Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 1:07:13 PM EDT
I have a barrel that i messed up pretty good when i was in the beginning stages of BRD i want to get it re threaded if possible can you guys recommend me a good reliable smith that can do that type of thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
anybody?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a barrel that i messed up pretty good when i was in the beginning stages of BRD i want to get it re threaded if possible can you guys recommend me a good reliable smith that can do that type of thing.

how long is the barrel and how messed up are the threads?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

its pretty screwed the dremel got into it almost all the way to the crown, learned a hard lesson that day perfectly good barrel and i cant use it been sitting in a junk box somewhere in the basement every since. that was about 5 or six years ago to be honest i probably need to junk it i am guessing it will need to be crowned after it is cut some and threaded then it would be too short to be made legal with a perm attached muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its pretty screwed the dremel got into it almost all the way to the crown, learned a hard lesson that day perfectly good barrel and i cant use it been sitting in a junk box somewhere in the basement every since. that was about 5 or six years ago to be honest i probably need to junk it i am guessing it will need to be crowned after it is cut some and threaded then it would be too short to be made legal with a perm attached muzzle device.

I can hook you up with a good english teacher who can teach you how to use punctuation and shit.

As for the barrel, I wouldn't use it for anything but launching golf balls. Take it for the expensive lesson that it is, and keep your dremel away from your barrels in the future.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can hook you up with a good english teacher who can teach you how to use punctuation and shit.

As for the barrel, I wouldn't use it for anything but launching golf balls. Take it for the expensive lesson that it is, and keep your dremel away from your barrels in the future.

A guy from Arkansas giving punctuation advice i have seen it all now, next thing you know you will want to give out hygiene advice. Just stay away from teeth counting contests and college football you will be doing good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A guy from Arkansas giving punctuation advice i have seen it all now, next thing you know you will want to give out hygiene advice. Just stay away from teeth counting contests and college football you will be doing good.

My wife was an english major in college. She learned me gooder

As for hygiene, I try to bathe once a week whether I need it or not.

I go to one of the other schools in Arkansas. Their performance in the Sugar Bowl was terrible.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Get it chopped and re-threaded/crowned and add a muzzle device of appropriate length to be permanently attached to bring it back to 16". Get it cut at 14.5" add a Phantom F/H or go 13.7" and pin a Noveske KX3. There are countless possibilities to bring that barrel back to functionality.

ETA: If the barrel is FUBAR past any permanently attached regular muzzle device bringing it back to 16" you could also do a Commando 5.5" F/H

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife was an english major in college. She learned me gooder

As for hygiene, I try to bathe once a week whether I need it or not.

I go to one of the other schools in Arkansas. Their performance in the Sugar Bowl was terrible.

Well im a Georgia fan so i know all about crappy performances
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I've used ADCO several times.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Get it chopped and re-threaded/crowned and add a muzzle device of appropriate length to be permanently attached to bring it back to 16". Get it cut at 14.5" add a Phantom F/H or go 13.7" and pin a Noveske KX3. There are countless possibilities to bring that barrel back to functionality.

ETA: If the barrel is FUBAR past any permanently attached regular muzzle device bringing it back to 16" you could also do a Commando 5.5" F/H

You could also get someone to permanently attach an AAC Blackout flash suppressor/mount as they are pretty long.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well im a Georgia fan so i know all about crappy performances

I cannot offer anything substantive re: your barrel but I do feel your pain regarding College Football.

I'm starting to hate Mark Richt.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell , you from GA there little peaches , that ain't much better......
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell , you from GA there little peaches , that ain't much better......

B.S.! i take at least two showers a week and brush my teeth three times, my wife says im starting to get uppity with the teeth brushing so i might have to cut back
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:35:52 AM EDT
[#15]
ar15barrels.com

He can cut/crown/thread it for you.  Reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:37:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ADCO

First post

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could also get someone to permanently attach an AAC Blackout flash suppressor/mount as they are pretty long.

Thats a good idea i just need to figure out how long that thing is the barrel is 14.5 and i figure at least what was threaded will need to be chopped.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ar15barrels.com

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats a good idea i just need to figure out how long that thing is the barrel is 14.5 and i figure at least what was threaded will need to be chopped.

If you go that route, be aware that the steel it's made from is very hard, and ADCO (Who has done mine) charges extra as different techniques are needed.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ar15barrels.com

Is he back in business?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top