Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2002 9:40:35 AM EDT
Don't know if any of you have heard this yet, but in two briefs filed this week with the U.S. Supreme Court the Solictor General, acting on instructions from Attny. Gen. John Ashcroft, has reversed the government's formal position on the Second Amendment.  Previously, it was the formal position of the government that the 2nd Amendment did not protect the right of individual firearms ownership.  Now, in footnotes in these two briefs, the Soliciter General has stated that it is now the government's position that the Second Amendment DOES protect private firearms ownership.  A good step in the right direction!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been reading through what was said and I'm still sort of confused. From what I gather, the NFA of 1939 is now an illegal order. Thats just me though, everything I read makes that law illegal. [heavy]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]
until the next clintonista takes power....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top