Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Shenanigans:

It's best to avoid them altogether.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy hell, that second guy is a major twist... wtf?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Just fucking geeez, man...

Let the poor guy R.I.P.

Good job Aimless et al.  

The whole situation seems very smarmy and waaaay too much drama.

Anytime the ol' $$$ gets involved, it has potential to become very tacky and "icky".

R.I.P. brother.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]
This maybe inappropriate but how did he pass?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just fucking geeez, man...

Let the poor guy R.I.P.

Good job Aimless et al.  

The whole situation seems very smarmy and waaaay too much drama.

Anytime the ol' $$$ gets involved, it has potential to become very tacky and "icky".

R.I.P. brother.

Someone else figured this out and told me. I didn't do anything  

Well, you made the decision to post this, clearly a decision had to be made as to whether or not this would add to the drama, or put it to rest.

I think you and the crew made the right decision, that was my point.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Engaged?     No wonder Gordo was drinking so much.   Jesus.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If I ever die, I request that ARFCOM investigate!

Seriously, this site has some of the best investigators in the world with the shit they can dig up on anybody and everybody!

that's no lie, the hive mind never ceases to amaze me.

the breadth and caliber of folks on here is mind blowing at times.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#15]
WTF is going on here?

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If I ever die, I request that ARFCOM investigate!

Seriously, this site has some of the best investigators in the world with the shit they can dig up on anybody and everybody!

yea no shit

sucks to see this but good point - it's tough to make decisions without the full story....
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Man, that is shitty if true
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I know that the entire membership of GD has now suddenly remembered that they were BFF's with Fammy, but some of you might,maybe, recall that he was openly posting that he was living with his ex and her boyfriend in some weirdly amicable financially-cooperative fashion, and that it was off and on and off again.  You shouldn't be surprised to see what looks weird to mainstream people pop up now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I hate people sometimes.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#21]

I think this "wife" is an ex. I thought he had another gf. I had seen pics of her and talking to Gordon they had broke up recently "newer girl friend".

I wasn't best friends with Gordon so I dont know much about dirty laundy in his life, but this "wife" - "ex-wife" seems to have just come onto the scene since the accident. I hadnt heard of her before and thought Gordon was engaged to another gal who he recently split up with.

I could be totally off base here but that is my perception and all I know.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#22]
This should probably be linked to the other threads where money/donations are taking place if it hasn't already.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#23]
It speaks well of the forum that questionable people come here to solicit money, knowing that even without deep pockets people here want to help. Big hearts make for easy targets sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#25]
What the hell?  I completely missed this.  When did Fammyman pass?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#26]
http://www.myspace.com/fammyman
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I know that the entire membership of GD has now suddenly remembered that they were BFF's with Fammy, but some of you might,maybe, recall that he was openly posting that he was living with his ex and her boyfriend in some weirdly amicable financially-cooperative fashion, and that it was off and on and off again.  You shouldn't be surprised to see what looks weird to mainstream people pop up now.

There was so much WTF that I honestly don't know how any person could keep it straight.  Hell I'm not even sure the people involved could keep it straight themselves.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Thank you for the info.

It means a lot to be able to trust site staff when something like this happens and you guys go out of your way to report "just the facts".

It's very appreciated.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thank you for the info.

It means a lot to be able to trust site staff when something like this happens and you guys go out of your way to report "just the facts".

It's very appreciated.  

+1 on this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#31]
What I think would be really cool is if we could buy his boy the prosthetic arms he needs. This way the money cant be squandered by an opportunist. 100k would be a BIG fund raiser though.. Lots to think about. Could Arfcom raise that much cash?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This should probably be linked to the other threads where money/donations are taking place if it hasn't already.

Nothing of that type is happening.  Someone (listed in the OP) joined the site just to solicit donations, but it was quickly removed and NOT approved.  We have policies of this type for a reason (see the announcement thread above).  

Gotcha.

Thank you for the clarification.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was so much WTF that I honestly don't know how any person could keep it straight.  Hell I'm not even sure the people involved could keep it straight themselves.

Its really none of my business,but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't wondering what exactly happened to him.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What I think would be really cool is if we could buy his boy the prosthetic arms he needs. This way the money cant be squandered by an opportunist. 100k would be a BIG fund raiser though.. Lots to think about. Could Arfcom raise that much cash?

The newspaper story about that was from 2007.
He may already have prosthetic arms.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so. He has pics of his boy in his facebook and he isnt wearing any prosthesis.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#38]
After reviewing his (not fammyman's) FB page and her FB page, I believe I will just keep my wallet in my pocket.

There are many regrettable situations in this world. Sometimes, you just have to acknowledge that and move on.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so. He has pics of his boy in his facebook and he isnt wearing any prosthesis.

According to a Des Moines news from this spring the boy, who is now 14 outgrew, the old prosthesis and is now trying to get new ones.  The child receives either Medicaid or Medicare benefits so they should be covered.  The story explains that they raised only $9000 last time that the family used to cover expenses associated with travel and staying in Minnesota.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

After reviewing his (not fammyman's) FB page and her FB page, I believe I will just keep my wallet in my pocket.

There are many regrettable situations in this world. Sometimes, you just have to acknowledge that and move on.

Unfortunately Im going to have to agree here

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#41]
OP, I don't foresee anyone restraining themselves on this one.

The idea of keeping out of other people's business unless invited is completely foreign to a lot of people.  They simply don't grasp the idea at all.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Gordo was divorced from his wife and seeing a girl named Renee.
Gordo had a run in with the principle of the school over the way they
treated his daughter, and he got arrested for it.

It's a shame that he died, and it's a shame that his ex was trying to
to use that to further her own wants...
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#43]
If you'd told me 6 weeks ago that GD was going to get radically more weird and depressing, I'd have laughed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Apparently his facebook also says he's been incarcerated at least twice recently. Maybe someone else can find that I don't do facebook.

Just exactly how are you guys viewing his face book Page?

It shows it's blocked unless you become a friend when I open it.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you'd told me 6 weeks ago that GD was going to get radically more weird and depressing, I'd have laughed.

you really have no idea just how fucked up people really are around everywhere.

FIFY

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#49]
I wanted to donate and was more than willing but held off cause our "new member" stunk of troll.

Glad I waited.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Aimless, Thank you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top