Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/2/2011 4:49:12 PM EDT
Here is my thread from last week; http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1177480

And, apparently, now I know where the call for the police came from. A woman, who, herself, did not feel threatened, but instead listend to her deluded 11 year old daughters "fears," rather than explaining to her the rights our Great Nation was founded on.

Now that I have read "the rest of the story", I am actually kind of pissed that taxpayer dollars were wasted by this woman.

This is bullshit..
Wirtz: Guns and the public: Rights vs. responsibility
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2011 7:00 am Christine Tudor didn’t realize that an innocent grocery shopping trip to the local Wal-Mart store would be so unsettling to her 11-year-old daughter.
<snip>
As the Midland pair walked into the store about 2 p.m. Easter Sunday, Tudor’s daughter pulled her mom’s arm and whispered, “That man has a gun.”
<snip>
“It affected my daughter greatly,” Tudor said. “She was afraid that he might start shooting right there in Wal-Mart.”
<snip>
First the boyfriend showed up and then three officers from the Midland Police Department. The boyfriend took the police to the man.
<snip>
That’s when Tudor learned that what the man was doing, even if eccentric, was legal.

Edited to comply with CoC 10 - T7

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Walmart+open carry evokes this response from me every time:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
write to the fact checking department and make them print a correction that you were only carrying 2 pistols

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent parenting
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
the fuck
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Two guns? Really dude?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Attention whore much.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you to our news media in making even the sight of a gun scary.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Who knows what will happen once the sheeple see that a man can carry a gun legally.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
write to the fact checking department and make them print a correction that you were only carrying 2 pistols

No shit, maybe next time I will have to carry every pistol I have in a holster on my waist, and an AR slung over my shoulder. That way, when they say "several icky black scary guns" they MIGHT be somewhat near correct. LMFAO
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
strolled a man in his late 20s or early 30s “with pistol on each hip and one stuffed in the back of his pants

Apropos of nothing, what do you think of gay rights parades?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't have a problem with you doing anything you did except for commenting on the article and calling a little kid an idiot.  Kids aren't idiots, they're just dealing with the early stages of neuroplasticity.  They're learning.   You just taught that kid that gun people are big meanies.   Good job.

On the open carry issue, I get what its about, but good luck to you all.  I'd rather start my draw at a time that the bad guy does not yet know I'm running heavy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Two guns? Really dude?

In
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Weather forecast now calling for a shitstorm.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#15]
The man wasn’t frightening — clean cut, in sneakers and blue jeans with a gray waffle weave shirt.

You got some 'splanning to do, Ese.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Another winner single mother.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been OC around here since the storms.  Even at WM today.  LEO just look and keep going.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#19]
edged, is that you?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL @ the paper saying you were carrying 3 pistols.

You should tell the paper to correct it, that you were carrying 5.  Tell them there was one on each ankle too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This.

3 guns in plain sight?  1 oneach hip and one in the back of the belt (if I read the snippet right), I have no problem with open carry but pahlheeze.  Real life trolling it would seem.

But hey, at least you got a couple of threads out of it, right?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#22]

In.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#23]
....I’m a firm believer in the Second Amendment, but I think it is irresponsible for any gun owner to carry weapons in public situations not because you need to, but just because you can.....

Well I'm 100% certain that tomorrow I won't be the victim of a deadly assault, so since I don't need my weapon I just won't wear it.  Same could be said for not wearing your seatbelt, not locking your doors at night, not keeping fresh batteries in your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.  The man must have his head up his ass.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hate teh constitution...(a snarky tard would add...much)?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Two guns? Really dude?

Way I read it he had 3. Your right but looks bad, come on man.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I fail to see the need to take a firearm into Walmart.Especially after all the negative postings on here.Seriously two firearms.I didn't get your name is it John McClain.LOL.You can't blaim the child.Giving the current headlines in today's media.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Wirtz must be a member here.  He sounds like the usual suspects that show up in any open carry post.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hate teh constitution...(a snarky tard would add...much)?

I work hard to keep voters from electing anti gun reps. This kind of grandstanding, sheeple frightening shit doesn't help.

Fucking attention whores...how about garnering positive attention through deeds instead of "unique" behavior? Nah, that would require character...

Carry on.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#29]
So, do you mind clarifying for us exactly what and how you were carrying?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#30]
You know, being the "gray man" goes a lot further towards personal safety and security than a lot of other things.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Now that you have her name you should look her up on Facebook.

Maybe you can get a little action - it sounds like she likes the way you dress.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just read the comments, and I think you went a bit overboard with them.

This.

And people (including the OP) need to reread the article.  The part about him carrying 3 pistols is a quote from the lady.  Later, the police said it was 2 weapons.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Pretty easy to see who read the original thread and who didn't.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I fail to see the need to take a firearm into Walmart.Especially after all the negative postings on here.Seriously two firearms.I didn't get your name is it John McClain.LOL.You can't blaim the child.Giving the current headlines in today's media.

Come to the wally world in hampton, va
Makes me want to open carry my ar15
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I fail to see the need to take a firearm into Walmart.

What about Luby's?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I usually carry a gun to take out my garbage.

To my knowledge, no one I live around knows that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well please, tell me where, what, and how I should carry then.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Come on guys. The guy was an attention whore/asshole and he got attention. I would question anyone carrying in Walmart also. Its not something you see everyday because most NORMAL people carry discretely concealed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Maybe she saw the huge bulge in the front of his pants and thought it was a third gun?(and mistakenly said it was in the back)

OP-You do know that the rolled up socks go in the FRONT,right?

All kidding aside,I have no problem with it.The more people see it as commonplace and they have nothing to fear,the more it gets integrated into society and becomes normal.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Come on guys. The guy was an attention whore/asshole and he got attention. I would question anyone carrying in Walmart also. Its not something you see everyday because most NORMAL people carry discretely concealed.

But it's legal.

I wear my pants up around my waist,but see a lot of people with their asscrack hanging out-it's just what you get used to seeing that makes it no big deal.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes. It may be legal but its in bad taste. Very bad taste.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You know, being the "gray man" goes a lot further towards personal safety and security than a lot of other things.

And this is what idiots can't understand. Bringing attention to yourself NEVER, repeat, NEVER is a good thing.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to say that I'm shitting on the Constitution or something, but know what? While you're getting arrested/harrassed/put on the radar I'll still have my gun and will have escaped the notice of other people, law enforcement and bad guys. Open carriers who do stupid shit like walk around in mall parking lots with AR15's,  proudly tote their Draco AK pistols and attention whores help the Brady campaign more than anything the anti's do.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tha fuck?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

if this post is not sarcastic, I wonder if you are really a gun owner or not.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

open carry is in bad taste?  or the fact that he had a open carry gun and a backup?

is this still ar15.com?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I fail .

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Look dude...

More magazines, less guns.

It's more practical.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

open carry is in bad taste?  or the fact that he had a open carry gun and a backup?

is this still ar15.com?

Open carry is in bad taste unless you are in a hunting setting or similar situation. It smacks ATTENTION WHORE!!! I also can wear gold necklaces and short shorts legally, but do I?? The guy was an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't OC, I prefer CCW.

However, regardless of the manner of carry...

How do you know in advance where and when you might need to defend yourself?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I agree, there's really no reason for anyone to own a scary black gun. It doesn't matter if it's legal, it's just wrong.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top