Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 7:30:25 PM EDT
According to the internet it is possible in some states. Wow.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

-Foxxz

A furry inmate?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard of people getting hitched while locked up. Doesn't make for great wedding pics.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember a news story about the Menendez brothers getting married in prison, the question is not can you but why would you want to?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

-Foxxz

Is same-sex marriage possible?  I wonder if they can get the warden to marry them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I remember a news story about the Menendez brothers getting married in prison, the question is not can you but why would you want to?

I think both. Surprised they allow it.

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There used to be conjugal visits in many prisons.  I recently talked to a correctional officer and he doesn't believe that's done anymore.  I don't know if that's true for all states.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It's legal in California, apparently. Both Richard Ramirez AKA the Nightstalker and one of the Menendez brothers were married in prison out there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
go ahead buddy no one will call you gay.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
To answer you question, yes you can. I know this because a friends mother married her SO while he was locked up and as far as I know he still is..that was a few years ago

I believe the state is Nevada.

People are crazy..
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#10]
If this is a question for your personal life, I would strongly recommend you visiting a mental health professional.  

I have a bit of  concern for you.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]
A guy's who used to work for me's ex wife married a guy in prison.  She met him thru her daughter's boyfriend.  The prison guy was the boyfriend's father.

The Felon was in prison for abduction and rape, use of a firearm in commission of a felony.  I think in VA just the firearm charge is 5 years minimum by itself.

The state of VA sent her a 2" thick folder of what he had done and why he was in prison and she didn't look at it.  She had to sign a form saying she knew what he had done.

She married him anyway.  He is supposed to get out and I predict that will be a disaster.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Prison weddings are common. It was during one of these lovely ceremonies, or to be more exact, before one that I learned a new word. The young groom wanted to look his best, so he says to me "hey sarge, you got a smoover I could use?" I didn't know what the hell he meant. To make a long story short, a "smoover" was an iron and the guy wanted to iron (smoove out) his inmate uniform. True story.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#13]
No I can't marry a prison inmate because I'm already married and I don't subscribe to the polygamist lifestyle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Mom retired as a social worker at the Utah State Pennitentiary... SIL is a psychologist for the Texas Department of Corrections...

Yes, thugs get married, and divorced.

~Some breed of women, for reasons I will never ever understand, will get married to thugs. Some do it because the thug is (in)famous, and for whatever reason, want to be attached to the thug even though, some (~most) won't ever even see the thug face-to-face. Some do it for other reasons... But it does indeed happen...

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#15]
It's legal in OR.  They just had a story on the news.  Seems they allow it 2X a year.  No honey moon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]
There's an entire forum devoted to stuff like this - like the Arfcom of prison life
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#17]
My crazy fucking aunt married an inmate while she was working as an RN there.

She's now married to a retired guard.

We don't talk much.  Or actually.....ever.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There's an entire forum devoted to stuff like this - like the Arfcom of prison life

I have been to that forum, notice how every woman that marries a convict "knows" their hubby is innocent?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I should have married a woman in prison.  Then, maybe I could get a little peace and quiet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Dating any lady convicted of a Felony is a big no no to me. Those kinds of people can't be trusted. That should be in the top 5 rules for anyone.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Any corrections officer can marry cellmates.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Marriage doesn't fix anything... the fights with your cell mate will only get worse.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes, but who would?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:40:22 AM EDT
[#24]
When I was a CO we had at least a couple of weddings a year.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I should have married a woman in prison.  Then, maybe I could get a little peace and quiet.

Rimshot

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#26]
That depends........ what kind of tax break do I get for being married to a female doing life with no chance of parole and never ever visiting her?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:00:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes you can.

You should hear the crooks laughing about all the women they scam.

Of course, the women crooks do it too.  There are those who are, sadly just so sad
and alone they have to turn to crooks in prison for what they think is love.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yes, but who would?

You'd be surprised.  We even have COs walked off for inappropriate relationships.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Happens all the time , I don't understand why but it does !
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:10:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Sure you can.  Remember "Dog Day Afternoon"?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:13:53 AM EDT
[#31]
In Michigan you can marry an inmate, but there is no conjugal visits where the prisoner and his/her new spouse are alone.  The only visiting allowed in Michigan prisons is in the visiting room where they can sit next to each other, and have a hug and kiss upon greeting each other and upon leaving each other.  No funny business in between.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Dating any lady convicted of a Felony is a big no no to me. Those kinds of people can't be trusted. That should be in the top 5 rules for anyone.
my top 5 are:

1. NO CRIMINAL RECORD

2. NO DRUGS..that means no alkies, no pot heads, no "former" pot head or "former" alkies. absolutly  no buts. I learned the hard way

3. No one older than me...learned that the hard way too

4. No one who has a history of not staying married...3 divorces? yeah not marriage material.

5. NO CRAZIES

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

In Michigan you can marry an inmate, but there is no conjugal visits where the prisoner and his/her new spouse are alone.  The only visiting allowed in Michigan prisons is in the visiting room where they can sit next to each other, and have a hug and kiss upon greeting each other and upon leaving each other.  No funny business in between.

So, it's pretty much like any other marriage.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top