Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2002 9:33:16 PM EDT
Went to the range today with a friend of mine who just got a SR25. With less than[b]200 rounds[/b] run through the rifle the bolt hold open broke. Just effen sheared off diagnoly. For what these rifles go for, you would think that they would be built to last.
Couple this with all the horror stories I've heard about trying to get service out of Reed Knight.... I'll  just stick to the FAL for .308.
echo6
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:23:10 AM EDT
[#1]
bump for the day crew
echo6
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Fal is a good rifle. Not sniper grade but proven and reliable for combat. On a good day
I have been able to get 1.5 moa 5 shots to 150 meters.

Jouni
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
This is kind of a "BS" answer but the SR-25 is necessary to show what a great value the AR-10 really is !!

Actually the SR-25 is a good, over priced rifle. A pure guess says the problem part was not properly hardened and a further guess says that part was built by a sub-contractor.
One of the most difficult things to QC is the proper hardening of a part.

(I didn't just defend Knights did I ?  Nawwww, of course not.)

Knights reputation for good, caring customer service is............well, priceless - if you're ArmaLite !  
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Something good to say about Knights?
Well, umm...their RIS is cool.
And ummm...I wish I could afford an SR25K preban.
That's about it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's see Good things about Knight's
1. The knights rail is a good thing
2. Even though its been copied the Vertical front grip is pretty good.
3. The Navy Seals just purchased a Suppressed SR-25 dubbed the Mark 11 Mod 0

4. There are a few SR-25 carbines in use with special forces and some Miami Swat teams.

OK now Cons,

1 .Unless you are a swat team member or an SF guy I heard they can be coarse on the phone.

2. The Ar-10 (even though No semi, preban is available) has always gotten high marks when compared to the SR-25.

My 2 cents

JerrY
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The difference between the AR-10 and the SR-25 is that the SR-25 was designed to use as many AR-15 parts as possible and ate AR-10 was just designed to be the best .308 style AR-15.

Did that make sense?

The funny think is the seals just adopted the SR-25 as the MK11 MOD 0.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top