Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2011 11:58:09 AM EDT
....according to this guy. What he says makes a lot of sense. Basically, he says the problem is the US has printed trillions of dollars to cover the bank collapses and other bail-outs that started in 2008. This greatly devalues our currency. The US currency is currently the world standard reserve currency, meaning that all nations have to pay for imported goods using US dollars. This guy claims we are on the verge of the US currency losing the status of the
world standard reserve currency due to the devaluation of the dollar from our treasury just printing trillions of dollars. The US can only continue to print money and get away with it as long as the US currency remains the world standard reserve currency. He says once US currency loses the status of the world standard reserve currency , we will see gas prices and all commodities double almost overnight. We will see hyper inflation and 30+% unemployment.

Pretty scary stuff. Check out the video where he goes into detail to explain his predictions.

BTW...I heard about this guy on Rush Limbaugh today and checked out the link.

Link
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Great link!  Except he wants some of my obviously worthless dollars to tell me more about how to survive the forthcoming collapse.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
China will keep our currency afloat

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Great link!  Except he wants some of my obviously worthless dollars to tell me more about how to survive the forthcoming collapse.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can get that for free here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

First post and all that.  

Placeholder for an late 2008 Forbes doomsday article that never panned out
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fortune/0812/gallery.market_gurus.fortune/index.html
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
those will strong google skills can find his 5 pdfs on the web or IM me and I'll send them to you

Mostly crap - buy GOLD, move your money overseas, stock puts, etc

Take back Mostly it's all crap

at this point if you ain't ready well right now it's too late to get ready

that is assuming he's right

btw the pdfs were made public in 10/09 for what it's worth
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Do a Google search for Porter Stansberry and SEC fraud.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Alright, you sign up and tell us the scoop

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Great link! Except he wants some of my obviously worthless dollars to tell me more about how to survive the forthcoming collapse.

First post, wins.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First post and all that.  

Placeholder for an late 2008 Forbes doomsday article that never panned out
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fortune/0812/gallery.market_gurus.fortune/index.html

You say these articles didn't pan out, but they were just printed before their time.  You might need to wait a little longer.  I'm not going to say how long.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#12]
When they announced that the The US is now the leading buyer of US Securities. Yeah! We are beating China at that!

Oho wait.... What?

Damn.....

That is a bad thing right?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
The should be a button under only the first post.  It should say "This post NAILED it!"  Once a post receives 100 clicks on that button or whatever a good number is, the thread is locked and the person with the post gets a prize.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

....according to this guy. What he says makes a lot of sense. Basically, he says the problem is the US has printed trillions of dollars to cover the bank collapses and other bail-outs that started in 2008. This greatly devalues our currency. The US currency is currently the world standard reserve currency, meaning that all nations have to pay for imported goods using US dollars. This guy claims we are on the verge of the US currency losing the status of the

world standard reserve currency due to the devaluation of the dollar from our treasury just printing trillions of dollars. The US can only continue to print money and get away with it as long as the US currency remains the world standard reserve currency. He says once US currency loses the status of the world standard reserve currency , we will see gas prices and all commodities double almost overnight. We will see hyper inflation and 30+% unemployment.

Pretty scary stuff. Check out the video where he goes into detail to explain his predictions.

BTW...I heard about this guy on Rush Limbaugh today and checked out the link.

Link

Have you been listening to KLBJ? I have heard these commercials for the last couple of weeks and I have been meaning to post a thread about www.endofamerica20.com and www.endofamerica39.com which all lead to this Stansberry guy's page.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#16]
He's definitely right about printing too much money.

eta:  the deficit!!  Just print more money!.  Economics ....... how does it work?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#18]
i got turned off by two aspects of his pitch.

1) graph of chinese treasury bill holdings going down, supposedly showing chinese are dumping overall treasury holdings and the dollar.  it's just flat wrong.  they've been ditching t-bills but have been buying coupons (short term bills are issued at a discount, regular bonds pay a coupon), and overall u.s.gov't bond holdings by china have been going up sequentially.

2) gas prices around the world and how the rest of the world is paying more than americans are.  well, guess what, it's because of taxes, silly.  

annoying pitch notwithstanding ... he may have some insights in some interesting resource plays, although i have ta tell ya, the commodity trade is a little tired and we might see some downside volatility.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Gee thanks I just went out and spent my life savings on pre64 dimes...
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#21]
No, it's not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Ever wonder just why the Dems aren't afraid of a monstrous debt?  Are they stupid?  Do they know something we don't?  Are they planning on defaulting?  Do they believe China will prop us up forever?

I'm voting for #1, they're stupid.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nope....he provides free advice:

1. Food and water to last for 6 months
2. Invest in precious metals and non US Dollar investments.
-Get your money/investments beyond reach of the US Govt (desperate govts do desperate things - you can legally invest out of the US)
-Buy as much gold and silver as you can afford (he predicts $6000 an ounce for gold in the next few years - he says silver is extremely undervalued right now)

Just watch the video.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

China will keep our currency afloat

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

As long as it's in their best interest....then.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Dude, that's a bad sign, LOL.

If US dollars are so damned worthless what does he want with them. Why not take a few chickens and a pound of sugar?

Not to say that there isn't a grain of salt to what he's saying, just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Bill
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#26]
He is full of shit and everything is fine. just fine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#27]
the one thing that keeps me wondering about his thesis ...

he's sure staking a lot on it and very publicly at that.

going to be major egg on his face if nothing happens as he predicted.

on the other hand, if he's right ...
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Did I beat Dave_Sherrick?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The should be a button under only the first post. It should say "This post NAILED it!" Once a post receives 100 clicks on that button or whatever a good number is, the thread is locked and the person with the post gets a prize.

Depending on the prize I could get behind that.  Perhaps to start a star by there name or title "1st post nailer" or some such.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

the one thing that keeps me wondering about his thesis ...

he's sure staking a lot on it and very publicly at that.

going to be major egg on his face if nothing happens as he predicted.

on the other hand, if he's right ...

podiatrists and shoe salesman and all that.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Gee thanks I just went out and spent my life savings on pre64 dimes...

You should have bought pre-1982 pennies.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Get your money/investments beyond reach of the US Govt (desperate govts do desperate things - you can legally invest out of the US)
-Buy as much gold and silver as you can afford (he predicts $6000 an ounce for gold in the next few years - he says silver is extremely undervalued right now)

Just watch the video.

Food and Water to last for 6 months? I have 4 people in my family. I'd have to buy another house to store all that for my family. If things get bad enough that my emergency supply storage isn't enough- then things are bad and I'm going out to take what I need- because then it will move out of using emergency stash and into to survival mode. At that point society will be in ruins anyways                  

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just watch the video.

then things are bad and I'm going out to take what I need- because then it will move out of using emergency stash and into to survival mode. At that point society will be in ruins anyways                  

It wont be there then. You might try visiting the "kooks" in the survival forum.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
those will strong google skills can find his 5 pdfs on the web or IM me and I'll send them to you

Mostly crap - buy GOLD, move your money overseas, stock puts, etc

Take back Mostly it's all crap

at this point if you ain't ready well right now it's too late to get ready

that is assuming he's right

btw the pdfs were made public in 10/09 for what it's worth

Well, I did all that stuff at the end of 08 when the Dark Lord rose to power.

It might be too late to buy gold now........but it is certainly not too late to move your 401(k) to foreign stocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top