Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 95
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
in  

After rereading that, I am fucking in. So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason. Also to shoot 71 rounds, but Mr. Marine never fired a shot...? Me thinks the media is up playing a wee bit.

Probably wasn't a round in the chamber of the ar, swat got the drop.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Only 71 rounds? Sounds like someone was short on ammo. More details needed, smells fishy!

In!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Were there no dogs present?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm sure this reporting has nothing to do with the Pima county sherrif's very open and very vocal statements about how f'd up the border is, and how fos obama and napolitano are, everytime he appears on fox news.

The PIMA county Sheriff is a giant Democrat knob-gobbler named Dupnick.  You may have seen him trying to make political hay out of the Giffords shooting.

The border warrior Sheriff is in PINAL county.

The retard sherrif is in MARICOPA county.

We used to have a militia sheriff in GREENLEE county but he's gone.

We only have 14 counties, but our sheriffs love to be on TV.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
in  

After rereading that, I am fucking in. So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason.

Really?  Ever hear of the cops getting the address wrong?
Ever hear of a scumbag giving false intel  to get his/her ass out of trouble?

You've served a lot of high risk search warrants I take it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sounds to me like they knew that he served two tours and was determined to eliminate him.

Because LE routinely forms hit squads to take out vets that served honorably?

out of

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:15:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You break the law, you should get the hammer, no matter what side of the law you're suppose to be on.

I wondered how long it would take
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Tucson is notorious for home invasions and we didn't want to look like that," said Lt. Michael O'Connor of the Pima County Sheriff's Department. "We went lights and sirens and we absolutely did not do a 'no-knock' warrant."

If this is true then Mr. Guerena is in the wrong. I really hope this was over something more than some weed, tho.

yup

They said narcotics in the articles, so it could be cocaine, heroine, or prescription meds...

Yeah because killing someone because of their vices is legitimate. Fuck this stupid ass war on drugs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:18:15 AM EDT
[#8]
<edited> , if the cops show up at the WRONG HOUSE with LIGHTS and SIRENS, the the people at the wrong house should not resist the armed uniformed SWAT team. It's so much easier to sit back and collect a paycheck than to end up dead.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Nostradamus predicted this in quatrain 88.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Tucson is notorious for home invasions and we didn't want to look like that," said Lt. Michael O'Connor of the Pima County Sheriff's Department. "We went lights and sirens and we absolutely did not do a 'no-knock' warrant."

If this is true then Mr. Guerena is in the wrong. I really hope this was over something more than some weed, tho.

yup

They said narcotics in the articles, so it could be cocaine, heroine, or prescription meds...

Yeah because killing someone because of their vices is legitimate. Fuck this stupid ass war on drugs.

Agreed. But if what the cops say is true, that guy shouldn't have tried to shoot it out with the police unless what he had would send him to jail for life.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup

They killed him because he was armed and did something to make them fear for their lives. They didn't kill him because he had an eightball in his freezer.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:20:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because he was a former Marine does not mean he is not a current shitbag. I just found out yesterday that a kid I served with was stabbed to death by his dealer in Berkley after he attempted to rob said dealer.  Lets all save our outrage and teeth gnashing until the facts come out.

This. A dick bag that worked for me 8 years ago was shot to death in an attempted bank robbery in either Va or Md a few years back.

This guy may have been defending his family or he may have been dirty. I'll wait and reserve judgements for now.

This.  Thirded.

I know a Navy SEAL (yes, authenticated) who is doing time for running a meth lab while on active duty.  

ETA: It's easy to forget that a decent number of enlistees do so because they've already been in trouble with the law... "Join the military or go to jail."  

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:22:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd like to point out, even the family does not claim "wrong house" or "no knock".  So those arguments are moot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
in  

After rereading that, I am fucking in. So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason. Also to shoot 71 rounds, but Mr. Marine never fired a shot...? Me thinks the media is up playing a wee bit.

i dont know the story, but i could probably find you 100 stories where a swat team,  kicked in the wrong door, and shot a dog etc.. this guy might have done something, but as much asshattery has been going on with sloppy search warrents, and using swat for dumbass reasons, id not be surprised if they were looking for his neighbor, or a previous resident.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:25:25 AM EDT
[#15]

I would have done the same thing if my wife kicked me awake after shift work saying there was someone outside the window. I have serious doubts they were running lights and sirens to execute a search warrant particularly on multiple houses where drugs are believe to be located.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'd like to point out, even the family does not claim "wrong house" or "no knock".  So those arguments are moot.

According to the wife, the team didn't announce SWAT until after the shooting.  Any department worth a damn knows to use POLICE as verbal announcement because it is more widely understood than Federal Agent, Sheriff, etc.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Just because he was a former Marine does not mean he is not a current shitbag. I just found out yesterday that a kid I served with was stabbed to death by his dealer in Berkley after he attempted to rob said dealer.  Lets all save our outrage and teeth gnashing until the facts come out.

This. A dick bag that worked for me 8 years ago was shot to death in an attempted bank robbery in either Va or Md a few years back.

This guy may have been defending his family or he may have been dirty. I'll wait and reserve judgements for now.

This.  Thirded.  

I know a Navy SEAL (yes, authenticated) who is doing time for running a meth lab while on active duty.  

ETA: It's easy to forget that a decent number of enlistees do so because they've already been in trouble with the law... "Join the military or go to jail."  

No, they don't.  Thats been ILLEGAL for 50 fucking years.  Don't believe dumb-ass sea stories, they are usually bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Another professional warrior bested by civilians. What a world.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:28:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You might want to actually read one of the articles

Vanessa Guerena says she heard noise outside their home about 9 a.m. Thursday and woke her husband who had just gone to bed after working a 12-hour shift at the Asarco Mine, she said. There were no sirens or shouts of "police," she said.

Guerena told his wife and son to hide inside a closet and he grabbed the AR-15 rifle, his wife said.

The department says SWAT members were clear when identifying themselves while entering the home.

When five SWAT members broke through the front door Guerena was crouched down pointing the gun at them, said O'Connor.

"The suspect said, 'I've got something for you,' when he saw them," O'Connor said. Guerena's wife denied he said that.

Deputies began shooting.

A deputy's bullet struck the side of the doorway, causing chips of wood to fall on his shield. That prompted some members of the team to think the deputy had been shot, O'Connor said.

The Sheriff's Department put in a call to Drexel Heights fire at 9:43 a.m. requesting assistance with a shooting. But crews were told to hold off.

Guerena was dead by the time they were allowed in the house, fire officials said.

Vanessa Guerena vividly remembers seeing her wounded husband.

"When I came out the officers dragged me through the kitchen and took me outside, and that's when I saw him laying there gasping for air," Vanessa Guerena said. "I kept begging the officers to call an ambulance that maybe he could make it and that my baby was still inside."

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because he was a former Marine does not mean he is not a current shitbag. I just found out yesterday that a kid I served with was stabbed to death by his dealer in Berkley after he attempted to rob said dealer. Lets all save our outrage and teeth gnashing until the facts come out.

This. Thirded.

No, they don't. Thats been ILLEGAL for 50 fucking years. Don't believe dumb-ass sea stories, they are usually bullshit.

Perhaps I should have rephrased that... or said I am speaking from people I met when I was on AD.

There are people in the military who have been in trouble with the law and have had to make a choice of continue down the same road they were on i.e. almost certain jail time or make a drastic change such as join the military.

Not a sea story.

First person account.

Point being that all service members are not upstanding citizens simply because they have put on a uniform.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  Thirded.  

No, they don't.  Thats been ILLEGAL for 50 fucking years.  Don't believe dumb-ass sea stories, they are usually bullshit.

Here in Missouri, I have personally seen 25+ people say that they were going into the Military, and the Judge will reduce charges/make them go away, as long as "asshat" proves he/she enlisted. So this is a form of "Join the Military, or go to jail."

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might want to actually read one of the articles

Vanessa Guerena says she heard noise outside their home about 9 a.m. Thursday and woke her husband who had just gone to bed after working a 12-hour shift at the Asarco Mine, she said. There were no sirens or shouts of "police," she said.

Guerena told his wife and son to hide inside a closet and he grabbed the AR-15 rifle, his wife said.

The department says SWAT members were clear when identifying themselves while entering the home.

When five SWAT members broke through the front door Guerena was crouched down pointing the gun at them, said O'Connor.

"The suspect said, 'I've got something for you,' when he saw them," O'Connor said. Guerena's wife denied he said that.

Deputies began shooting.

A deputy's bullet struck the side of the doorway, causing chips of wood to fall on his shield. That prompted some members of the team to think the deputy had been shot, O'Connor said.

The Sheriff's Department put in a call to Drexel Heights fire at 9:43 a.m. requesting assistance with a shooting. But crews were told to hold off.

Guerena was dead by the time they were allowed in the house, fire officials said.

Vanessa Guerena vividly remembers seeing her wounded husband.

"When I came out the officers dragged me through the kitchen and took me outside, and that's when I saw him laying there gasping for air," Vanessa Guerena said. "I kept begging the officers to call an ambulance that maybe he could make it and that my baby was still inside."

Maybe you should actually understand what you read.  She knew they were outside and woke her husband.   Not like any no knock raid I've ever heard of.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

in  

After rereading that, I am fucking in. So if Mr. Marine was innocent, why would Mr. SWAT be at his house. They wouldn't show up for no reason.

Bonafide expert, it appears!

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Thirded.  

Here in Missouri, I have personally seen 25+ people say that they were going into the Military, and the Judge will reduce charges/make them go away, as long as "asshat" proves he/she enlisted. So this is a form of "Join the Military, or go to jail."  

Quite common in Texas, mostly on smaller drug/theft offenses.    Take a day off sometime and sit thru a day of county court.   You'll be amazed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I am assuming that if anything was seized from his home that implicated him the cops would be tripping over themselves to produce it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:38:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Epic cluster fuck is epic.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:39:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Thirded.  

That is disqualifying, and very specifically prohibited for recruiters to involve themselves in a judicial process.  Furthermore, it is impossible to enlist with ANY open legal situations, even an unpaid traffic ticket.  I would really like to see some documentation supporting your 25 cases.

It isn't 1943 anymore.  Recruiters don't just decide to put applicants on a bus to boot camp.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Wake up from a dead sleep to your wife screaming, grab your rifle, make sure the wife and child are hidden, take a defensive position covering the likely entrance point, see a friendly in the door and hold your fire.  

What would you have done differently?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Well. Hmmm. Wonder what he did that they were there for a search warrant?

But 71 shots in 7 seconds?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Guarantee they cuffed him and let him bleed out to make damn sure there was only one story.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  Thirded.  

That is disqualifying, and very specifically prohibited for recruiters to involve themselves in a judicial process.  Furthermore, it is impossible to enlist with ANY open legal situations, even an unpaid traffic ticket.  I would really like to see some documentation supporting your 25 cases.

It isn't 1943 anymore.  Recruiters don't just decide to put applicants on a bus to boot camp.

Are you sure it is impossible to enlist, even with an unpaid parking ticket? Are you sure sure? So no felonies, or misdemeanors of any kind? Are you at least 50% sure?

As far as proof of the 25+ cases of people I have personally seen this happen to, I am not rooting through the Circuit Clerks office to prove it on the internet. I'm sure a quick Google search will show cases of this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  Thirded.  

They aren't supposed to, no... but do things get fudged?  YES.

I was a female with a 99 ASVAB and I am allergic to the cold.  My recruiter told me to not mention my allergy... it potentially could have disqualified me.  

I know people who have received waivers for prior criminal charges in order to enlist.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:53:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Hooray! Another victory in the War on Drugs!
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wake up from a dead sleep to your wife screaming, grab your rifle, make sure the wife and child are hidden, take a defensive position covering the likely entrance point, see a friendly in the door and hold your fire.  

Not said 'I've got something for you" while my rifle was trained on them?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm sure this reporting has nothing to do with the Pima county sherrif's very open and very vocal statements about how f'd up the border is, and how fos obama and napolitano are, everytime he appears on fox news.

Maracopa County Sheriff  Arpio is the vocal one. The Pima County Sheriff Dupnik is an asshat and wouldn't say a bad word about obama or nappy if they shit in his mouth.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not said 'I've got something for you" while my rifle was trained on them?
So if this guy really wanted to shoot cops, he would waste time yelling a catch phrase at them while they have weapons trained on him. Nope, don't think so. I think Va gunnut has the best guess as to what happened so far.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

in  

Uh, SWAT never goes to the wrong house, right?

It must be because he's guilty, right?

We don't need a trial, right?

WTF? right!

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

in  

3 search warrants off of bad intel? Don't think so. Judge isn't going to sign a search warrant because Pablo said "Ummm Jose down the street has marijuana." So yes, really.  
FUCKING BS

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in  

You talking to me?

I've served ZERO warrants.  I also know that people,  even the SWAT team, make mistakes.  
Then they tend to enter CYA  mode.
Maybe  the guy was a dirt bag,  maybe not.  Since none us were there,  I guess we'll  just have wait the "Official Story'  to come out.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because he was a former Marine does not mean he is not a current shitbag. I just found out yesterday that a kid I served with was stabbed to death by his dealer in Berkley after he attempted to rob said dealer. Lets all save our outrage and teeth gnashing until the facts come out.

This. Thirded.

Yep. Guy in my battalion raped a girl right there in the barracks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in  

Bonafide expert, it appears!

How does pointing out that mistakes can and have happened qualify me as a "Bonafide Expert?"
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Guarantee they cuffed him and let him bleed out to make damn sure there was only one story.

BS, he was shot a bunch of times, he was probably dead before he hit the floor.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:18:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Not enough info yet. However it does provide a lesson to all the Tier 1 individuals who are gonna go all "Come and Take it."  with their Lil' Armalite when the entry team comes to their door.

Lesson: This is what happens when one guy takes on an entry team.
no shit!

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
in  

The cops only investigate guilty people. That is why we don't really need a court system.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not enough info to take a stand, but in anyway.

This.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Taggeroo.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is the one thing that I can agree with.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

in  

Uh, SWAT never goes to the wrong house, right?

It must be because he's guilty, right?

We don't need a trial, right?

WTF? right!

Guilty with a gun pointing at the Police, yes. Good shoot from what info was provided.

Page / 95
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top