Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2011 3:17:53 AM EDT
Sounds like the government will use the lack of response to this demand as an excuse to crack down further.

Syria demands that protesters surrender

Published: May 3, 2011 at 6:34 AM

DAMASCUS, Syria, May 3 (UPI) –– Syria has given anti-government protesters who committed "unlawful acts such as bearing arms" until May 15 to surrender, the Interior Ministry said.

People "who have participated in or committed unlawful acts such as bearing arms, attacking security or spreading lies" were told to surrender and hand in weapons to authorities by May 15, al-Arabiya said quoting a statement released Tuesday by Syria's Interior Ministry.

The ministry also called on citizens to supply information about "saboteurs, terrorists and arms caches," the network said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/05/03/Syria-demands-that-protesters-surrender/UPI-20091304418861/#ixzz1LHro9xnC

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if the Muslim brotherhood will compy?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wonder if the Muslim brotherhood will compy?

This is only the beginning. It will only end in one of 2 ways.

Bloody crackdown. (Thousands killed)

Bashar overthrown.

It has gone too far.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
In before the_A and the reason your founding fathers made such an order unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In before the_A and the reason your founding fathers made such an order unconstitutional.

He's no longer with us
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Comiing to U.S. before to long.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:01:22 AM EDT
[#6]
There's that May 15th date again...
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Comiing to U.S. before to long.

I doubt that . . . but hope for the best, prepare for the worst I guess.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#8]
No wonder Team Obama loves Bashir Assad.  Now I know why St. Hillary calls Assad "a reformer" with a gleam in her eye.

Team Obama can't imagine anything wrong with a regime that wants strict gun control.  They're all fellow travelers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top