Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 8:36:05 PM EDT
We like to insert quotes from famous people in our local gun club news letter. Can't remember a site that had quotes. Lost it in my old computer.
Thanks for any help
VM
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know of any sites but get a copy of shotgun news at the book store. They are full of progun quotes from the founding fathers.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask, and ye shall receive...

[url]www.tuxedo.org/~esr/guns/quotes.html[/url]

[url]www.freedomsnest.com/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Steve,
 Have a pile of shotgun news right next to me.
One gun site had this section on quotes. Just can't remember the damn thing.
VM
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
 Great sites!!!!
I will relay the info to the wife(club secetary).
VM
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to:

[url]http://cf.heritage.org/almanac/quotations.cfm[/url]

Click on "Select Subject"
Select "Arms"
Leave the rest alone and click on "Submit"

Lots of good quotes on other subjects too.

Good site to browse.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#6]
From the Founder's Almanac:

Recommended Bill of Rights from the Virginia Ratifying Convention
June 27, 1778
Topic: Arms

That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state; that standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, and therefore ought to be avoided, as far as the circumstances and protection of the community will admit; and that, in all cases, the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's another from Founder's Almanac.  Gotta love Patrick Henry:

Henry, Patrick speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention
June 5, 1778
Topic: Arms

O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if, to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people! Your arms, wherewith you could defend yourselves, are gone; and you have no longer an aristocratical, no longer a democratical spirit. [red]Did you ever read of any revolution in a nation, brought about by the punishment of those in power, inflicted by those who had no power at all?[/red]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top