Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 6:55:14 PM EDT
Tourist season is going to open up shortly in southeast, CT.  I've never gone after tourist before, so I'd like to do a little research.

Does anyone know of a good source of info on allowable firearms, bag limits, size restrictions, licensed taxidermists, etc?

I'm told that hunting tourists is pretty boring and disappointing, as they are pretty slow moving, travel in groups, and waddle out in the open alot.  However, many of the older ones drive very large heavy cars which provide them a degree of protection.  The younger ones can move pretty quickly on foot if they have to.

Also, which scents are best in luring tourists?  I've heard that fried dough works best, but aqua velva should work nicely, too.

As camouflage, I plan to wear a red and yellow Hawaiian shirt, flip flops, and a porkpie hat.  I was going to set up a tree stand outside a gewgaw shop in Mystic (next to the Morgan) but if that fails I go over to Essex, where the winding roads tend to confuse the tourists and they end up running into each other.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
And just to be on the safe side:

I'M KIDDING, DAMMIT!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Tourists-we aint got no stinking Tourists
yeah right
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't believe that anyone still lives there.  When I left the Hartford area, I swore I'd never move back.  Taxed to death, expensive everything, Cops from hell and (present company excluded) some of the rudest people I've ever met.  You guys can divy up the space that I vacated!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can't believe that anyone still lives there.  When I left the Hartford area, I swore I'd never move back.  Taxed to death, expensive everything, Cops from hell and (present company excluded) some of the rudest people I've ever met.  You guys can divy up the space that I vacated!
View Quote

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   He's complaining about the Hartford area!  Try southwestern CT.  All it's got going for it that it's slightly more conservative, but even that's disappearing thanks to the Manhattanites that want a lawn.  They also bring their Suzy Soccermom wives.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:03:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As camouflage, I plan to wear a red and yellow Hawaiian shirt, flip flops, and a porkpie hat.  I was going to set up a tree stand outside a gewgaw shop in Mystic (next to the Morgan) but if that fails I go over to Essex, where the winding roads tend to confuse the tourists and they end up running into each other.
View Quote

Essex! Mah home town...  

I remember a friend and I were riding our bikes in town one day, and this old biddy from Flaaarridah turns to her companion and says "Look Ellie, they have kids here!"
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was going to set up a tree stand outside a gewgaw shop in Mystic...
View Quote

If you get bored, take a trip over to Mystic Army Navy[url]www.mysticarmynavy.com[/url]. Great shop and real good guys.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:26:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Remember that those places so popularly called "turist traps" are in reality "game preserves."

game preserves = no hunting

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Somewhere along these lines.....

Thank God that warm climate is here. Living in South Texas, I sure am glad that all those Winter Birds have gone back to where they came from. Most of these people do not know what a "Texas Courtesy Pass" is. With their large RVs they create some of the longest line of tailgaters.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You live in Mystic?
View Quote

Guys take the ferry over to Long Island and we'll get together for a shoot or maybe I'll come there!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't forget to hang a camera around your neck too.  This is a very important piece of camo that can spook some of the more wary game if they don't see it.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top