Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 6:58:26 AM EDT
Everything is turned up , but you can tell when you look at the bouncing bar that it's not using hardly any of it's power. Wierd
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I had that issue with my eepc netbook.  It was a driver issue. New drivers and all of a sudden it worked great.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
turn your hearing aids up
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I had that issue with my eepc netbook. It was a driver issue. New drivers and all of a sudden it worked great.

Drivers? I know not this computer speak
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Depending on which version of Windows:

Click Start or Funky Windows button in left lower corner, then click on Settings, then Control Panel. Find Windows Update and run it. Also depending on Windows version, drivers are listed as Optional updates or as something else, brain fart=can't remember.

OR

Open Internet Explorer and under Safety Buttton, click on Windows Update (Latest Versions of Internet Explorer only I believe..)

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Drivers; I remember them as another word for updates. Its easier for me to think of them in this way.  Every little thing that your computer runs, like sound, operating system, graphics, etc. need updating from time to time and these updates AKA drivers.  You need to go to your computer companies website and look for support or help button and go to download new drivers or updates.  See if your particular Operating system (windows 7, mac, etc.) has updates.  OR you can just run an update check from your desktop somewhere, I do not know where without being on your system.

OR THE BEST OPTION

Call the 1 800 help line that came with your system and ask the customer service where to go to update all your drivers on your system and where to get your system updates from.

Drivers and Updates are not interchangable terms its just how I learned them, when you call make sure you use the Drivers Term.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Click Start or Funky Windows button in left lower corner, then click on Settings, then Control Panel. Find Windows Update and run it. Also depending on Windows version, drivers are listed as Optional updates or as something else, brain fart=can't remember.

OR

Open Internet Explorer and under Safety Buttton, click on Windows Update (Latest Versions of Internet Explorer only I believe..)

Good Luck!

NO, do not do this. Never let Windows Update install or upgrade your device drivers.

Go to the manufacturer's website and get them there.
Asus Drivers
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Not just netbooks, lots of laptops are like this also.

Only thing you can do is find a source with a higher gain or output it to speakers or headphones.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OR

Good Luck!

NO, do not do this. Never let Windows Update install or upgrade your device drivers.

Asus Drivers

To each there own....Never really seen too much problems with Microsoft Certified Drivers, but like I said, to each his own.
(ETA: Never seen too many problems with Lenovo laptops running the Microsoft Certified Drivers. Not to say that bad drivers haven't been released into the wild before, as it has happened. But once in ten years that I can rememeber didn't seem to bad.)

Hope the OP gets the problem figured out..

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OR

Good Luck!

Asus Drivers

To each there own....Never really seen too much problems with Microsoft Certified Drivers, but like I said, to each his own.
(ETA: Never seen too many problems with Lenovo laptops running the Microsoft Certified Drivers. Not to say that bad drivers haven't been released into the wild before, as it has happened. But once in ten years that I can rememeber didn't seem to bad.)

It's not that the drivers are bad but that they are not the latest and often times are generic drivers which may not function correctly with his specific hardware.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OR

Good Luck!

Asus Drivers

Asus's website for new drivers is what I would try first

also

Control Panel>Sounds>Enhancements tab, check loudness equalization (the checkbox might not exist if your drivers are out of date)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top