tree too, I guess I could spare a some of them.

FLORIDA,
Nice but the crops are not quite as good!

Cali oranges are better, we have lemons, advacados, grapes/wine, pecans.... ad nauseum!

[i]trade half of them if we could just send you our politicians.[/i]

Link Posted: 6/3/2002 12:13:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Hmm... Do Israeli rednecks use Kosher rock salt in their shotguns? I always wondered about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top