Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I think would be really cool is if we could buy his boy the prosthetic arms he needs. This way the money cant be squandered by an opportunist. 100k would be a BIG fund raiser though.. Lots to think about. Could Arfcom raise that much cash?

The newspaper story about that was from 2007.

He may already have prosthetic arms.

I don't think so. He has pics of his boy in his facebook and he isnt wearing any prosthesis.

According to a Des Moines news from this spring the boy, who is now 14 outgrew, the old prosthesis and is now trying to get new ones.  The child receives either Medicaid or Medicare benefits so they should be covered.  The story explains that they raised only $9000 last time that the family used to cover expenses associated with travel and staying in Minnesota.  

once again the shriners would caover that 100% including travel and accommodation in most cases.

Agreed, I was actually a little more intrigued that the ex-wife was fundraising again.  Apparently, by parading the child outside of the Altoona, IA Walmart she earned $700 in one weekend.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Any leg work I can do in Des Moines to sort this out?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aimless, Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I ever die, I request that ARFCOM investigate!

Seriously, this site has some of the best investigators in the world with the shit they can dig up on anybody and everybody!

Yes, me too. Sadly, I've written down two names and filed them with my Atty. along with my Will. If something suspicious happens to me I already know who did it. Crazy X wife and or her crazy mother.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, this site has some of the best investigators in the world with the shit they can dig up on anybody and everybody!

Yes, me too. Sadly, I've written down two names and filed them with my Atty. along with my Will. If something suspicious happens to me I already know who did it. Crazy X wife and or her crazy mother.

My wife once told me she would kill me if I ever fooled around on her and explained how she would do it and how she would get away with it (sounded pretty plausible) I told her that if I died mysteriously I had a friend who was going to shoot Mister Mittens off the window sill the next morning. She was furious! Chicks, go figure.    

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, unfortunate business all around.  You gotta feel for people in some of these situations.

RIP Fammy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife once told me she would kill me if I ever fooled around on her and explained how she would do it and how she would get away with it (sounded pretty plausible) I told her that if I died mysteriously I had a friend who was going to shoot Mister Mittens off the window sill the next morning. She was furious! Chicks, go figure.    

LOL

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Aimless, Thank you.

+1 and the same to the rest of the staffers and mods.  You guys do a thankless job, but this really does show that it's a necessary one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you'd told me 6 weeks ago that GD was going to get radically more weird and depressing, I'd have laughed.

you really have no idea just how fucked up people really are around here.

But that's still a small minority compared to the number of truly wonderful folks.  

The site is free and fairly well known.  It is bound to attract scum and villains.  We all just have to be vigilant and excercise normal caution so as to not be taken advantage of––just like in life.

Oh, thanks to the member who ferreted out the info which sparked this thread.  
This.

Thanks to the unnamed investigator and thanks to the staff for getting on top of this before members could potentially fall victim.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the best thing I've read in a while.  I can just picture a hitman opening a large envelope containing a Polaroid of Mister Mittens and the address of the target.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mrs. Semgin used to tell me and others all the time that she would have killed me long ago, if she had someone to help her hide my body.  So i once gave her a list of everyone that would help me hide her body.  She got quiet real quick.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the best thing I've read in a while.  I can just picture a hitman opening a large envelope containing a Polaroid of Mister Mittens and the address of the target.

Damn...  The one I sent was of the wife HOLDING the cat.  Surely that idiot wouldn't...  Aww, hell, I gotta go take another picture.

I LIKE that cat!  
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#16]

bump for more views
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Poor guy can't get a break even in death.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This demonstrates, yet once again, why any request for donations must be approved by Staff.

AR15.com has a lot of people with big hearts as members.  But there are always a few people that are dishonest enough to take advantage of good people.

Sad but true.

But you're right, we do have some great people on this site...for the most part.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I have sent money twice, that I remember,  to ARFCOM people in trouble. And not regretted it.

I would have regretted sending money this time. But I don't think I was going to anyway. Drama was too much.

Thanks Aimless.

BTW, I didn't ever post or converse with Fammy

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#22]
What a clusterfuck...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow.. there was a monkey fucking a football, and now a soup sandwich has jumped in for the threesome.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you'd told me 6 weeks ago that GD was going to get radically more weird and depressing, I'd have laughed.

you really have no idea just how fucked up people really are around here.

QFT

Thanks for posting this info Aimless, it is sad that his ex and her fiance may be trying to exploit ARFCOM member's well known generosity.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any leg work I can do in Des Moines to sort this out?

Not the most well thought out phrasing.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You better hope that cat lives a long life too!
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#30]
So Fammyman's ex-wife and her "new" husband tried to scam Arfcom out of money?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You tell her she had better hold off until you hit 100,000 posts, after that she is free to take whatever actions she deems necessary...

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Saddened to hear about this
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#35]
OH SNAP
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#37]

714.9 Fraudulent practice in the first degree.

Fraudulent practice in the first degree is a fraudulent practice
where the amount of money or value of property involved exceeds ten
thousand dollars.

Fraudulent practice in the first degree is a class "C" felony.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Man on probation should probably go back to the pokey on this .

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I have missed a lot on this subject, other than to post in the original thread about him passing.

So, he passed, and some scumbags tried to use his name for a scam on this site?

Is that close to what happened?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow, what a piece of garbage.

I was going to send money to the address he listed, I am so fucking glad I did not.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I once had a girlfriend tell me that she would cut off a certain part of my anatomy and put in the freezer if she caught me fooling around.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently his facebook also says he's been incarcerated at least twice recently. Maybe someone else can find that I don't do facebook.

Just exactly how are you guys viewing his face book Page?
It shows it's blocked unless you become a friend when I open it.

I was gordons fb friend.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Con artist.

I guess it's good to rememeber, though, that fammyman is gone, and is NOT responsible for what his friends (?) are doing.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't even know familyman but what the good counselor is posting those friends of his are downright scoundrels
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So he is on probation?

It would be a shame if his Probation Officer found out about what he was attempting.

Well, I'd wager that every drop of info needed to alert his probation officer is in that picture. From what I can tell, he's still on probation until December, too, so a single email could probably teach this guy a painful lesson in not trying to scam arfcom.

(I think that email should be sent by staff, if sent at all, though......the fact that penguin is posting that picture here tells me that someone's gonna have a bad, bad visit with their probation officer tomorrow. )
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Good job Aimless...

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#50]
When he first posted and the offers to send money were flying I was thinking "Wow, you guys will throw money at this person without knowing a hell of a lot more about him?".  I didn't post it because I thought it would have been an asshole thing to say.  I even felt kind of bad just thinking it.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top