Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 9:43:55 AM EDT
DJ'd at a bar last night for a St. Patricks celebration. Although the bar was only half full it was still fun. And good extra cash. Most of the parties in Dallas happens in lower Greenville for St. Patricks. This is way north in Allen, so not many people there.

Pics: DJ Al Facebook Page

Well at least I have a 2 proms in April and another bar gig May. Those should be jammin.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Long-time no see. Glad to see you're still kicking.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#2]
A lot of work for six people.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A lot of work for six people.

Yeah tell me about it. Been DJ'ing since H.S. this is probably the smallest crowd in a bar/club setting I have ever done. Someone dropped the ball in promoting this event.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#5]
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!

Must have been a mighty big rock you've been hiding under!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought you fent.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!

Hey MM, how are ya? I was not hiding under a rock, just using my awesome ninja cloaking skills.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool pics, what kind of equipment do you use?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#10]
There are more people in a bar around here on a tuesday night at 1am than in said pics.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]
LT..good to see you man! Hang around here as much as you can...you would liven up the place.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#12]
No FB.....cannot see.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!

Hey MM, how are ya? I was not hiding under a rock, just using my awesome ninja cloaking skills.

I'm fantastic!  Ended up in Louisville, Kentucky of all places.  

Texas treating you well?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
LT's back? The end IS near!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I remember the last crowd I played for 1000 + so much fun cheers!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cool pics, what kind of equipment do you use?

The main gear is a Denon DNS3700 and Behringer DDM4000 Mixer. Macbook Pro 17” running Virtual DJ. Also have Traktor, but it does not support the spinning platter on the Denon’s so I pretty much use Virutal DJ with my set up. But most clubs uses Pioneers, which works well with Traktor. So I use that when I get club gigs.

Quoted:
I'm fantastic!  Ended up in Louisville, Kentucky of all places.  

Texas treating you well?
[/div]
KY??? I think I recall you talking about that. TX, is good.

Yeah. Easing my way back to the boards again after a few year hiatus. Good to be back
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
My brother was there yesterday dropping all the Red Bull cocktail tables off. Man do i miss all the free events i got into.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
DJ'd at a bar last night for a St. Patricks celebration. Although the bar was only half full it was still fun. And good extra cash. Most of the parties in Dallas happens in lower Greenville for St. Patricks. This is way north in Allen, so not many people there.

Well at least I have a 2 proms in April and another bar gig May. Those should be jammin.

Have I missed it?...haven't seen you posting in a while.

How did those pills work out (that was you wasn't it?)?

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My brother was there yesterday dropping all the Red Bull cocktail tables off. Man do i miss all the free events i got into.

HAHAHA...thoses sucker were right behind me in the cubby hole they had me set up in. I think you can see them on a pic or two. They were great cause I had a place to put my beers on. Good thing about DJ'ing at clubs and bars. You get paid and you get free drinks all night. I got free food at this gig too. I also DJ at a Japanese Restaurant and Lounge(restaurant turns into a club after 10PM). My bar tab for sushi and drinks typically gets in the $100+ a night. They don't have me DJ there often. Only special occassions. I wonder why.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFARR

Didn't work. I am still a long Asian sized 3"
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFARR

Didn't work. I am still a long Asian sized 3"

That's all right...as long as you can smooth your eyebrows with your tongue, you'll do fine in life...
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought LT fent...
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#23]
This thread is ancients

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHAHA...thoses sucker were right behind me in the cubby hole they had me set up in. I think you can see them on a pic or two. They were great cause I had a place to put my beers on. Good thing about DJ'ing at clubs and bars. You get paid and you get free drinks all night. I got free food at this gig too. I also DJ at a Japanese Restaurant and Lounge(restaurant turns into a club after 10PM). My bar tab for sushi and drinks typically gets in the $100+ a night. They don't have me DJ there often. Only special occassions. I wonder why.

yeah when i worked for Red Bull with my brother we would get free beer sometimes after setting up and clean up. The best was working X-fighters in the stock yards free beer and food every day and other schwag. plus got to meet travis pastrana and several other famous people. You DJing anywhere else next week?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

yeah when i worked for Red Bull with my brother we would get free beer sometimes after setting up and clean up. The best was working X-fighters in the stock yards free beer and food every day and other schwag. plus got to meet travis pastrana and several other famous people. You DJing anywhere else next week?

Nah. I did not book anything for the next couple of weekends cause I am moving apartments. Have a couple of H.S. Prom in April. Then doing a gig at Hibachi Rock in May. I may be back to the Londoner for Memorial Day weekend too, but that is still "in the works"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top