Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/15/2011 7:46:57 PM EDT
The girl of my dreams.......................................................

...and she's illegal.

Her fence jumping parents brought her here when she was like 2 so she's been here all of her life, speaks perfect English and works as a bartender for cash under the table. She's beautiful, smart, funny, loves guns and burgers. I've always been a law and order, love of country type. Was in the military along with most of my family members etc. But you can't just get married and get your spouse her citizenship anymore.

What's a boy to do??

FML

She looks like this too, btw.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow!!

I have no advice, but that pic is niiiiice!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Have her apply for citizenship. I've heard it isn't too tough. The test is basically questions like, "What colors are on the flag? What do they represent?"
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
But you can't just get married and get your spouse her citizenship anymore.

Things that are worth it arent easy.

Is she worth it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Move to Mexico
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#5]
tell her to get her citizenship.  If you care so much go back with her and live in mexico or wherever she is from and help her get it done.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Do what has to be done!! Or head down south and get hitched
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
sounds like you'll have a good relationship with the in-laws.

my advice? notify the local authorities.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I say eject. Turn her in.

If she hasn't bothered to pursue citizenship so far, I question why she should be allowed to stay. She obviously doesn't love this country, she just loves living here.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But you can't just get married and get your spouse her citizenship anymore.

When did that happen?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#11]
SIIHPAPP?  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Who's Social Security # has she been using?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#13]
If you have principles, and it's going to bother you try to establish that she does too. She can apply for citizenship....urge her to do so. Win/win.

She should WANT to be a US citizen, shouldn't she?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]
An illegal is an illegal, it doesn't matter if they're hot or not. You shouldn't have to violate your principles for pussy.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#15]
If she cared about being a citizen, she would have already done it.  I am presuming that she isn't too stupid to fill out the forms, therefore, the conclusion is that she doesn't like the USA enough to want to be a citizen.  I would actually prefer that the people who are here LOVE this country, and not just be users.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
tell her to get her citizenship.  If you care so much go back with her and live in mexico or wherever she is from and help her get it done.

She was talking to a lawyer who basically told her that the only way to do it is for us to go to Mexico, get married, then it's the .gov's discretion on whether to let her in or not. So if they're being dickish, she's in Mexico until she can sneak back to the US and it's back to square 1.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... But you can't just get married and get your spouse her citizenship anymore.

Are you sure about that?  I would look into that, if you are serious.

I believe that marriage to a U.S. citizen will still fasttrack someone to permanent residency and eventual citizenship.

A friend of mine emigrated to the states from Australia. Took him 3 years to gain citizenship after he was married.
Don't know the details, but you would probably be in a similar situation. Good luck. She sure looks pretty from here.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]
There's no moral dilemma here, there's only the right thing and the wrong thing.  And I think you know which is which or you wouldn't be asking.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She was talking to a lawyer who basically told her that the only way to do it is for us to go to Mexico, get married, then it's the .gov's discretion on whether to let her in or not. So if they're being dickish, she's in Mexico until she can sneak back to the US and it's back to square 1.
well she knows the language and is married and grew up here and I am assuming she has no criminal record. I imagine it will be easier for her than most.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Get her pregnant!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Seems like more of a legal and practical problem than a moral one.  If she were British you would have the same problem.

I would take the lawyer's advice and try to do it right.  You may also be able to get married in the US if you can get her a visa.  You have a lot of research to do!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#23]
First things first: Post more pictures
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Not really much of an issue to me.  There is right and there is wrong.  Which one do you think applies here?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#25]
My grandmother was an illegal so I really can't say shit.

Wait: No,she's an illegal and therefore stealing a job and tax dollars from Americans. If you don't tie her ass up and dump her across the border,you too hate your country.

Seriously dude,this is your call to take with as much effort as you want. If you are truly a law and order type by all means be the biggest _Asshole you can be and call INS on her and know you did your duty as an American. Fact is,the immigration issue is so large that she's a drop in the bucket and I'll just call it like I see it: if she's working and generally living a decent life,it's a hell of a lot better than millions of fuckups on welfare that simply lucked out on being born here.

She's beautiful, smart, funny, loves guns and burgers.Sounds good to me - or you could find a good American fatass with no job and a rap sheet.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I completely thought the OP was saying she was illegal, as in under 18, until I read the replies
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If she hasn't bothered to pursue citizenship so far, I question why she should be allowed to stay. She obviously doesn't love this country, she just loves living here.

Really ?

Maybe her parents, but she came here when she was 2........

At what age was she supposed to realize.... Oh hell, I'm illegal.....maybe I should do something about that ???

is it 16 ? 18 ? 20 ??

I don't like illegals any more than you do, but this is somewhat different....

He should go through the right channels to get her status changed & if all goes well with that...then get hitched...

Jeeze
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Is she one of those feisty Mexican types? I like those, not to marry, but well, you know....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If she hasn't bothered to pursue citizenship so far, I question why she should be allowed to stay.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is she one of those feisty Mexican types? I like those, not to marry, but well, you know....

Very feisty. And she can cook. And her mouth acrobatics would make you campaign for Obama. She hates welfare cases and is embarrassed to be illegal, she'd make a great American.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Social security number?

8K/year x 12 for public school?

Working  and paid under the table?

What part of illegal don't you understand?

If she gets caught near your guns, then what?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#32]
She needs to get her citizenship, for both your peace of mind and hers. Look into it carefully, do your homework, speak to your attorney again (or get a second opinion), and find out exactly what it takes to get her her citizenship. It sounds corny as hell, but screw it–– do you love her, or not? That's something to think about. Everything, and everyone, worth having is worth fighting for. Is she worth that to you?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Good Lord boys, you've gone off the deep end again...

Poontang ain't worth all that ––

The three F rule applies here, look into it, you'll thank me later.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#34]
She looks good now, but give her 10 - 15 years.

Hispanic chics age and widen, my friend.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd go for it. You only live once, and most illegals aren't bad people.  Mostly the bad ones are the ones who truck them and the drugs in. It isn't her fault her parents brought her here illegally.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

She looks good now, but give her 10 - 15 years.

Hispanic chics age and widen, my friend.

Yep, aint that the truth (you are talking about boobs right?)

Just kidding. But yeah, eat the food. You'll learn the reason pretty damned quick.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

THIS.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#38]
They aren't exactly going out of their way to kick people out these days per that Obama admin directive that was released a few months back.

File for a fiance visa from over here, bet it would fly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have her apply for citizenship. I've heard it isn't too tough. The test is basically questions like, "What colors are on the flag? What do they represent?"
you heard wrong, i have a client in this same situation, AND married to a us citizen, who cannot obtain citizenship
What about permanent resident status?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I need more pictures to decide what I think you should do....
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Call (800) 375-5283 before she tries to use you for your citizenship.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Make her go through the proper channels and become legal.

Don't see why this is such a dilemma.

If she doesn't want to become a US citizen and live as an American, then fuck her, and not in the good way. Turn her in after SIIHP.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very feisty. And she can cook. And her mouth acrobatics would make you campaign for Obama. She hates welfare cases and is embarrassed to be illegal, she'd make a great American.

Others have asked what has kept her from trying to become legal.

And here you are saying shes embarrassed to be illegal.

There better be a good reason why shes not done everything possible to become a citizen.

I'll wait.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#46]
"Hit it, then report it!"

Seriously....

It's funny how moral judgement is clouded by skin deep beauty.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Move to Mexico

You can live like a king

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:37:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Sounds like the makings of a sex slave.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Social security number?

8K/year x 12 for public school?

Working  and paid under the table?

What part of illegal don't you understand?

If she gets caught near your guns, then what?

This

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Tell her to join the .mil.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top