Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2011 9:32:58 AM EDT
A family member is getting rid of another family member I don't like. I've given the usual advice: separate funds/items, protect accts, get a lawyer, etc.

Anything I'm missing?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Move out with the utmost speed with your (their) belongings.  Do not cohabitate as more issues will develope.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
No more sex.

It's surprising how many people fuck themselves over by forgetting this one (pun intended).
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep it civil. If it becomes hostile the only winners will be the lawyers.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Know why divorce is so expensive?

'Cause it's worth it!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Get some LIQUID cash ASAP.. As soon as its filed, everything is in lockdown mode.....................................................................
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]
You want Liquid and debt ( if you have to )  no assets
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't allow yourself to be pulled into the middle of it.  Just be there to support the one you like.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
have them hire a decent attorney and listen to the attorney. Unfortunately divorce combines two of three issues arfkom is usually wrong about, law and relationships. Great place if your garage door isn't opening, you're coaching a kid's baseball team or going grouse hunting, but not so great on divorce.

OK, I'm game - what's the third?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have them hire a decent attorney and listen to the attorney. Unfortunately divorce combines two of three issues arfkom is usually wrong about, law and relationships. Great place if your garage door isn't opening, you're coaching a kid's baseball team or going grouse hunting, but not so great on divorce.

Beans in chili.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keep it civil. If it becomes hostile the only winners will be the lawyers.

See part in bold.  Have a family member involved in a nasty divorce...they have each spent well over 6 figures each on a mutual scorched earth policy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Movies, I was suckered into watching both NAVY SEALS with Charlie Sheen and that movie with the british soldiers fighting werewolves by these guys

I'm with you on Movies, and I'll add Science Fiction and Physics, but the consensus on Law and Relationships is pretty good in my estimation IF one reads the whole thread.

Dog Soldiers was fun though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top