Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Turn her parents in to crime stoppers, use tip money to pay for immigration lawyer.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Do what makes you Happy OP.

And just to let you know it would make ARFCOM happy if you post more pics.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Sooo... is there a reason you didn't show her face in the picture?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sooo... is there a reason you didn't show her face in the picture?

INS.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I say eject. Turn her in.

If she hasn't bothered to pursue citizenship so far, I question why she should be allowed to stay. She obviously doesn't love this country, she just loves living here.

BINGO!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

An illegal is an illegal, it doesn't matter if they're hot or not. You shouldn't have to violate your principles for pussy.

"pussy" is not the same thing as love.  It sounds like there is alot more here than just a simple lay...  Love is higher virtue than patriotism.  Love of family and love of your wife should always come before love of your country.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Social security number?

8K/year x 12 for public school?

Working  and paid under the table?

What part of illegal don't you understand?

If she gets caught near your guns, then what?

This

+1
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#9]
There are a lot of cold-hearted bastards around these parts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#10]
There are a lot of people in this thread saying that she should "apply" for citizenship, but there's really no mechanism for that.

If you are a foreign national, there are only two paths to citizenship. An American citizen whom you are related to can sponsor you for permanent residency.  The waiting period for this, depending on the type of relationship can be up to 10 years.  A spousal visa can be processed faster - usually in under a year.  An alternative would be to get an American company to sponsor you on a visa that leads to permanent residency.  Once you have legal permanent resident status, you can apply for citizenship after five years.

The problem for the OP is that his girlfriend is already here illegally, which effectively rules out the second option (which probably wasn't likely anyway).  He can take the first option - marry her in Mexico, but since she's been in the US illegally, there's no guarantee that a spousal visa would be approved.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Have her drop a couple anchor babies.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who's Social Security # has she been using?

No shit. I say stuff it (a few times, everywhere) and cuff it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
She looks good now, but give her 10 - 15 years.

Hispanic chics age and widen, my friend.

Yep, aint that the truth (you are talking about boobs right?)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/12/Salma_Hayek_Cannes_2010.jpg/424px-Salma_Hayek_Cannes_2010.jpg

Just kidding. But yeah, eat the food. You'll learn the reason pretty damned quick.

She needs to do some curls and get a little tone in those atrophied arms.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#14]
She sounds like someone who moves through life taking advantage of situations and giving little, if anything back. She's lived in the United States her whole life, and made the decision as an adult not to become a citizen, would just rather enjoy the perks of living here.

What would you expect marriage to be like?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She sounds like someone who moves through life taking advantage of situations and giving little, if anything back. She's lived in the United States her whole life, and made the decision as an adult not to become a citizen, would just rather enjoy the perks of living here.

I'm sure if she's been spending her life working illegally "for cash under the table" then she's been saving herself for the OP––just waiting for him to come and rescue her.  What could go wrong?  

You should write Romantic Comedies.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If she hasn't bothered to pursue citizenship so far, I question why she should be allowed to stay.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#18]
How long have you known her?

Stock advice, for anyone, is that you should not even consider marriage unless you have been dating (while living independently) for at least two years.  Do not shack up, do not play house together, do not comingle finances or enter into legal contracts together.  Date for two years and then, if you're sure, go for it.  

If you're older and you have experience enough to know after a few months, and you know they've been living independently for some time, then maybe you can break that rule, but if you're under the age of 25 and this would be your first marriage, TRUST ME - wait it out a few years.  You've got time.  

And don't worry about the money.  I know it's financially attractive to shack up together, but don't do it.  You need to both see how each other treats their living area.  You need to both learn that the other person can handle finances.  You need to both learn that the other person is self-sufficient, should they ever again need to be.  Any one can fake that for a month or two.  Nobody can fake it for two years and not learn how to do it for real in the process.

If you must fuck, then fine.  Heck, spend the night occasionally.  But maintain separate living quarters.  It's worth the relatively miniscule amount of time and money it costs in order to be absolutely sure you're marrying an independent, self-sufficient person.  Two years is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.  Just do it, trust me.

That said, her obtaining legal residency status is a component of being independent and self-sufficient.

I know it sounds cruel, but if she can't or won't do that on her own, then she's not marriage material.  This is a big-girl problem, and it needs a big-girl solution.  It's not just about her doing what's right, and what's best for herself - it's also about her showing you that she's worthy of being your wife.  By doing this, she's proving to you that she can handle serious problems that may come up in your life together.  She'll prove that she can be trusted with other big-girl problems and you'll know that you'll always have a good fighter on your side.

And if she can't handle it, then no matter how good the pussy is or how much you love her, I suggest you move along.
Marriage is a decision that must be made with your big head.

Do not try to use marriage as a tool to solve this problem.  She needs to solve this problem on her own.  And if it takes 5 or 6 years, then that's how long it takes.  Be smart about this and be patient.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#19]
If she wants to fast-track her citizenship she can return to her home country, get a US Visa, enter the US legally, and join the military.
http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/08/07/25610-us-government-offers-citizenship-through-military-service/

If you like your RKBA you will keep her well away from your firearms unless you want to get popped with several state and federal felonies, as illegal aliens are prohibited persons under both federal and AZ's laws.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... But you can't just get married and get your spouse her citizenship anymore.

Are you sure about that?  I would look into that, if you are serious.

I believe that marriage to a U.S. citizen will still fasttrack someone to permanent residency and eventual citizenship.

A friend of mine emigrated to the states from Australia. Took him 3 years to gain citizenship after he was married.

Don't know the details, but you would probably be in a similar situation. Good luck. She sure looks pretty from here.

Often, it will take more like six years.  Marriage qualifies the immigrant to become a permanent resident (i.e. Green Card) - and usually it is only after someone has been a LEGAL permanent resident for five years that they can apply for citizenship.

But, immigration law is constantly in flux.  You could often ask three INS employees the same quesiton and get three different answers.  

Three years as a married LPR to apply for citizenship. Five years if applying on your own.  Problem is she's here now and trying to marry and apply while she's here is going to be a giant mess and will most likely result in her removal.  If here parents became green card holders and/or naturalize, she could derive that way.  Lots of rules and procedures and none of them are easy.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you really think there are many people who, if they were raised in the US since infancy and have no recollection of the third world shithole they were born in before their parents snuck into the US, would "return" to that country once they found out about their illegal status and became adults?

Exactly.

Alot of big talk goes on in this forum concerning anchor babies, but I don't think many of the talkers have ever bothered to put themselves in the shoes of someone in such a position.
I'm betting there's not one single Arfcommer who would willingly choose to 'do the right thing' if they were in such a position.
Being deported to a country you've likely never even visited? No place to live, no place to work? Hard to imagine something more frightening.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure if she's been spending her life working illegally "for cash under the table" then she's been saving herself for the OP––just waiting for him to come and rescue her.  What could go wrong?  

And if she didn't work for cash then she'd be forced to rip someone else's SS#, which would also be illegal. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. At the end of the day you still have to eat. Go ahead and find me one bartender or any tipped employee who claims every red cent they make in tips.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Funny that this scenario should pop up on the forum.

Just a couple days ago the local radio news station was broadcasting a SOB story about a woman who married an illegal, has a family with him now ten years later, and lives in constant fear of separation because he's still an illegal.

In summary, if you choose to marry an illegal, you have to accept the consequences if and when things go bad because of the illegal citizenship status.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Bunch of hard asses in here evidently.

I have no advice for you OP, but good luck. I'm sure you'll do what you think is right.

Don't let the GD mouth breathers get you down.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Need pic of her face.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I MIGHT could turn a blind eye to her illegal status considering she was brought here as a child.
OTOH, she should be working on her legal citizenship.

Not paying taxes, SS, etc...No way.

Seems like she likes to enjoy all that the US has to offer but does not want to contribute. Barley a step above those in her shoes collecting welfare and thats JUST barley.

Good God, the things some people will do (or not do) because pussy is involved.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tell her to join the .mil.

You have to be a citizen or a legal resident.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have no advice for you OP, but good luck. I'm sure you'll do what you think is right.

Honestly, I'm tired of the sob stories from situations like this one being used to promote amnesty for illegals.  Ten years from now after they have a couple of kids her situation will be used as another sob story of why it's unfair to break up another family because one of the parents is an illegal.  "It's for the children." Let her go home and come back as a legal, if she can.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The girl of my dreams.......................................................

...and she's illegal.

Her fence jumping parents brought her here when she was like 2 so she's been here all of her life, speaks perfect English and works as a bartender for cash under the table. She's beautiful, smart, funny, loves guns and burgers. I've always been a law and order, love of country type. Was in the military along with most of my family members etc. But you can't just get married and get your spouse her citizenship anymore.

What's a boy to do??

FML

She looks like this too, btw.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n442/dogearedpete/hawt.jpg

She's NOT your perfect girl.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I'm tired of the sob stories from situations like this one being used to promote amnesty for illegals.  Ten years from now after they have a couple of kids her situation will be used as another sob story of why it's unfair to break up another family because one of the parents is an illegal.  "It's for the children." Let her go home and come back as a legal, if she can.

And if this were your daughter, your sentiments would be reversed 180 degrees. Guaranteed.
If you really want a solution to the immigration problem, expecting other human beings to live up to expectations that you'd never meet if you were in their shoes isn't practical.

You really think it's reasonable to expect a man living in poverty to 'respect' the laws of the US and let his kids go hungry, when he has other options (aka border jumping)?
Is that what you'd do? If so... I wouldn't classify you as a very good father.

You really think it's reasonable for a person who's lived here literally as long as they can remember to willingly subject themselves to being sent to a foreign land where they have nothing, and nobody?
Is that what you'd do? If so... you're a liar.

Family & self-preservation comes first. Whether you're legal or not. That's the way things are and that's the way things should be. So if you're going to address the immigration problem in an effective manner, rather than an emotional one, we need to temper our actions with an understanding of human motivation. And perhaps some compassion.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is she one of those feisty Mexican types? I like those, not to marry, but well, you know....

Very feisty. And she can cook. And her mouth acrobatics would make you campaign for Obama. She hates welfare cases and is embarrassed to be illegal, she'd make a great American.

Then why the fuck isn't she legal?  If she's embarrassed to be illegal, and she'd make a great American, there must be some underlying reason she hasn't done it yet.  What is it?

Bottom line, I don't care how hot she is, if she doesn't want to get off her lazy ass, go through the proper channels and get legal, I don't fucking want her in my country.  You asked for it, that's my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if this were your daughter, your sentiments would be reversed 180 degrees. Guaranteed.
If you really want a solution to the immigration problem, expecting other human beings to live up to expectations that you'd never meet if you were in their shoes isn't practical.

You really think it's reasonable to expect a man living in poverty to 'respect' the laws of the US and let his kids go hungry, when he has other options (aka border jumping)?

You really think it's reasonable for a person who's lived here literally as long as they can remember to willingly subject themselves to being sent to a foreign land where they have nothing, and nobody?

Family & self-preservation comes first. Whether you're legal or not. That's the way things are and that's the way things should be. So if you're going to address the immigration problem in an effective manner, rather than an emotional one, we need to temper our actions with an understanding of human motivation. And perhaps some compassion.

That is one of the biggest piles of steaming bullcrap I've seen on this site in a long time, and that's saying something.

The girl is in a bad situation because her parents chose poorly.  Now the OP is considering choosing poorly because he's thinking with his little head (which is why he posted the pic that he did).

What more, I don't need someone throwing more sob stories at me while hypocritically accusing me of addressing the illegal problem in an emotional manner.

One more for the ignore list.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is she one of those feisty Mexican types? I like those, not to marry, but well, you know....

Very feisty. And she can cook. And her mouth acrobatics would make you campaign for Obama. She hates welfare cases and is embarrassed to be illegal, she'd make a great American.

Then why the fuck isn't she legal?  If she's embarrassed to be illegal, and she'd make a great American, there must be some underlying reason she hasn't done it yet.  What is it?

Bottom line, I don't care how hot she is, if she doesn't want to get off her lazy ass, go through the proper channels and get legal, I don't fucking want her in my country.  You asked for it, that's my opinion.

Your opinion's unrealistic, and is something you'd never do if you were in her place. But it's easy to judge others on the internet, isn't it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is one of the biggest piles of steaming bullcrap I've seen on this site in a long time, and that's saying something.

The girl is in a bad situation because her parents chose poorly.  Now the OP is considering choosing poorly because he's thinking with his little head (which is why he posted the pic that he did).

What more, I don't need someone throwing more sob stories at me while hypocritically accusing me of addressing the illegal problem in an emotional manner.

One more for the ignore list.

Didn't figure you'd answer or even consider any of the hypothetical situations I posed above. That would require actually thinking about the problem instead of just repeating the 'wetbacks go home' mantra.
Plus - the act of honestly answering any of those questions would necessitate exposing yourself as a hypocrit. You know that as well as I. Better not to travel too far down that path.

Emotion doesn't solve problems.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes, yes it is.  As unrealistic as it may sound, it IS my opinion.  I'm not trolling here, just stating the fact that it is my opinion.  Like assholes, everybody has one, most stink.  I stand by mine.  Opinion, that is.

Like others, this is a sore subject with me because I see the other, worse side of illegals every day.  I simply choose to not keep it to myself.  A hot, feisty one that can cook is no different.  And one way to cure her feisty-ness, is to marry her!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Social security number?

8K/year x 12 for public school?

Working  and paid under the table?

What part of illegal don't you understand?

If she gets caught near your guns, then what?

This

+1

Exactly- she isn't an honest, law-abiding person with one little stain.  She lives a fraud, and has done so for many many years.  Is she telling you she's never used someone else's SSN before?  She's never signed or completed something dishonestly?  I doubt it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top