Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2002 6:07:27 PM EDT
If [i]Unintended Consequences [/i] were made in to a movie; who do you think should play the part of Henry Bowman?

Tom Selleck would be my first choice as an older Bowman. I can’t think of anyone who could play the younger Bowman.

Any thoughts about this?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno. It would definitely have to be an unknown actor since in order to get into the biz you have to play PC politics. I don't know of any young actors that are publicly pro-gun.

I am still waiting for "Patriots" to be made into a movie. James Wesley Rawles was contacted by some producers a couple years ago who were interested in making the flick.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I just started the book a few nights ago... and it's pretty freaking good so far, about 130 pages into it.  I'd love to see it made into a movie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Unitended Consequences? Is'nt that the second Turner Diary?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:45:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Acting wise, I'm not sure, but I picture James Morrison as what Henry Bowman would look like.

[img]http://www.queen6.com/Mac006.jpg[/img]
Hopefully this won't red X me.
View Quote

Great Episode by the way, if you were into the show.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:39:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you the second DaMan? [;D]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=107526[/url]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Younger: Ed Burns
Older: Tom Sizemore
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Considering that a faithful adaption of the book would end up in the adult video store, I think you guys are considering the wrong type of actors.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Considering that a faithful adaption of the book would end up in the adult video store, I think you guys are considering the wrong type of actors.
View Quote

I think it can be made true to the book with out being x rated. The two scenes with Cindy Caswell can be done with out showing genitalia.

Granted if it was made true to the book it would be about ten hours long, anything less would kill the plot line.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Ned Beatty
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think it can be made true to the book with out being x rated. The two scenes with Cindy Caswell can be done with out showing genitalia.
View Quote
Considering the detail that the book goes into, it has to be x-rated to stay true to the book.

Granted if it was made true to the book it would be about ten hours long, anything less would kill the plot line.
View Quote
You are right about this.  Very right.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm....HBO miniseries?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just started the book a few nights ago... and it's pretty freaking good so far, about 130 pages into it.  I'd love to see it made into a movie.
View Quote

If you are 130 pages in and think it is 'pretty firkin good', just wait, you have NO idea.

Hmmm....HBO miniseries?
View Quote

Now [i]that[/i] is a good idea!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

[:K]

I'll agree with the Tom Selleck choise.

I also agree that if it was kept true to the book, it would be X-rated.  Bowman witnessed eight (I think, it might have been more) rapes or attempted rapes  before he turned 18.z
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Bowmans father? Whats his face......007....Sean Connery! Henry Bowman.....Lethal Weapon...ummmmmm....you know......WTF is his name, played the patriot...MEL GIBSON!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I would want to see Alec Baldwin or Bill Clinton play Bowman in the ass-rape scene!!

Before and after that portion of the story, you can want any actor you like, but I'm afraid that book will not be put on film in a thousand years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top