Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 6:43:16 AM EDT
I just witnessed it in Tuscaloosa.  Must be upset about a favorite golf course or something getting destroyed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
haven't your people suffered enough?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the runway at the Tuscaloosa airport even long enough for a 747(Air Force One) to land on?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:48:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Is the runway at the Tuscaloosa airport even long enough for a 747(Air Force One) to land on?

I'm sure they pulled all the rescue and recovery people off whatever they were doing to lengthen the runway.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure they pulled all the rescue and recovery people off whatever they were doing to lengthen the runway.

It looked plenty long, but yes, I am sure they stopped search and rescue for him to have a "paid for welcoming committee".
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I must be a crap magnet..

First Jacksonville,NC got hit with some tornados while I was there last week.

I come to Alabama to visit a buddy on my way to Texas, and look what happens.

Now this....

I am really sorry I brought all this with me Alabamians
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The used a smaller plane. He's on his way to FL anyway so evidently some advisor must thought it would be a "feel your pain" foto-op for him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:59:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought the plane looked different.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The used a smaller plane. He's on his way to FL anyway so evidently some advisor must thought it would be a "feel your pain" foto-op for him.

That's what I was thinking. The airport @ Tuscaloosa is 6500 ft, and a 747 fully laden apparently needs more than that to land safely (or so I've read).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top