Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2002 6:35:10 AM EDT
He tore up the anti-gunner he had on.  

Get this.  The guy said he interpreted the 2nd to be for warfare against foriegn enemies.  I guess he figured the armed forces were for giving out free college educations and spending tax money!  The guy got called on a few things by the other guest from GOA and he was all wet and looked pretty pissed off, he tried to jump subject a few times.  I didn't know Keyes was pro 2nd.  Good argument and if I wasn't such a pessimest I'd say the tide has changed for us.  There seems to be growing ground for reversal of many B.S. laws.  CCW is becoming a big issue in many states that dont have it and it is succeeding.  If this momentum keeps up I'd say we are goood to go in 04' with the AW ban.  Time will tell.  I did read a report illustrating how the internet has united the gun owners in the country.  This is all good news.  Also the Dems are starting to acknowledge publicly that Gore lost key states due to his stance on guns and what Clinton pulled in 94'.  I seen an interview with James Carville and he said the party needs to drop the gun issue completely because it is alienating them in rural america.  

Wait....Ahead... you see that?  A dim light in the distance?
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadly, I missed it.

Of course Alan is pro 2A!!!! He has a brain, and is not opposed to using it as the antis are.

Another fella on here said he thought GOA's Larry Pratt did a good job with Constitutional issues, but didn't do a good job rebutting the antis assertion that gun control has caused the decreases in crime we are currently seeing.

My rebutt to that would be that YES, gun control was enacted but CCW was also enacted, and given that BY DEFINTION criminals fear armed citizens MORE than they fear laws (the breaking of laws is what MAKES them criminals) it was CCW (or possibly other factors) that caused the decrease, NOT gun control laws.

Does that make sense.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BTW garandman, excellent point but when ever these liberals quote statitics, you have to take then with a grain of salt.  Usually the sources and methods used to obtain them are flawed or not representative of the true facts.  If you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth.
View Quote

Quite right.

The FIRST line of attack against Liberals statistics is to check their version of the facts...

Far too often, their "statistics" are skewed to produce a certain result, of dubious factualness, fabrications or outright lies.

Anytime I hear them quote statistics, I think "Bellesiles." Then I think "liar."

[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top