Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2002 10:02:14 PM EDT
...what does he think about YOU having them?  Even though he is a "sportsman," I can see him making this same argument back home in 2 yrs.

[url]http://www.jpost.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/Full&cid=1020337092750[/url]

"Saxton, a member of the Armed Services Committee, peered through one of the sniper scopes and recognized that part of it was made in his home state of New Jersey. Jack Kingston (R-GA) was keenly interested in the sniper rifles and shotguns.

“I am a sportsman. There are weapons here that I would use to shoot dove or quail. Some you might go deer hunting with, but 90 percent of these guns, which are in violation of the Oslo Accords, are used for the destruction of human beings,” Kingston said.

“This is a weapon of war. This is not a weapon of sportsmanship,” he said grasping a Stirling submachine gun. “There are thousands and thousands of others like it sitting on these premises and there may be even tenfold more that are not confiscated. Our message to the people of Israel is we stand behind you and behind your action. You need to defend yourselves and do
what it takes.”

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top