Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it.

That would be an extremely dumb move for him to try and pull an Andrew Jackson in this day and age, in the current political climate.  He did say something about wanting his presidency to be like Lincoln's though, didn't he?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if SCOUS rules the bill a no go based on the mandate and or taxes that didn't originate in the house or whatever it may be..... what happens?

Is the law just gone?   Is all the organizations and focus groups and whatever the hell has already been started removed?  How does this work? I can't recall teh SCOTUS ruling anything this big as a no go.  We have a congress that will NOT amend it for a second chance so will it just die?

Lets hope insurance companies are smart and do a rate drop if this law gets shit canned. It will go a long way towards showing that insurance companies had no choice but to raise rates and will give republicans merit to try some free market ideas in reducing costs.

they will do what they did in dc, over the handgun thing. they will change a thing or two, and say WE FIXED IT !, and run with it. it will be going back to the supreme court until they eventually get it semi legal
they would need a congress willing to do that.

they dont have one.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If SCOTUS rules Obamcare unconstitional what happens?

We will feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of liberal voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A couple of conservative Supreme Court Justices will end up committing suicide before decision, multiple gunshot wounds to the head......

If any SCOTUS judges die of dubiously unnatural causes, I think that could be the spark that ignites the SHTF bomb in this country.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If zerocare gets shot down then my faith in our system is restored.

I agree 100%. So far the Democratic control of the WH and Congress has done nothing but trample our rights while continuing to spout the same tired party lines about "protecting the children and the future," and "saving our planet." The Founding Fathers had no idea that the Government they created would eventually become what we have today. Our elected officials are so disconnected from the people and so full of their own self importance that they think whatever they decide will be received with open arms by an adoring public. Not so, and if our Judiciary sides with the States and the Constitution in striking down ObamaCare then it will send a resounding message to Washington that the people are fed up with a massive Government trying to control every aspect of our lives. ObamaCare was about controling the masses, not about making health care available at reasonable prices. The charade has been exposed and the man behind the curtain is being held accountable. Lets hope the SCOTUS agrees with Judge Vinson and upholds his ruling.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
like the regeime is bothered by laws
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:59:07 AM EDT
[#7]
If SCOTUS rules it unConstitutional, I will fly my American Flag again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think I might take down the revolutionary  flags and fly the stars and stripes for a bit if that happens
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I can "finally be proud of America" again?  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I might take down the revolutionary  flags and fly the stars and stripes for a bit if that happens

I have been debating what flag to fly ever since that POS passed.

I wanted to start flying the Gadsden, but got vetoed bu the boss.

Been thinking maybe the Betsy Ross.  Just haven't gotten around to it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top