Page / 95
Posted: 5/11/2011 4:15:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
in

After rereading that, I am fucking in. So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason. Also to shoot 71 rounds, but Mr. Marine never fired a shot...? Me thinks the media is up playing a wee bit.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
In on 1
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:21:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Only 71 rounds? Sounds like someone was short on ammo. More details needed, smells fishy!

In!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:24:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
in  

After rereading that, I am fucking in. So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason.

Really?  Ever hear of the cops getting the address wrong?
Ever hear of a scumbag giving false intel  to get his/her ass out of trouble?

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#7]
And here we go..........
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:25:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Well at least they were able to find some money to steal in one of the raids.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:26:21 AM EDT
[#9]
1 lock. 3 bans, 5 time outs, and 1 pit thread

DAY 1
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

in  

After rereading that, I am fucking in. So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason.

3 search warrants off of bad intel? Don't think so. Judge isn't going to sign a search warrant because Pablo said "Ummm Jose down the street has marijuana." So yes, really.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:27:23 AM EDT
[#11]
In.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:30:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Something doesn't seem right from the report.

A bullet hit near the shield man, but the Marine never fired a shot.

A deputy's bullet struck the side of the doorway, causing chips of wood to fall on his shield. That prompted some members of the team to think the deputy had been shot, O'Connor said.

I think a deputy tried to engage when he saw the dude with the rifle, and shot the door frame.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:32:22 AM EDT
[#14]
In on ONe.

Five warnings, Two Bans, 1 pit thread..
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:33:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like the PD has a lot of explaining to do. Homeowner was trying to protect his property and family.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#16]
There was a second shooter!!! IN!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#17]
in
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Same shit, different day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:36:28 AM EDT
[#19]
gonna be a lot of drama until the details come out, then their will be lots of interpretations and a TON of drama.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Epic cluster fuck is epic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm sure this reporting has nothing to do with the Pima county sherrif's very open and very vocal statements about how f'd up the border is, and how fos obama and napolitano are, everytime he appears on fox news.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:37:19 AM EDT
[#22]
"Tucson is notorious for home invasions and we didn't want to look like that," said Lt. Michael O'Connor of the Pima County Sheriff's Department. "We went lights and sirens and we absolutely did not do a 'no-knock' warrant."

If this is true then Mr. Guerena is in the wrong. I really hope this was over something more than some weed, tho.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Not enough info to take a stand, but in anyway.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Not enough info yet. However it does provide a lesson to all the Tier 1 individuals who are gonna go all "Come and Take it."  with their Lil' Armalite when the entry team comes to their door.

Lesson: This is what happens when one guy takes on an entry team.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#25]
So the police kill another American citizen in their own home and then lie to try and justify why they fired...
wont release info..most likely do to it showing that they didnt even have a reason to be there and likely did a no knock.

SHOCKER
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:42:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"Tucson is notorious for home invasions and we didn't want to look like that," said Lt. Michael O'Connor of the Pima County Sheriff's Department. "We went lights and sirens and we absolutely did not do a 'no-knock' warrant."

If this is true then Mr. Guerena is in the wrong. I really hope this was over something more than some weed, tho.

yup

They said narcotics in the articles, so it could be cocaine, heroine, or prescription meds...
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:43:26 AM EDT
[#27]
OUT on 1
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
in  

After rereading that, I am fucking in. So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason. Also to shoot 71 rounds, but Mr. Marine never fired a shot...? Me thinks the media is up playing a wee bit.

71 shots fired? They only shot Obama bin laden twice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:48:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not enough info yet. However it does provide a lesson to all the Tier 1 individuals who are gonna go all "Come and Take it."  with their Lil' Armalite when the entry team comes to their door.

Very valid point.  

A little less condescending tone might get it across better.  Pretty sure you don't have the backing for that attitude.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

the article mentioned "narcotics conspiracy" so perhaps a no knock with the SWAT team was overkill?? no pun intended. The whole story (both sides) doesn't quite jive, would like to see both IAD report and independent report, after all is said and done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What are you talking about?

"Come and Take it" is associated with an all out gun ban and confiscation.

Just a little bit more than one guy that owns guns.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Just because he was a former Marine does not mean he is not a current shitbag. I just found out yesterday that a kid I served with was stabbed to death by his dealer in Berkley after he attempted to rob said dealer.  Lets all save our outrage and teeth gnashing until the facts come out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Same shit, different day.

this, in every respect.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

?

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
in  

Yeah, because their haven't been like, what, eleventy billion threads in GD about cops and SWAT teams at the wrong address.  Having said that, if SWAT makes entry into your house and you greet them with an AR, well, you're gonna die.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

in

That is powerfully stupid stuff right there. The fact that SWAT was there means the Marine was guilty? Are you for fucking real?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:01:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
in  

Perhaps you should read all the other threads about SWAT raiding the wrong house, shooting dogs, etc.  It happens.  It may not have happened here, but it does happen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:02:06 AM EDT
[#40]
You break the law, you should get the hammer, no matter what side of the law you're suppose to be on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
in  

Perhaps you should read all the other threads about SWAT raiding the wrong house, shooting dogs, etc.  It happens.  It may not have happened here, but it does happen.

A lot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:03:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
in  

We've been consistently assured the intel is foolproof and vetted.

So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason

Google tautology.  Then, report back in the thread and delete this argument.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You break the law, you should get the hammer, no matter what side of the law you're suppose to be on.

That's a pretty safe stance.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just because he was a former Marine does not mean he is not a current shitbag. I just found out yesterday that a kid I served with was stabbed to death by his dealer in Berkley after he attempted to rob said dealer.  Lets all save our outrage and teeth gnashing until the facts come out.

This. A dick bag that worked for me 8 years ago was shot to death in an attempted bank robbery in either Va or Md a few years back.

This guy may have been defending his family or he may have been dirty. I'll wait and reserve judgements for now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#45]
71 rounds. Depending on the stack size that's around 10-15 rounds per person. Everyone went home safe yes?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:07:26 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

in  

We've been consistently assured the intel is foolproof and vetted.

So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason

Google tautology.  Then, report back in the thread and delete this argument.

using different words to say the same thing even if the repetition does not provide clarity. Tautology also means a series of self-reinforcing statements that cannot be disproved because the statements depend on the assumption that they are already correct.

Sir, now what would you like me to do for you?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:08:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

or it can go like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_shootings_of_Oakland_police_officers
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Something doesn't seem right from the report.

A bullet hit near the shield man, but the Marine never fired a shot.

There was an incident in Las Vegas in the mid 90s where a crazy man stopped his car on I-15 and barricaded inside it with weapons.  Eventually SWAT made the assault....  two cops wounded in the firefight.

Later it came out that the shooter had suicided long before the assault and all the casualties were blue on blue.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Sounds to me like they knew that he served two tours and was determined to eliminate him.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:09:45 AM EDT
[#50]
In on 1
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 95
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top