Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 2:23:27 PM EDT
[url]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/CuttingEdge/cuttingedge020524.html[/url]

Ive been thinking about something along these lines for awhile now and rven sketched one out on paper once... my thought was to mount one of those R/C AR15s on top that ive seen here the ones mounted on the tripod and you can move the gun around and a camera would look through the scope. Ive never gotten over how to change mags though I guess it would be a good application for the beta C a person could sit in a small control room and do everything out of harms way I was thinking more long range though like 1 mile or more Ive always wanted to do that to an R/C truck but cant figure out how you would contol it the  radio just wouldnt reach. well what do you think>?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Ideas been played with years , has one really large achilles heel , the system is quite suspectable to braod-spectrum radio frequency jamming . To get around the problems requires a large amount of radio equipment using a radio frequency hopping setup . Maybe they've finally gotten it in a small enough package now .
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Better yet, put a belt fed upper on it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
^^^ for prime time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top