Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 12:21:09 AM EDT
Heeeeeeeelp!  My butt feels like it's on fire!!!

Heartburn is a breeze compared to this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Haha!! Spicy food is good!! Go drink some milk 'ya massochist!! God bless the burning butt!

Oh'ya, wtf is with youz guys being up so late? Go to bed!!  LOL!!

-T.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I had too much habanero once, and I had to suck on crushed ice for 30 minutes to keep from passing out. I thought I was going to die!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
These deep, life experience threads are with out a doubt my favorite!...[:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Carneceria de Diablo!!!

Quoted:
...I had to suck on crushed ice for 30 minutes...
View Quote

That gives me a desperate idea....

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, I had too much habanero once,
View Quote

Have you ever seen the Simpsons episode where Homer eats the ultra hot pepper and the extreme pain spins him into some acid type trip?

That was definitely a Habanero (sp).
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I should have read this before eating a tablespoon of the stuff.

Pepper Heat Scale
[url]www1.diamondbullet.com/darren/habanero/scale.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you ever seen the Simpsons episode where Homer eats the ultra hot pepper and the extreme pain spins him into some acid type trip?

View Quote

Chief Wighams chili. Riot!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Try  Pace Chipotle chunky picante sauce, moderate spice, with awesome smokey flavor.

I made the mistake of loading up on the top of the line wings at Hooters, and drinking about three pitchers of beer. My buddy was 20, so not drinking, so he got to drive. I woke in the middle of the night to race into the bathroom, and deposit the most horriffic dump known to man. Take your typical beer shits and ignite them. This continued well into the day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a large peperoni pizza with a double topping of jalapeno and I was sprinkling tobasco on it. It burned so bad the next morning that I couldn't even read the SGN.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Coyote: Fear not, Homer.  I am your spirit guide.
Homer: [warily] Hiya.
Coyote: There is a lesson you must learn.
Homer: If it's about laying off the insanity peppers, I'm way ahead of you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Try Litehouse brand salsa...best I ever had...Sams Club carries it...in the refrigerated section...the medium is mild imo but very tasty...
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Make your own salsa, it's easy, inexpensive and actually tastes good, unlike the commercial shit in bottle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Make your own salsa, it's easy, inexpensive and actually tastes good, unlike the commercial shit in bottle.
View Quote

What's your recipe?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Dave's Insanity Sauce.  (Or Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce.)  Got into a discussion with some telecom engineers in Finland about spicy foods.  They said they ate some really hot stuff.  We made a bet.  Sent them a bottle of Insanity Sauce.  Two weeks later we got a two word email, "You win."
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dave's Insanity Sauce.  (Or Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce.)  Got into a discussion with some telecom engineers in Finland about spicy foods.  They said they ate some really hot stuff.  We made a bet.  Sent them a bottle of Insanity Sauce.  Two weeks later we got a two word email, "You win."
View Quote

That stuff is child's play.  I used to slather Domino's pizza with it.  Barely broke a sweat.

I usually add a heapin' helping to my chili...  along with loads of chili powder, cayenne pepper, pureed habaneros...  Best chili in the world (except, I'm generally the only one who can eat it and really know for sure).

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://www.davesgourmet.com/images/1Ultimate.jpg[/img]

Be afraid. Be very very afraid.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#18]
For all you Texas Member, I have been trying to reach this company that makes My Favorite HOt Sauce.

They have a RED Habenaro
and a green Habenaro

Their Name is El Yucatecco.
They are down there on the border.

Anyone heard of this.

Anyways I sent these guys an EMAIL but, as I imagine these Messicans they are probably sitting on their porch drinkin Tequilia, and not answering their emails.... Any ways... I want a case of both kinds . THAT SHIT IS AWESOME..

SO IF someone can help me here.

Ben

There is one sauce I have seen used that borders on Insane, er.. Just completely idiotic. It is $60.00 a gallon it is nothing but Habenro OIL's,The ground pepper itself and ground seeds... Thats it. It makes cinnamon oil look like water... 1 tablespoon will flavor 5 gallons of chillie..  It is not Carrot Based, It is not Tomato based. Its just straight Habenero.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That stuff is child's play.  I used to slather Domino's pizza with it.  Barely broke a sweat.

I usually add a heapin' helping to my chili...  along with loads of chili powder, cayenne pepper, pureed habaneros...  Best chili in the world (except, I'm generally the only one who can eat it and really know for sure).

the_reject
View Quote

sigh
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Heeeeeeeelp!  My butt feels like it's on fire!!!

Heartburn is a breeze compared to this.
View Quote

Since no one else will - A cool washcloth between the cheek and gums will satisfy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys,

I am known(hated) around these parts for making homemade hotsauces.

here is a basic recipe i use for a good, simple red sauce.

10 habaneros or scotch bonnet peppers
2 tomatos
1 carrot
4 garlic cloves
2 cups white vinegar
salt

boil peppers whole in 2 cups of white vinegar until vinegar reduced to about 1 1/2 cups.
(DO NOT BREATH FUMES)

pour peppers AND vinegar into blender with chopped tomatos, carrot, and garlic.

sprinkle salt to taste and blend away to desired consistency.

this sauce is plenty hot, but has a nice well rounded taste also.

the name of my sauce company is "the chile militia" and this sauce is called "oral ambush"
[:)] NO COMMENTS ON THAT NAME GUYS!

there are lots of "insanity" sauces out there if you want to torture yourself, but i prefer taste and flavor to extreme heat with no other benefit.  plus a lot of those dont even use peppers, they use chemically extracted capsicum.

good luck...enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I've humbled many "I love hot food" people with Dave's Insanity.  It tastes like crap and is more of a chemical burn than the natural pain associated with a good Habanero.  

When I first started eating Habaneros, I decided to fry some up with chicken breast.  Huge mistake....you couldn't breath in my apartment for about a half hour...I pepper sprayed myself, ruined my contact lens from fumes.

You know, it's amazing that they mix in the Habaneros with "other" types of peppers at the grocery store.  I can imagine some customer thinking, "Boy, 'dem orange one's sure are pretty and would make the dish look great".  It's almost criminal as an unexpected trip down Habanero Lane could give somebody a friggin' stroke.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I gave my father-n-law some habanero peppers one time, he was one of those guys that thought there wasn't a pepper in the world he couldn't grab up an eat like an apple. I told him they were evil little bastards but he's one of those guys so I just dropped em off in his kitchen an went home. Later his wife called an said he'd just got through runnin around the kitchen like some cartoon character shovin anything he could find down his throat to try and quench the burn. Swears to this day I tried to kill him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#24]
My Brother and Myself are fairly "O"nery (anyone with a brother will understand), but one time I tricked him into eating some peppers, bad story we were kids... Well several years later he tricks this kid at the grocery store into eating this habenero in one bite.. SHIT that kid (who worked there) nearly died... hahahaha ROTFLMAO...

EDITED TO ADD:
I am going to have to do a lot of explaining when I get to heaven..
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#25]
You want to see something really funny?

Take a newbie to a sushi bar and tell him that the wasabi is really avocado.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#27]
And now the CURE:

Starches.

Load up on potato chips, french fries, etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#28]
One of my favorite pranks is to dump a little hot sauce in someone's food, and then put the rest of the bottle in their drink. If they have a dark colored soda this works pretty well. They usually do not realize it is the drink and not the food, so they keep on chugging.

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One of my favorite pranks is to dump a little hot sauce in someone's food, and then put the rest of the bottle in their drink. If they have a dark colored soda this works pretty well. They usually do not realize it is the drink and not the food, so they keep on chugging.

Kyle
View Quote

Remind me to never go out to eat with you.  You are a ruthless SOB!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Does anybody know where I can buy a pound of powdered habanero pepper powder?  No, not for consumption.  It's great for keeping animals out of the trash.  I sprinkled some around a garbage bag and watched as a raccoon came up and sniffed it.  He turned tail and ran, hasn't been back in almost a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top