Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 10:07:07 AM EDT
the members who have and have had family members and relatives who have served our country and all our forefathers and families who have sacrificed...THANK YOU! [BEER]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://album.gunsnet.net/data/rikwriter/full_135_p1388.jpg[/img]

There's my dad...served as the nosegunner on a B24 in WW2, was shot down, bailed out and was held in a POW camp for several months.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Grandfather A, Army WW1
Grandfather B, Army WW2 ETO
Uncles A1,A2,A3 WW2 2 ETO, 1 Pacific (was on Suribachi day they raised flag)
Uncles A4,A5 Army VietNam
Shitload of cousins Army, Navy, Airforce.
Myself, 10+ years Army.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
RikWriter...Just how old was your dad in this picture? It still amases me as to the youth of some of these guys. My dad was 21 and was in the Battle of the Bulge. Wish I knew how to post pic's got cigar box full of um. Bombed out cities to POW's.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
RikWriter...Just how old was your dad in this picture?
View Quote

Just 19.

It still amases me as to the youth of some of these guys. My dad was 21 and was in the Battle of the Bulge. Wish I knew how to post pic's got cigar box full of um. Bombed out cities to POW's.
View Quote

Take em to Kinkos or Staples or a place like that---also some photo places do it---and you can get them scanned and put on a disc.  Then you find a pic-hosting website and upload them to it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#9]
If I recall right, one Grandfather was in Company I, 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division. I was reading up on it at [url]http://oldhickoryonline.com[/url]. He never really liked to talk about what he saw/went through during WWII, except to say he really hated winter. After reading [url]http://oldhickoryonline.com/history/bulge.htm[/url], I can understand why...

My other Grandfather was Navy UDT/Frogman...he never saw action, but he trained the people who did. (He was an Instructor.) I don't have any more information about him [:(] No one knows, and he died when I was too little to know any better.

My father's in the NG, and my little brother's an officer on an attack submarine.

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Dad saw Europe the hard way think it was the 7th Armored Div. with General George Patton. His unit took the bridge at Remagen ,Germany. (Hope I got unit # correct as Dads gone now). Mom made valves for B-17's at what is now TRW. She had a brother in Army Air Corps Flew P-38's.. Was shot down & killed over Hamburg.But was an ACE !Other brother was on several subs that sank TONS of Jap shipping.Then there's Uncle Steve. Landed on the Canal D-Day + 10 and then did clean up there. Then he survived Iwo Jima. He fought his way up to support those Marines who raised the Flag on the summit. He DID see it raised the FIRST TIME. Oh yea, Grandpa served in France in WWI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top