Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 8:45:37 AM EDT
hey all,

at least once a month i used to spend about an hour on line contacting state reps, and media writing them emails on how i feel about their stance on gun control. i also visit anti-gun sites and find out what companies are supporting them. i try to write them too.

lately though i seem to spend my on-line time here with the great folks on this forum. and have not done any hell raising in a while.

i got to thinking that if my fellow gun enthusiasts on this forum spent a little time doing the same thing i did (i'm sure some of you do). we'd be doing something! because you know, bored soccer moms everywhere are sending in their veiws, and it probably aint pretty.

so here's the deal/challenge:

* i'd like to find these sucky reps. & businesses email addresses to share with you so we could write them.

* i'll try to locate some of my sent emails, post them on this thread so people can copy paste & modify them, and send them out as well.

* also, if anyone with better writing skills and can type faster, could find the time to come up with a few different generic versions that others could use. of course the letters being cordial/professional to represent the gun community.

i read some of these topics on this forum about how crappy we gun owners are viewed & treated, and see all these responses, but i know 90% of these responses aren't going to people or orginizations that should really hear it.

would anybody be up for something like this?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]i'd like to find these sucky reps. & businesses email addresses to share with you so we could write them.[/b]

"Gun Owners of America" have alot of what you want and form letters too, just type your Zip.
[url]http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks mike!

i didn't know that excisted. hopefully others know it excists now too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top